Forum Member

Default Chicago Area Hiring?

Does anyone know of any departments in the Chicago-area that are going to be testing in the near future? Thanks!

MembersZone Subscriber

Not sure if any will be testing for a while, I do know that alot of them just had testing this spring and summer.
    To those whom much has been given, much shall be required.
    Chickens don't really exist....they are actually eggs with legs!

Forum Member
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by daysleeper47
    Does anyone know of any departments in the Chicago-area that are going to be testing in the near future? Thanks!
    I heard from someone who attended the high rise conference here last month ( Did anyone here go?) that commissioner trotter said he wanted to announce a new test this month (sept.) I haven't heard anything since then, but I know they have been pulling guys down to the academy to take some sort of mock test to help design the new entrance test.

MembersZone Subscriber
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

As of right now, I know that Midlothian, Romeoville, Homewood, and Hanover Park are planning tests in the immediate future.
    Last edited by jaybird210; 09-13-2005 at 12:28 PM.
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoFF
    I heard from someone who attended the high rise conference here last month ( Did anyone here go?) that commissioner trotter said he wanted to announce a new test this month (sept.) I haven't heard anything since then, but I know they have been pulling guys down to the academy to take some sort of mock test to help design the new entrance test.
    ChicagoFF,

Do you know if the city accepts apps from out of state guys? I have heard you must be a citizen of Chicago to apply, and I've also heard you don't have to be a citizen until you get appointed. Thanks.

Forum Member

The vast majority of suburban departments have at least some career personnel. There are a lot of suburbs check out this for a listing of most IAFF departments. There are quite a few non- IAFF and non-union departments to look at as well. But the AFFI site is a good statrting point. The city has required residency to apply in the past. I am curious if this will remain the case.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

there was a test at my school (College of DuPage) yesterday (9-12-05). I dont know what depts were testing. Normally if you check the COD webpage, www.cod.edu, and go to the fire science page you can find out when the next test is and who is testing.
    "Let's Roll." Todd Beamer 9/11 first soldier in the war on terror

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

I.A.C.O.J. Probie and darn proud of it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by erics99
    ChicagoFF,

Do you know if the city accepts apps from out of state guys? I have heard you must be a citizen of Chicago to apply, and I've also heard you don't have to be a citizen until you get appointed. Thanks.
    As far as I know you wont have to move until the day you start work. You would have to be here to take the test though - it's not an application process. I've also heard that 35 is the cutoff age this time. It's all rumors so far, but I'll see if anyone has heard anything.

MembersZone Subscriber

I took the test yesterday at COD for Lombard/Carol Stream....there were 5 other departments testing, but you needed to be an EMT-P for those, I'm only a basic..

Hanover park is hiring soon, they are looking for POC's, and EMT-P's.....EMT-B for POC, and full time must be FFII/PM

MembersZone Subscriber

not exactly Chicago area, but City of Freeport will be testing soon- orientation in October and physical agility in November.

Thread Information