Thread: 1199A missing

Forum Member

Angry 1199A missing

I have submitted a application for the AFG Program for fy2005. Since that time I have received our 10 questions as well as an updated 1199A form.
    Now probably like everybody else I have been checking the status of my application periodically. Under the ACTION portion there was a drag down option for , review application, revoke application and review 1199a form. Today however I went to check it and the 1199a review is no longer an option.
    If anybody could offer any insight on why this may be, I would appreciate your help.

Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

If you have ever previously recieved a grant and those grants are listed there look underneath that grant and see if the 1199A there has a 05 AFG award # on it.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Actually ths is the first year we have applied. That was another reason it seemed so odd to me.
    Thanks for the attempted rationale ktb9780.
    Any other thoughts ?

MembersZone Subscriber

Once you recieve an award, the link for the 1199A will become available. When you view your award package, the link will be on the left hand side "Direct Deposit Form 1199A".

If you are awarded you will also have a link in the pulldown screen. This is where any future grants that you recieve will be referenced to.
    Last edited by onebugle; 09-08-2005 at 07:17 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

sugarpop, I would call the help desk and ask them what's up!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

I have contacted the help desk and they were unabe to provide us with any infromation.
    Oh well I guess I wll just have to wait and see what happens.
    Is this perplexing to you as well ?

Thanks for the help !

MembersZone Subscriber

Here's how i understand it...
    When the update 1199a link comes up, you get one shot to make any changes before printing it to take it to the bank for signatures. Once you click the link and visit your 1199, the form is locked and the link button disappears. You can print the form at any time by accessing it through the application.

Now, the fun part...
    If you click the link, visit the form, leave it and the link disappears--then find an error later--you must call or e-mail the help desk and tell them that your 1199a is locked and there is an error. A grant administrator can release the form for edit, and your link will reappear. Process begins again.

Finally...
    When the form is printed and taken to the bank, no changes to any printed information are allowed. Period. Signatures and required bank additions only.

Keep in mind boys and girls...
    In the world of paperwork the lessons learned from mistakes help novices like Earl grow to be veterans. On the fireground, that series of mistakes could have been very harmful.

Hope this helps,
    earl

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2
    Here's how i understand it...
    When the update 1199a link comes up, you get one shot to make any changes before printing it to take it to the bank for signatures. Once you click the link and visit your 1199, the form is locked and the link button disappears. You can print the form at any time by accessing it through the application.

Now, the fun part...
    If you click the link, visit the form, leave it and the link disappears--then find an error later--you must call or e-mail the help desk and tell them that your 1199a is locked and there is an error. A grant administrator can release the form for edit, and your link will reappear. Process begins again.

Finally...
    When the form is printed and taken to the bank, no changes to any printed information are allowed. Period. Signatures and required bank additions only.

Keep in mind boys and girls...
    In the world of paperwork the lessons learned from mistakes help novices like Earl grow to be veterans. On the fireground, that series of mistakes could have been very harmful.

Hope this helps,
    earl
    Yep, this is what happened to one of the depts I wrote for last year. The link dissapeared then they found out they had put the wrong contact name so I had to call the help desk to get it released. Bottom line is that as long as you filled it out correctly, it's supposed to disappear.

Forum Member

That certainly makes since. Thanks to everyone for your input.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default 1199A missing

I had the same thing happen last week. Up until then I could look at 1199A and see the refernce award 2005...... Now I can not even see the 1199A link under the action area. I e-mailed FEMA and was told it would not appear until if we were awarded

Thread Information