Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default myrtle beach fire department

Anyone ever take the myrtle beach fire department test? anyone can give details on it? and when they are hiring again? i know its the horry county fire department and they gave the test last december just wondering if they will give it again this year.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just FYI, the Horry County Fire Department and the Myrtle Beach Fire Department are two seperate entities. The city of MB is within the county of Horry(pronounced Oh-ree or whorey depending on your accent), so you might want to make sure your facts are straight if you want to get a job. As for HCFD, they are hiring quite frequently. They need fire medics as does everyone. As for MBFD, I have seen no advertisements for them since I moved away. What I have seen are advertisements for per diem medics/firefighters. I can not confirm but I have heard that they like to select FT hires from their PT and/or volunteer pool of applicants. Good luck in your search. I have attached links for you to view which you may find helpful.

http://www.cityofmyrtlebeach.com/firedept.html

http://www.horrycounty.org/depts/pubsafety/fire.html

MembersZone Subscriber

City of Myrtle Beach Fire Dept. has just opened for Firefighter. Applications need to be in by 11/21/2005. I tested earlier this year and the test was the national firefighter Entrance exam. Weather they use that again I'm not sure. The CPAT is the national firefighter one. You can check up on that online I'm sure. If you are still interested go to www.cityofmyrtlebeach.com and go to jobs. If you pass the written then you go to the CPAT and if you pass that then you get an interview all in a couple days. Thats the way it was the last few times I have taken the testing process. EMT not needed at time of application but is needed later on. Hope this helps and good luck if you go for it!! I'll write more as I find out more!
    Last edited by MFDLT327; 10-31-2005 at 09:02 PM.

Talking

I just got back from myrtle beach, i think it would be a cool department to work at.

Thread Information