Forum Member

Default Glad Illinois isnt like Cali!!!

This has nothing to do with the fire service but its is kind of losely related. I am so glad Illinois isn't like California. I can't believe this goofy B**tard actually won this case.goofy california b**tard
    "Let's Roll." Todd Beamer 9/11 first soldier in the war on terror

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

I.A.C.O.J. Probie and darn proud of it.

MembersZone Subscriber

I am not an athiest by any means, but why should someone who does not believe in God be forced to say it?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BVFD1983
    I am not an athiest by any means, but why should someone who does not believe in God be forced to say it?
    by no means am i saying you have to say it but it shouldnt be removed completely. When i was in high school you didnt have to say the "under god" if you didnt want to and you didnt have to say the entire pledge if you didnt want to. I guess i dont see why we have to change something just for one person. When it isnt that big of a deal if it stays. Our entire country was founded on god so whats the big deal?

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

MembersZone Subscriber

Our entire country was founded on god so whats the big deal?
    Not to split hairs, Ox, but our country was founded on religious freedom. That would include religions that don't believe in a conventional God.
    For the record, I believe, but there have been oh so many threads on religion that have gotten real ugly.
    Let's hope the visitors that we get will play nice.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

MembersZone Subscriber

DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

Our pledge mentions God, our money mentions God, one of our great songs (God Bless America) mentions God. If they don't like God, don't say God. I wonder how many American citizens actually object to the "under God"? Probably not a very big percentage at all. Hey, for our part, most fire depts. have chaplins, don't they?
    This irks me.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Forum Member

i guess i dont know what his hang up is and why we have to change years of tradition because of a handful of people. I understand why we change tradition in the fire service because of safety and i have no problem but if he doesnt like it then dont say it. Dont make the 99% of other americans suffer. I dont mean to sound like im arguing but i just dont understand why we have to change for a very small minority.

CR, i completely undertand what your saying and i hope this doesnt seem like i dont respect you cause i have the utmost respect for you because you have been in the fire service for more years than i have been alive.
    Last edited by firefighterox; 09-15-2005 at 12:52 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

It says "In God we trust" on our money.

If you can't believe your money, who can you believe?

MembersZone Subscriber

DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefReason
    For the record, I believe, but there have been oh so many threads on religion that have gotten real ugly.
    Let's hope the visitors that we get will play nice.
    CR
    We know we won't get ugly about this. Just state our opinions and respect each other for it.
    Oh, Ox, don't give CR a bigger head than he already has.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Forum Member

I am only 18 and have only been in the fire service for about 3 years so i know i have much to learn from the veterans such as yourself and CR. As a young buck in a such a great business its part of my job to learn as much as possible from you guys that have experienced much more than I. It's part of the learning process.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterox
    I am only 18 and have only been in the fire service for about 3 years so i know i have much to learn from the veterans such as yourself and CR. As a young buck in a such a great business its part of my job to learn as much as possible from you guys that have experienced much more than I. It's part of the learning process.
    Boy I was really starting to wonder why the wind had shifted over here in Tampico. It went from out of the south to headed due east to ohio!
    Now I know why. someone was doing some major suck up!!!!!!!
    Just giving you a hard time Rox. It is a good humble attitude to have. I am going to have to remember this myself when I start in IN on Oct. 3
    To those whom much has been given, much shall be required.
    Chickens don't really exist....they are actually eggs with legs!

Forum Member

I'm not living there at the moment. I am off at school i am living just east of rochelle with my aunt. I dont know if i remembered to say congrats on the new job man. Aren't you going to miss the game preserve? You will have to come back sometime and take a look at our new tanker and maybe even our new Polaris Ranger (we want one of those too). Just dont remember where you came from and make us proud.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just dont remember where you came from and make us proud.
    HUH?????????

Forum Member

just remember your from illinois, as much as you want to you cant escape that fact. Dont do anything we wouldnt do.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

I could never forget where I came from. I love Il and all the Bro's and Sis's here. I am glad to be a flatlander and I always will be. At least I know I will alsways be welcome in the IL forums even though I will be a Hoosier.

Forum Member

who did you get hired by.....i forget....sorry man. I wish you the best of luck though and i hope the dept turns out to be a good one.

MembersZone Subscriber

Ok maybe something is screwy with my computer today but I can't read the article. WHAT HAPPENED? I'm assuming someone went to court and didn't want to swear on the bible because s/he doesn't believe in god, is this right? If not I'm not trying to stir up anything.
    An education is only wasted when the taught individual chooses not to recognize the value of the lesson.

Forum Member

that athiest from california filed another suit saying "under god" was unconstitutional therefore making the pledge is unconstitutional.

MembersZone Subscriber

Noblesville, Indiana.
    And from what I hear they area top notch dept.

Forum Member

I hope they are what they say they are.

MembersZone Subscriber

that athiest from california filed another suit saying "under god" was unconstitutional therefore making the pledge is unconstitutional.

Oh, God.
    An education is only wasted when the taught individual chooses not to recognize the value of the lesson.

**THIS SPACE FOR RENT**

Just another way to tie up the court systems with useless B.S. Suck it up and let it go.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrnea
    Boy I was really starting to wonder why the wind had shifted over here in Tampico. It went from out of the south to headed due east to ohio!
    Now I know why. someone was doing some major suck up!!!!!!!
    Just giving you a hard time Rox. It is a good humble attitude to have. I am going to have to remember this myself when I start in IN on Oct. 3
    i was looking through some old threads and tampico was more northwest of ohio

Thread Information