MembersZone Subscriber

Post Station Night Club Fire

I'm currently doing a report on the Station Night Club Fire, Rhode Island, 2003. I'm looking for video, reports, documents or peoples opnions if anybody was there. I'd do a search on the forums but since they switched over i dont seem to know how.

i know theres a video out there that has a guy with a camera inside, if anybody has it or knows where i can get it that would help a lot, and if they know the story behind it.

Spud-x@lycos.com is my e-mail if anybody could e-mail me or post it here. Thanks very much in advance for all the troubles.

Forum Member

Check with the network affiliates in Boston and Providence. Might have better luck.

Of course one of the owners was a reporter for a TV station in Boston before he became a reporter for a station in Providence, so it is a touchy subject.

Also, do a search on "nightclub fire" or "station night club" and you might find something good with links.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WaffleHut
    I'm currently doing a report on the Station Night Club Fire, Rhode Island, 2003. I'm looking for video, reports, documents or peoples opnions if anybody was there. I'd do a search on the forums but since they switched over i dont seem to know how.

i know theres a video out there that has a guy with a camera inside, if anybody has it or knows where i can get it that would help a lot, and if they know the story behind it.

Spud-x@lycos.com is my e-mail if anybody could e-mail me or post it here. Thanks very much in advance for all the troubles.

some good info here.....

http://www.nist.gov/public_affairs/r...ribriefing.htm

http://www.newcenturyfriends.net/station.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/...in541420.shtml
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Forum Member

google is your friend

I would suggest finding the video that the NIST did(yeah had that wrong earlier and its that second link already posted)

do you mind me askin what the reports for?
    Last edited by Firefighter2230; 09-07-2005 at 11:10 PM.

Forum Member

That was one of those incidents where the images on the news are permanently burned into my memory.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

This case is so tied up in litigation, that much of the amatuer video that was shot has already been scooped up.

My usual suggestion as the first place to look for this stuff is NIST.

http://www.nist.gov/public_affairs/r...t_june2905.htm

MembersZone Subscriber
    Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)

Contact Congressman Jim Langevin's office.
    "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
    -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

MembersZone Subscriber

No. Providence R.I. : Land of the "How ya doins"

I was there from about 5 minutes after the dispatch. I was almost to my volly house, which is only 5 minutes from the club, when it came in so I went. I have photos from that point to about an hour and a half into it. All of the video taken from inside the club is under lock and key as it is evidence for both civil and criminal litigation. If you want I can help you with this, just PM me if you want. Contacting the Congressman or any other elected official won't help as this has been sent to the courts.
    "I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we know the work which a fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling."

Edward F. Croker
    Chief 1899-1911
    Fire Dept. City of New York

HOOK N' CAN of the I.A.C.O.J.

MembersZone Subscriber

My guess is that you just bought yourself a subpoena for the photos from one of the private fire investigators on this site. No. Not me. I'm not involved.

Thread Information