Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mayor Nagin stands up for his city by moving to dallas!

Would someone explain to me how this nimrod is planning to maintain his already failing image as the leader of New Orleans when he has bought a home in Dallas? Maybe this is the first step to his resignation?
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Disillusioned Subscriber Steamer's Avatar

Don't assume anything. He's a Louisiana politician, so expect the unexpected. Maybe he's concerned about his own liability after seeing charges filed against the nursing home owners for negligent homicide, and looking to "evacuate" when "his" storm hits.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

Default What? Bush Not Charged?

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer
    Don't assume anything. He's a Louisiana politician, so expect the unexpected. Maybe he's concerned about his own liability after seeing charges filed against the nursing home owners for negligent homicide, and looking to "evacuate" when "his" storm hits.
    Still early, but I can't believe the Bush Bashers aren't calling for him to be charged.
    After all, according to the anti-Bush camp, he is responsible for ALL of it.
    Come on; I know you're lurking. Get in here and blame Bush.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefReason
    Still early, but I can't believe the Bush Bashers aren't calling for him to be charged.
    CR
    Sean Penn wants President Bush brought up on 500 charges of negligent homicide
    When I get to hell
    The devil he will say
    "How'd you put my fires out?
    In just one day?"
    I lift my hose up higher and higher
    that's how I do it, I'm a firefighter!

These threads are turning more and more into something akin to two old women gossiping over the clothes line.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEYLIKESIT
    These threads are turning more and more into something akin to two old women gossiping over the clothes line.
    You tellin' me that I would look good in a skirt?
    Cr
    Visit www.iacoj.com

Default A Short Biography Of C. Ray Nagin

Biography
    Before his election, Nagin was a member of the Republican Party and had little political experience; he was a vice president and general manager at Cox Communications, a cable communications company and subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. Nagin did give contributions periodically to candidates, including President George W. Bush and former Republican U.S. Representative Billy Tauzin in 1999 and 2000, as well as to Democratic U.S. Senators John Breaux and J. Bennett Johnston earlier in the decade.

Days before filing for the New Orleans Mayoral race in February 2002, Nagin switched his party registration to the Democratic Party. Shortly before the primary election, an endorsement praising Nagin as a reformer by Gambit Magazine gave him crucial momentum that would carry through for the primary election and runoff. In the first round of the crowded mayoral election in February 2002, Nagin received first place with 29% of the vote, against such opponents as Police Chief Richard Pennington, State Senator Paulette Irons, City Councilman Troy Carter and others. In the runoff with Pennington in May 2002, Nagin won with 59% of the vote. His campaign was largely self-financed.

Shortly after taking office, Nagin launched an anti-corruption campaign within city government, which included crackdowns on the city's Taxicab Bureau and Utilities Department. Nagin also made a controversial endorsement of current Republican U.S. Representative Bobby Jindal in the 2003 Louisiana Gubernatorial Runoff over current Democratic Governor Kathleen Blanco, and only reluctantly endorsed U.S. Senator John Kerry in the 2004 Presidential race.

Nagin received a B.S. degree in accounting from Tuskegee University in 1978 and an M.B.A. degree from Tulane University in 1994. He and his wife, Seletha Smith Nagin, have three children: Jeremy, Jarin, and Tianna.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Sounds like a real left-winger to me. And thats a negative on the skirt.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Permanently Removed

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefReason
    CR

Chief I know you are waiting for me to do this, but I'm not going to. I don't think that anyone should be held legally accountable for a disaster, whether it was bumble****ed or not.

Now as far as having to answer some hard questions about it, absolutely, and I know this is going to shock some of you...this coming from me, but it is going to start with the chiefs of NO fire and police, move up to the mayor, NO/LA DHS, the governor of LA, FEMA, and all the way to Washington, the big man in charge.

Charging someone with negligent homicide though....let's be serious. The owners of a nursing home should be expected to evacuate it, but a city of 500,000 plus people...that's pushing it.

Chief, If you had 36 hours to evacuate every last soul in Peoria, do you think you could do it? I think you could pretty easily compare Peoria to NO, you have a large percentage (although maybe not a majority) of poor, black people. IF you had to get everyone out...do you think they would all willingly go? What if there was a chance that you gave the order prematurely and it ended up not being needed? I imagine that there'd be alot of people screaming for your head.

Quote Originally Posted by parafire81
    Now as far as having to answer some hard questions about it, absolutely, and I know this is going to shock some of you...this coming from me, but it is going to start with the chiefs of NO fire and police, move up to the mayor, NO/LA DHS, the governor of LA, FEMA, and all the way to Washington, the big man in charge.
    What do the police and fire cheif's have to do with it and how are they possibly the first ones you'd start with???? That order of questioning makes no sense. The only thing you'll hear from police and fire is that they probaby all want the mayor's head on a stake.

Permanently Removed

I would imagine that PD and FD have roles in the city's disaster plan (that would make sense after all) but I sure never saw them doing much during the evacuation, PD did some traffic control, but I never saw the FD out doing anything.

I would imagine that PD and FD have roles in the city's disaster plan (that would make sense after all) but I sure never saw them doing much during the evacuation, PD did some traffic control, but I never saw the FD out doing anything.
    Yeah, the FD should've been driving people out of town in their pumpers while the school buses sat (and still are sitting) in that lot. Then again, maybe they should've cut the block a few times so that you could see them and be comfortable in the thought that they must be doing something because you saw them.

But if you think about it, maybe they were making sure their people and equipment was prepared for going into action after the storm came through. That is my bet.

Do you have many hurricanes in Danville IA? No? Well, I just happen to work for an ocean front department in a very hurricane prone area. In fact our area just got a glancing blow from hurricane Ophelia. I may know a little of what I'm talking about here. What does my department do when a hurricane is approaching? We prepare our personnel and equipment for operations so that we are ready to respond when the winds die down to below 60mph. This would include moving our apparatus and personnel to more secure areas so that we would remain an effective firefighting and rescue force and not become victims ourselves. We are not involved in evacuations except in special circumstances (i.e. manpower to move patients and such). They are handled by the school district (shelters and buses), mass transit, our ambulances, and the police. Guess who coordinates this? Our local emergency management director. So that is where you need to start.

So just because you didn't see them doesn't mean they weren't doing their job.
    Last edited by IronsMan53; 09-15-2005 at 01:14 PM.
    I can't believe they actually pay me to do this!!!

One friend noted yesterday that a fire officer only carries a flashlight, sometimes prompting grumbling from firefighters who have to lug tools and hoses.
    "The old saying is you never know how heavy that flashlight can become," the friend said.
    -from a tragic story posted on firefighterclosecalls.com

Holy crap. Are you kidding me?????

Question

Where have you been Pal? Both Fire and Police in New Orleans were VERY visible. You must have not watched the same news shows that I was watching. Saw them each and every day on the news!

All Police and Fire Departments have major roles in any City's or Counties Emergency Operation Plan.
    OUTSTANDING

Make It Happen

Never forget 9-11-2001
    343 Brothers Who Were MURDERED!!

Chief I know you are waiting for me to do this, but I'm not going to. I don't think that anyone should be held legally accountable for a disaster, whether it was bumble****ed or not.

Charging someone with negligent homicide though....let's be serious. The owners of a nursing home should be expected to evacuate it, but a city of 500,000 plus people...that's pushing it.

Chief, If you had 36 hours to evacuate every last soul in Peoria, do you think you could do it? I think you could pretty easily compare Peoria to NO, you have a large percentage (although maybe not a majority) of poor, black people. IF you had to get everyone out...do you think they would all willingly go? What if there was a chance that you gave the order prematurely and it ended up not being needed? I imagine that there'd be alot of people screaming for your head.
    I don't live there; I work there. And I can tell you with certainty that I would successfully evacuate every one of our employees. That's because we have a company disaster plan and we practice it.
    But, I can tell you that the Peoria Fire Department is one of the finest departments in the Midwest. I am sure that they would execute their roles in an evacuation with precision and professionalism. And the police department is well respected in the ethnic areas of the community. If they give the order, I would bet that it would be followed, because Peoria cops with the help of Peoria Co./Tazewell Co. SWAT would get them out.
    Yeah; I think Peoria could do it in 36 hours and still have time to stop for donuts and coffee.
    And if it ended up not being needed? Well, then, it was a good practice, wasn't it?
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com

Are you really thinking about this stuff before you post it, or do you just enjoy the taste of your foot in your mouth?

Permanently Removed

Quote Originally Posted by allineedisu
    Where have you been Pal? Both Fire and Police in New Orleans were VERY visible. You must have not watched the same news shows that I was watching. Saw them each and every day on the news!

All Police and Fire Departments have major roles in any City's or Counties Emergency Operation Plan.
    Well, I was IN New Orleans DURING the evacuation. No need to watch it on the news...I WAS one of the evacuees. Didn't see one single fire truck assisting with the evacuation.

Sure they're present now....when I posted, I was referring to the evacuation process prior to landfall.

Well, I was IN New Orleans DURING the evacuation. No need to watch it on the news...I WAS one of the evacuees. Didn't see one single fire truck assisting with the evacuation.

Sure they're present now....when I posted, I was referring to the evacuation process prior to landfall.
    And like I said before: Just because you didn't see them in your overall limited view of the city and situation does not mean they weren't doing their job.

I really don't get you man.
    I can't believe they actually pay me to do this!!!

One friend noted yesterday that a fire officer only carries a flashlight, sometimes prompting grumbling from firefighters who have to lug tools and hoses.
    "The old saying is you never know how heavy that flashlight can become," the friend said.
    -from a tragic story posted on firefighterclosecalls.com

Yeah, I was there...that's the ticket...with my wife..Morgan Fairchild...

Thread Information