Thread: Told Ya

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by parafire81
    George, no offense, but you do not work in the insurance industry. Why would I accept an opinion from you?
    Because, unlike others, George usually loads both barrels with exhaustive research.
    When you want to "prove him wrong", you really have to work your butt off.
    And even then, you might come up empty!
    Throw in the towel, parafire. In retrospect, you should have started out a little "smaller" and worked your way up to George.
    Maybe even check out the always fun/sometimes funny Off Duty Discussions.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Permanently Removed

how would the insurance company cover, if say my house got flooded and I have no flood insurance but by some act of god (i.e.: lightning, cow kicking over a lantern) after the water receded the house were to burn to the ground. am I covered.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by hoseheadmaps
    how would the insurance company cover, if say my house got flooded and I have no flood insurance but by some act of god (i.e.: lightning, cow kicking over a lantern) after the water receded the house were to burn to the ground. am I covered.
    I would imagine so. As long as no one had already written the house off as total loss, then they would probably pay. At least I would hope that your agent would be there to help get you covered. They know how to work the system, and as we have seen on this thread, they are not out to avoid paying claims!
    To those whom much has been given, much shall be required.
    Chickens don't really exist....they are actually eggs with legs!

Permanently Removed

that would explain the large heard of cows heading to N.O.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)

that would explain the large heard of cows heading to N.O.
    Yup. And the milk prices will go up again...
    Last edited by DianeC; 09-20-2005 at 04:16 PM. Reason: add the quote that wasn't there...
    "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
    -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy? How do you know that they aren't just MOOOOOVING!

MembersZone Subscriber

I just heard....cattle mutilations are up.

FTM-PTB

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by FFFRED

FTM-PTB
    My sources just informed me that Area51 has had increased traffic lately. I wonder what they are up to. I have heard that the current administration has a deal with the aliens to wipe NO off the map.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FFFRED

FTM-PTB
    Probably being done by those same mean old FDNY guys that hogged the shower.

Yes it is a JOKE, please no hate mail

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    You amaze me.

While you are correct that, of course, hurricane winds can destroy a home, what proof do you have that the insurance cos. "...DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO PAY!" ? You have none, save for one toothless guy that CNN dredged up.

It's like people who purchase the cheapest auto insurance. Comprehensive and liability, but no collision. Then they get into a minor accident and want the collision damage fixed. It ain't happening. It'e like people who live in an apartment and refuse to pay about $200 a year to get $20,000 of coverage for their contents. Then there is a fire and they want the building insurance co. to pay for their stuff. It ain't happening. As I said before, the insurance co. is a business, it is not a social service agency. You get the coverage you pay for and that is not an opinion. That is a matter of insurance law.
    Amen to that! After having had command at a few apartment building fires, I am totally amazed when you see plasma tv's, high end stereo systems, expensive furniture and such and then the tennant say they "didn't have insurance because they...

a: coudln't afford it
    b: thought insurance was part ofthe rent.
    c: the landlord is responsible for my stuff."

I have earthquake insurance. It costs me $40 a year extra on my policy. I am covered should there be an earthquake here in New England. There hasn't been a damaging quake since the 1700's, but if there is...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo
    I have earthquake insurance. It costs me $40 a year extra on my policy. I am covered should there be an earthquake here in New England. There hasn't been a damaging quake since the 1700's, but if there is...
    That is the same thing they told me in Federal Way the last time the ground moved.

"Well, In the unlikely event of a earthquake....Seems silly but....."
    YGBSM!
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

If all you have is a hammer, then your problems start to look like nails.

IACOJ
    Southern Division.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo
    I live in Central Illinois and I have earthquake insurance. Apparently, we are on a "fault line" that runs through Illinois. Who'd a thunk it?
    A word of caution: there's a brother from Baton Rouge who is ****ed off that we are discussing the hurricane. He is inviting us down, but I think we have to get FEMA's permission and I REFUSE TO SELF-DISPATCH!
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member

Default Not out of the realm of possibility

IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

There is a major fault line that runs right through New England. $40 a year is damn cheap, considering the value of my home on the market!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by hoseheadmaps
    I would guarantee that the ins. co. is going to investigate that fire very very closely. Remember, they only need 51% of the evidence to prove arson and to deny your claim.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by parafire81
    George, no offense, but you do not work in the insurance industry. Why would I accept an opinion from you?
    See. This is what happens when you do no research and are completely uninformed. I have been retired from law enforcement for awhile. I work directly for a major US insurance carrier as a fire investigator in the SIU.

But keep on trying to pick those fights, buddy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firepics
    I saw someone on the news the other night looking for their compensation "just like those 9-11 families"
    The reason 9/11 families got compensation from the guvment was to keep them from suing the airline industry. It was thought that 3000 lawsuits would bankrupt the airlines.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by khallman
    The reason 9/11 families got compensation from the guvment was to keep them from suing the airline industry. It was thought that 3000 lawsuits would bankrupt the airlines.
    I don't think that was the reason. They could have passed legislation to achieve the same purpose.

MembersZone Subscriber

According to the interview of Feinberg on CBS, giving up the right to sue the airlines (and everyone else) was a big requirement to receive payment.

As far as New Orleans goes, maybe this is a good time to re-evaluate building this much high value real estate in such a precarious location. Galveston was well on the way to becoming a major port when it was wiped out, and Houston became a good alternative based on what was learned from that storm.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by khallman
    exactly it
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    I don't think that was the reason. They could have passed legislation to achieve the same purpose.
    ex post factos, you could not legislate away the right to sue AFTER the deed had been done.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

Default Saved again

Didn't know anyone wanted to sue Airlines regarding "9-11". I also didn't know the Fed saved the Airlines. It's sad that anyone thought there was someone to Sue, but good that the Industry was spared that.

MembersZone Subscriber

I think two things:

1. You are trying to take a very complex and detailed legal issue and summarize it in one sentence based on one TV interview.

2. This has nothing to do with the original intent of this thread.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefReason
    I live in Central Illinois and I have earthquake insurance. Apparently, we are on a "fault line" that runs through Illinois. Who'd a thunk it?
    A word of caution: there's a brother from Baton Rouge who is ****ed off that we are discussing the hurricane. He is inviting us down, but I think we have to get FEMA's permission and I REFUSE TO SELF-DISPATCH!
    CR
    Yes the New Madrid fault (vic of St Louis) is a BIG un. Makes San Andreas look piddly. And last be movement was in early 1800s. Supposedly rang church bells in Boston. When it moves again will be a significant emotional event for Il/Mo/Ky.

Disillusioned Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by neiowa
    Yes the New Madrid fault (vic of St Louis) is a BIG un. Makes San Andreas look piddly. And last be movement was in early 1800s. Supposedly rang church bells in Boston. When it moves again will be a significant emotional event for Il/Mo/Ky.
    The Mississippi ran backwards too, if I remember correctly...not that I was there.

We've had several tremors in my area (Southern Ohio) that were attributed to New Madrid activity over the last 20 years or so. Nothing big, but easily noticed when outside.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Thread Information