Forum Member

Default 3 weeks after psych test, still waiting for hire

hello all, I received a conditional offer of employment with the paid-on-call department here on August 2nd. I immediatley filled out background check paperwork, got a health physical, and got a psych evaluation done as soon as I could- 2 weeks after making the appointment. I have now been done with everything for 3 weeks and still have not heard back from the department- Does this sound like a normal waiting period? I can't imagine any of the results would take that long to complete, and it's been over a month to receive the background check results as well....the only thing I can think of is maybe the other candidates were'nt as quick as me in getting everything done and I'm waiting on them...but man what a long long wait with no update!! So does this sound normal or should I call and ask what's up? I don't want to be a pest or anything though. thanks for any info.

Forum Member

Ha, I'm getting used to this no reply stuff.....Called the cheif yesturday just to check status and still havent heard back. Oh well life i guess

MembersZone Subscriber

A lot of times once you are approved by the Chief they have to bring it to the trustees. Are trustees only have a meeting once a month, and all new members have to be ok'ed by the trustees. He could possibly be waiting for that meeting.
    "Train as if your life depends on it"
    Always Remember *343*

Forum Member

Our volunteer department's trustees meet once a month to vote in new members but you can join in training until they do.
    It's a running joke that with our chief,if you talk to him more than 10 minutes,you get assigned a state firefighter number.
    For paid guys,they could be waiting until ALL of the results are in before telling those that passed when and where to show up for training.It saves money making one mass mailing than sending a bunch of single letters.

Thread Information