Thread: Been on Cops?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Been on Cops?

I was watching a cops marathon on FX yesterday and noticed a lot of firefighters on the calls. Just curious if you have ever been on a show like cops.

Just a stupid question I figured I would ask
    EMT-B
    Garfield Twp. Fire Department
    http://www.garfieldfire.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireAndy
    I was watching a cops marathon on FX yesterday and noticed a lot of firefighters on the calls. Just curious if you have ever been on a show like cops.

Just a stupid question I figured I would ask
    From inside a patrol car or outside?
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Forum Member

Been on a couple calls that turned into episodes of "Cops".
    Remember,you might be a redneck if your home address is a question on the Sheriff's Department Academy final exam.
    Last edited by doughesson; 09-07-2005 at 01:31 PM.

Forum Member

On the advice of my attorney,I decline to answer that as my response may tend to incriminate me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1983
    From inside a patrol car or outside?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson
    On the advice of my attorney,I decline to answer that as my response may tend to incriminate me.
    Hmmmm. I guess you were in the inside the Po-lice car.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Not me, but...

I've never been on, but when I first started my job at the county juvenile detention center, a guy who was training me for a couple of days looked very familiar. I asked him about what college he went to, what high school, where he worked before. Nothing in common. Then towards the end of the day he said "You probably remember me from COPS." and that was it! A couple years earlier he was featured on COPS when they did an episode where they rode with the "Nightwatch" program we have here where a few guys ride around picking up kids with p/u orders or that are known wanted.
    Later,
    KC
    "PHILIPPEANS 4:13"

MembersZone Subscriber

Default not me either, but......

there was a guy in one of the Cleveland episodes that was arrested and placed in the back of the cruiser. he then proceeded to bang his forehead repeatedly on the metal cage between himself and the front seat leaving a wonderful criss-cross pattern of blood and swelling. a couple weeks later the department is was PD dispatching for arrested him for something (suspended license or similar) and brought him to the station for processing. he still had the marks on his forehead and seemed kinda proud of his "15 minutes of fame".
    Last edited by ptfd19; 09-07-2005 at 03:38 AM. Reason: there's no "auto-correct" for spelling
    the motto of every midnight shift dispatcher - "I'm up - You're up"

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

Since I've never been arrested for anything so I can't say that I've been on COPS before.

I'd just love to see COPS or the show Paramedics come to Waco. Boy, they would have some fun.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Forum Member

My fire science internship was with the Lynn Arson sqaud.
    They were on cops in the early 90's with a serial arsonist that lit a irish battleship( triple decker) on fire. Also the truckie they showed on the ladder tearing down the sideing got on the arson squad in 98.
    Last edited by stm4710; 09-07-2005 at 11:26 AM.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Member

In my old high school class,half of us became police officers and the other half became the prey of cops.
    I am the only one I know of that has ridden in both the front seats as a ridealong before joining as a reserve deputy ( I dropped voluntarily.not enough hours in my day then )and in the back as a "hardened"criminal for defending myself.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie
    Hmmmm. I guess you were in the inside the Po-lice car.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Fireman turned Cop

A guy that worked for us left and went to Fort Worth PD. So they are riding around with him and he is first on scene for a motel fire (real classy place) and he walks around opening every door and checking the rooms for "patrons". Well he leaves every door open on his little trip around the complex. Needless to say, FWFD arrives to find massive fire blowing outta the place. An officer for FW is recorded as saying, "Man, how did this thing get going so fast?" He has caught just a little grief over that one......

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by biki1121
    A guy that worked for us left and went to Fort Worth PD. So they are riding around with him and he is first on scene for a motel fire (real classy place) and he walks around opening every door and checking the rooms for "patrons". Well he leaves every door open on his little trip around the complex. Needless to say, FWFD arrives to find massive fire blowing outta the place. An officer for FW is recorded as saying, "Man, how did this thing get going so fast?" He has caught just a little grief over that one......

That one was on the other day, and he actually said in the show that he used to be a firefighter, and you are right he walked around to every door that had smoke coming out of it and opened them up to see if anyone was inside, and didn't bother shutting the door. At one point in the scene he asked a bystander to open one of the doors to see if anyone was in the room.

I think there were 3-4 rooms that were all set ablaze by an arsonist who set the fires on the beds.
    EMT-B
    Garfield Twp. Fire Department
    http://www.garfieldfire.com

Forum Member

Now THAT is hilarious.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie
    Now THAT is hilarious.
    What would have been funnier is if they took the PPV fan and put it in front of the door to vent the structre during the attack.

Yes........I have seen it done on a video of a fire in 1993......when PPV was kind of a new concept for a local department.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Member

We used to joke around and call the PPV the "Fire Spreader 2000."

Again, the misunderstood or poorly applied concept of its use to blame.

MembersZone Subscriber

Never made COPS, but did make it into a television documentary and news footage of our major fires in 1997 on the urban interface. Both were shown around the world. Funny thing was while visiting some friends in the U.S. they pulled out a video copy of this documentary and asked me what the hell was this bunch of idiots on the documentary doing trying to fight an 80' wall of flame with a 1.5 inch handline on the edge of this road - "they had to be freakin' totally mental" was one of the comments. I drew a quick map and explained that if the fire had of crossed that road then the next thing that was going to stop it was the ocean - and there was 35,000 houses and about 150,000 civilians that were going to be lost within the next 30 minutes if the fire crossed that road. Then I calmly pointed out to them that the "freakin' totally mental idiot" on the nozzle was sitting right there in their lounge room The looks on their faces was priceless
    Last edited by stillPSFB; 09-08-2005 at 08:35 AM.
    Busy polishing the stacked tips on the deckgun of I.A.C.O.J. Engine#1

...and before you ask - YES I have done a Bloody SEARCH!

Thread Information