Forum Member

Default Godspeed Louisiana responders

I cannot help more than I have,loading a truck heading to Lafayette,but I wish for all Louisiana emergency responders to get through this tragedy safely and to endure the memory of what you have seen and will seen.
    Doug Hesson
    Kentucky Volunteer Firefighter

Forum Member

As for myself who works and lives in the Baton Rouge and surrounding area as a fulltime Paramedic and volunteer firefighter.. I want to thank all the states for sending fire and EMS personnel and equipment to help all over Louisiana, MS and AL that was hit by Katrina... in this time of need.. And also not to forget all the law enforcement adgencies too...

Thanks for all your help, support and prayers...

God Bless each and everyone of ya'll

Forum Member

The only problems that I have had with doing more were hearing Kanye West's comments about the President not caring and that some police are forcing their way into homes of those that are defending themselves without looting.
    Either situation,if both are true,is disturbing and not helping to get the recovery done.
    Last edited by doughesson; 10-05-2005 at 12:04 PM.

Forum Member

Well what you have heard and what is actually going on is false... Even though the orders have been given by the Mayor to use force if necessary, the military and police officers haven't been using them - just using the power of persuasion... If President Bush didn't care why has he been to the area 3 to 4 times. Alot of the has been reported by the news media has turn up to be false...

Forum Member

Thanks to everyone who came down here to help with the disaster recovery. Thanks also to those who donated money or supplies to the effort. It was so good to see all of the out of area ambulances and fire department units who, along with police departments, responded from all over the nation.
    Things are slowly returning to normal. I finally got all the limbs out of my yard, I got a check from the insurance company to do repairs and I hope to have a contractor here soon to finish working on things. I've contacted someone about hauling off the car that was damaged by the falling tree. It'll be good to have it towed away instead of taking up a spot where I like to park.
    Steve
    EMT/Security Officer

Thread Information