Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default No More Applications

FYI - I just got off the phone with the community relations people at FEMA and they told me no more applications would be taken for the 1000 teams for the community relations work. They have enough people for this job, but told me to continue to monitor the website for additional information.

MembersZone Subscriber DougVelting's Avatar

My Chief got the phone call last night, saying that they were putting the applications from our station "in the system" and that they werent taking any more applications any more either. Guess all any of us can do is hurry up and wait.
    Doug Velting Jr
    President Cassville Volunteer Fire Co
    dougvelting@fireexec.com
    www.cassvillefire.org
    Fire Exec .com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakesboro300
    FYI - I just got off the phone with the community relations people at FEMA and they told me no more applications would be taken for the 1000 teams for the community relations work. They have enough people for this job, but told me to continue to monitor the website for additional information.

That is good news,now maybe they will focus on getting operational people to where they are needed.

Mark

Forum Member

Just found out day that the team that wanted to go from our dept located in southwest virginia will be heading out Monday morning. I have to say all that applied for these positions my thoughts and prayers are with you and want to say a big Thank you. Firefighters are a special breed of people.

Forum Member

Yeah, I was notified at 1:30 am this morning by FEMA that my team was accepted for the deployment. Now I'm just waiting for the e-mail from them outlining our orders and additional info. My thoughts on it are, yeah, it may be a little bit of B.S. to use us as community relations whatevers, but that mission is subject to change. And besides, we kinda decided that anything we can do to help is better than doing nothing.

Hope to see some of you there. Be safe.
    IAFF - Fire/EMS

Forum Member

OK,

I am going with an 11 man team from my CHURCH to Biloxi. In an astounding American tradition what the government tries to screw up God will fix. OK, so it won't be heroic fire supression, needed by at latest count 15 buildings in NO, but helping people get back on their feet, of which I am guessing there are millions. Go to Sameritan's Purse website, any website that is for your faith, talk to your church, stop fighting FEMA and let's help people get back on their feet, as opposed to wringing our hands about how we couldn't go as firefighters. And yes, I am a FF, and love it with all my heart, but people is why I do this, not the truck!

Mike
    Last edited by mkjhartmann; 09-07-2005 at 10:10 PM.

Thread Information