Forum Member

Default A question about gear?

I have to order turnout gear and I am having problems with the size. I am 6'2" and mostly legs. The problem is I cant find the right fit partly because Im not 100% sure how they are supposed to fit. I wear my normal pants at like 34x34 or so but all the bunker pants that Im finding are short. A 30 inch inseam is the longest I can find with a waist size that comes close. The other problem that I am having is that the chest size that fits me is small in the sleeves should I order the bigger gear with less length or what should I do?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by paulokasey
    I have to order turnout gear and I am having problems with the size. I am 6'2" and mostly legs. The problem is I cant find the right fit partly because Im not 100% sure how they are supposed to fit. I wear my normal pants at like 34x34 or so but all the bunker pants that Im finding are short. A 30 inch inseam is the longest I can find with a waist size that comes close. The other problem that I am having is that the chest size that fits me is small in the sleeves should I order the bigger gear with less length or what should I do?
    Any reputable company can have you fit for custom turnout gear. You don't need to stick with a "standard" size. Talk to your vendor about getting custom measured gear so that it fits you appropriately.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

Agreed. Most gear manufacturers will measure you, and make gear to fit. I am 6' 1" and all shoulders, another member is 6' 4" with no shoulders, and knuckle dragger style arms, and our globe fits us perfectly. We also have mostly belly, and mostly butt members, one former member was 6' 8", 375 lbs., and asides from the Omar the tent maker surcharge for really big gear, they should be able to do it.
    There goes the neighborhood.

Thread Information