Forum Member

Default Historical Review

This is my first post, but I've been reading for months and I haven't seen this addressed anywhere. We got our "10 questions" I believe on 6/22 and the 1199 update shortly after. We applied for an exhaust removal system, fixed site generator, thermal imager, turnout gear. We got another series of questions concerning the age of the building, whether we would be modify the outside, etc. Also, was asked if we would take a lesser amount for the thermal imager and turnout gear (we asked for more than they are allowing). We were then told that we had to go through a historical review since we were modifying the building and it was over 50 years old. Can someone tell me how long this takes? There is no way our building is any type of historical site but they wouldn't take our word for it. Even had our municipality send them an e-mail that we weren't. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

MembersZone Subscriber

SFCCOMPANY39,

We went through the Historical Review for our exhaust system in 2004. This was probably the most frustrating process that I have encountered to date. The same as you, we recieved the 10 q's with some involving the building. The building in question is nearly 100 years old. We supplied them with pictures etc. It didn't matter what we told them. The rules are any building over 50 years old goes through the review, not just at the fed level, but state level also.

Our award date started on February 1, 2004 (2003 Grant). It was not until June 24, 2004 that we got clearance to move forward. The reason for the delay. They had no one doing the reviews. That person, I believe quit, and it took what seemed forever to hire some one to do the job. Then they had a large backlog to get done.

Hopefully, your review will not take as long, but do expect it will not be an immediate response.

Good luck.

Forum Member

Thank you for that information. Now another question: I've been reading that all awards will be by October 31, what if the historical review isn't done by then?

MembersZone Subscriber

The historical review should not hold up an award. At least not ours any way. It was completed 4 months after our award.

Forum Member

Default onebugle

Once again Thank You for your information. We are just wondering if we got the "10 questions" and the 1199 on 6/22, we would of thought we would of been awarded in the second round. We did the digital pictures too. We are just a little confused as to the process. We have heard nothing since we sent the pictures????? Did you do anything else to help the process??

MembersZone Subscriber

Unfortunately there is no set time between the 10 q's and an award announcement. It's just a waiting game.

As for the historical review. There is really nothing that you can do to step up the process. There's the fed review, then a state review. Any of these can cause a delay. You can call the help desk and see if they can put you in touch with the reviewer to see where you stand. They should be able to tell you where you are in the process.

Based on your info I don't see it being a problem, it's a matter of waiting for the results.

Thread Information