Beginning immediately under an expedited process, FEMA is hiring 15-20 Historic Preservation Specialists to work as part of FEMA's environmental and historic preservation cadre of reservists (Disaster Assistance Employees, or DAEs). This is on-call employment, but due to Hurricane Katrina, there are immediate needs for these specialists. I have attached a general job description with required knowledge, skills and abilities and job responsibilities while in the field. Under this position, we have various specialties, including archeologists, architectural historians, historic preservation trainers, preservation architects, Section 106 specialists, and tribal/cultural specialists.
Please note that FEMA employees may be subject to 24-hour on-call in the event of an emergency. This service may require irregular working hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee`s official position description. Selectee must be able to relocate to emergency sites with little advance notice and function under intense physical and mental stress.
If you are interested in applying for FEMA employment, please send your resume or application or Optional Application for Federal Employment (OF-612) OR any other written format to Fax number (540) 542-2484. Please feel to also let me know that you have submitted an application and I will do my best to keep track of where it is in the process.
The resume or application must contain:
1. Indication that you are seeking a position as a Disaster Assistance Employee in the Environmental and Historic Preservation Cadre as a Historic Preservation Specialist
2. Full name, mailing address, day and evening phone numbers, social security number, country of citizenship, branch and date of military service, if applicable;
3. High school name and location, date of diploma or highest grade completed, college name and location, majors, type and year of any degrees received;
4. Work experience that includes job titles, duties and accomplishments, employer`s name and address, supervisor`s name and phone number, starting and ending dates, hours per week and salary; and
5. List of other qualifications such as job related training courses, job related skills, job related certificates and job related honors, awards and special accomplishments.
Once applicants meet all general eligibility requirements, they will be forwarded to each of the 10 FEMA Regions, based on the home address of the applicant, for review and selection.
Angela R. Gladwell
Environmental /Historic Preservation
FEMA, Department of Homeland Security
500 C. St., SW Room 417
Washington, DC 20472
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Disaster Assistance Employees
09-12-2005, 09:27 PM #1
- Join Date
- Oct 2002
Disaster Assistance Employees
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Massicotte22 in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 35Last Post: 04-16-2006, 02:39 AM
By stm4710 in forum The Off Duty ForumsReplies: 20Last Post: 09-19-2005, 06:59 PM
By SANDSTROMJM in forum TerrorismReplies: 0Last Post: 10-04-2004, 11:48 AM
By captstanm1 in forum FloridaReplies: 0Last Post: 06-13-2003, 10:08 AM
By captstanm1 in forum FloridaReplies: 0Last Post: 05-19-2003, 03:14 PM