Forum Member

Smile Question from a distributor

I am a distributor for several companies and was wondering how I could go about getting information on bids that are coming out for SCBA's, etc. If anyone would be willing to send me links to their department's purchasing department so that I can search and provide quotes, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by eagle4124
    I am a distributor for several companies and was wondering how I could go about getting information on bids that are coming out for SCBA's, etc. If anyone would be willing to send me links to their department's purchasing department so that I can search and provide quotes, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
    Eagle,

E-mail me at not2l84u2@charter.net

Forum Member

Smile

Thanks Not2L84U2. I have emailed you and am greatly appreciative for your time. Have a wonderful day!

Forum Member

Eagle,

You can drop me some at firemedic@sport.rr.com
    Shopping now for 20 SCBA and a 3 stage cascade,
    BUT we have a vendor with LA state contract and another vendnor willing to match so WE may not be a good lead.
    You can try.

lol

Jeremy

FF/Medic/Grant Admin
    Jeremy (bigj164019) - FireFighter-I/Paramedic
    Fraternal Order of Paramedics Society
    Member Firehouse.com I.A.C.O.J. EMS Bureau

"Live for today, because yesterdays are over, and tomorrows may never come"!

Forum Member

Thanks Jeremy. I have emailed you for the specs. If anything, I can just be an "extra bid". Have a wonderful day and thanks again!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Eagle, you are welcome to email me your contact info, and I will file it...I always have departments that I work with asking me whom to call for quotes/bids. Volunteer departments in my neck of the woods have an unbelievable time getting sales reps to follow up if they aren't buying an $250K engine. So, send me a list of what lines you carry, or a link to your site, etc. Along with your contact info...be glad to pass it along. Good Luck!
    My email is alana@yourgrantwriter.com
    Alana Tomlin Denton
    Freelance Grant Writer/Consultant

Forum Member

Thank you Alana. I have emailed you some of the lines we carry. For anyone else reading this thread, the main lines we carry that are utilized by the fire departments are MSA, Survivair, BW Technologies, Biosystems and DuPont. We are currently running a huge promotion for the DuPont Protective Apparel at this time. Thanks again!

MembersZone Subscriber

DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

Why is somebody selling things here? Ain't that kind of against FH policy?
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

MembersZone Subscriber

That's a good question Jack. I'm new to this board, but i've used newsgroups for a number of years. On some of the other boards i've developed relationships with vendors who contribute on a regular basis, and ended up doing some business with them out of trust and sort of as a way of repaying them a little for the education i've received along the way.

Since i've spent more time in the Grants & Funding area of FH, so far i would not hesitate to hire Kurt, Alana or Brian to write a grant, nor would i balk at paying to attend one of their seminars. (And Kurt's sponsor will have an opportunity to quote turnouts for us soon as a result of his input here.) What i've learned from them may soon result in my department getting $17,000 more than was offered by a certain government entity. As a result of teaching free continuing education courses for insurance agents and volunteering my time in various industry groups, other local agents (competitors) sometimes call me to help with one of their clients. By contributing to their education, i'm able to receive.

I guess my point is that if through exchanging ideas and information i learn that a contributor can offer a product or service, i'll give them a shot. Not picking on eagle alone, but if a MEMBER has something more to offer than knowledge and ideas, they'll have a chance to get some business from our department. My hope is that eagle will at least become a "free" member and share some of the knowledge that he has and as a result of that, reap the benefits of having contributed to the community as a whole.
    earl

MembersZone Subscriber

DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

The grantwriters have been rather free with their ideas and everybody should have gotten some help from their posts. I don't know about people posting specifically to get some financial gain by selling their products here. My opinion.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jboczek
    I don't know about people posting specifically to get some financial gain by selling their products here. My opinion.
    jboczek:

I was not trying to offend anyone by my posting. If I upset you, I am terribly sorry. That was never my intentions. What I really wanted was information on how to get on vendor lists, etc. so that I could begin to build relationships with agencies and departments across the US. Again, my apologies.

Thread Information