Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire
    How about a few thousand dead bodies that shouldn't be there? How about so those who failed are held accountable? How about so it doesn't happen again.
    Anyone feel stupid for getting hysterical yet? Few thousand? Try a few hundred.

Default parafire...

As George stated, FEMA did respond as they should have. Part of the mess we are seeing now, with them trying to take control, is a direct result of being murdered in the press for not taking control from the start. Nagin and Blanco need to be held responsible for either not having a good plan, or not following it. They have been blaming everyone else from the start. Blanco finally took some responsibility, after GW took responsibility. He stepped up to the plate, and took a hit for something that wasn't his fault. He didn't make the hurricaine. His crime? Not formulating a local disaster plan for NOLA. I'll bet there are a lot of other communities he has "ignored" in this way as well. I will be calling the White House to see when he will be dropping in to assess our LOCAL capabilities and form our LOCAL emergency plans. If a tornado hits Mt Pleasant are you going to sit on your hands and wait for FEMA? Are you going to complain the President didn't protect your town? Get real.

As for the comment about general hopelessness, dude, you need to get out of the ER and away from the Title XIX people for a while. Yes, gas is expensive now. You should go to Canada or Europe. I was up in the great frozen tundra (no offense to my Canadian brothers and sisters) in '99. I paid over a dollar per liter back then. There are about 4 liters per gallon, do the math. Even with the exchange rate back then, it was high, higher than I am paying now. I remember, although not that well, the news of people sitting in lines for hours for gasoline. I grew up, from the time I really became aware, with the fear of a nuclear war. I actually had a discussion with a friend a few years older than me about it when I was about 10. We decided we would walk out into the fallout, hoping to die fast. I don't see that in today's generation. I grew up going to collect free food from the USDA every month, peanut butter and cheese. And we weren't what I would call "the poor" of our area. This time, for me, is a lot better. My wife and I are making more money than we ever have, we are buying a house, and looking at buying a "new" used car. No, we don't have stock in oil companies, no, we aren't rich, we live paycheck to paycheck. This is a lot better time to be an American.
    "Illigitimi Non Carborundum"

"The views expressed by me are solely my own, and in no way reflect the views of any organization which I belong to."

Forum Member

Note that the first syllable of "dubya" is pronounced "duh".

Quote Originally Posted by bushmaster
    The braintrust adds their always valued input once again.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Quote Originally Posted by bushmaster
    "Duh" being a phrase that I'm sure comes quite easily to your lips...

Forum Member

Yes ,"duh" comes quite easily to my lips when I view the current
    administration's performance. I , as a registered voter , am greatly dis-
    appointed in the performance of those, who I , helped elect into office - or , helped elect those who appointed UNQUALIFIED people to
    perform critical tasks! Would you expect a new proby to run your fire department , with no experience?? I would certainly hope not!! To me ,"W" , you deserved the "duh". But, by naming Chief Dave Paulison to
    head FEMA , I, for one , salute that decision , and will therefore (for now) ,retract the "duh".PERIOD.

Thread Information