Thread: A 911 Reminder

MembersZone Subscriber

Default A 911 Reminder

A 911 Reminder

By Jacqueline O’Brien, grade 2, Buckley Country Day School, Nassau County, New York

It was my fourth birthday and everyone was there. After the party everyone left and it was nighttime. My brother, my sister, my mom, and my dad, and I went outside in our pajamas. We all went rushing to the pool and my dad threw my brother, my sister and me into the pool and then... “SPLASH”, my dad made the biggest jump. My mom got all wet while she was taking pictures of us with her camera!

One year later when it was my fifth birthday my dad wasn’t there because he died in the twin towers when he was working. It was on TV and everyone was watching, my family, my friends, and even probably strangers. It was horrible.

I’m so glad that I have those special memories because then I can always see my dad’s smile.

source: http://nyfd.com/

Forum Member

This is why we run into buildings that are burning to rescue people.So little girls and boys don't have to tell how much they miss their parents.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson
    This is why we run into buildings that are burning to rescue people.So little girls and boys don't have to tell how much they miss their parents.

I ain't much of a religious man but... Amen..

Forum Member

As a New Yorker and a fireman the anniversary of the 11th is especially hard for me. Although I no longer live in my city, the twin towers were a big part of my life growing up. They were the skyline, the trademark of the greatest city in the world. I watched them go up and I cried when they fell. Not only buildings were lost that day, but thousands of innocent people including 343 of our brothers, had their lives cut short by cowards. Which brings me to my point here. With every passing year the retoric regarding that day seems to be getting softer. I read in my local newspaper today today that since the day falls on a Sunday that the religous community is using this day to forgive and forget. Now I'm not a vindictive person but I've had enough. We need to remember that what happened for what it was:

1. This was a terrorist act of hate and murder---Not a bombing.
    2. This is not a time to Forgive and forget--It's a time to remember this as an evil deed and keep the anger on a low flame for these cowards.
    3. The people in those buildings, including our brothers, did not "GIVE their Lives, as so often quoted. They were murdered and didn't have a choice.
    4. This was an Attack on our country by Religous zelots who are hell bent on killing all of the " Infidels". That includes all of us who are not muslim.

If I sound angry, well, maybe I am and I am sure that there are those who will disagree with my train of thought. Thats OK, because thats why we are so great, as a people. Our diversity allows us to disagree but our tenacity makes us a formidable enemy. Rest easy brothers, we will have our day.
    Never trust a smiling dog.
    The uniform you're given is free, but it comes with a history. Do the right thing when you're in it.
    PTB, EGH, FTM.

Forum Member

Originally posted by Tillerman17:

"This was a terrorist act of hate and murder---Not a bombing."

Whats the difference? A bombing is a terroist act of hate and murder.....right?
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

MembersZone Subscriber

Please Brothers...let's keep this thread focused on remembering our fallen brothers

FTM-RFB-KTF

www.threefortythree.com
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Forum Member

Just my point, I do, almost every day.
    Never trust a smiling dog.
    The uniform you're given is free, but it comes with a history. Do the right thing when you're in it.
    PTB, EGH, FTM.

Thread Information