Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum Member

Up at Jefferson County Fire School last weekend,I saw a Honda minivan that was tricked out like a minipumper.
    Man,we were standing around hoping their tones would drop so we could asked most importantly"Why?".Was it someone's POV or was it a"practical"Chief's buggy brought to the school weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Firescueguy
    RedneckEMT, just read your post again...yeah, I noticed that too...she WAS reading a 1st Responder textbook...and OMG, the car!!!!
    who puts THAT many stickers on their car..and on a Beemer no less!!! I've known some big time whackers but I have never seen such LARGE stickers on a vehicle that size before...LOL...

I started to watch that movie, but then I got into a big fight with my wife because I left on a run the other night during "snuggle time..."

Just kidding. Didn't even know the thing was on. Now at least her character from this movie could splint the ankles she broke in "Misery".
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    --General James Mattis, USMC

MembersZone Subscriber dmleblanc's Avatar
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

I watched it, I thought it was alright. They didn't make it all sappy, it was actually pretty funny most of the time.....Come on, who couldn't relate to dropping the rescue dummy or falling all over yourself on your first couple of calls? "Rescue Randy is not a beanbag chair!" That was funny...

Or when on her very first call she tried to get a pulse and realized she didn't have her watch? Who hasn't been there?

It was a bit cheesy at times, and that over-the-top drill instructor guy was not like anyone I've ever met in EMS....but it was a pretty entertaining movie nonetheless.
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

My buddy, who I went trough EMT training with, saw this gem on Lifetime last week. He keeps telling me that I have to watch it. I don't have much time for TV. he actually looked up when it is supposed to run again. Probably not going to make much time for it, especially after reading all these reviews. So thanks for update date.
    Jim
    Firefighter/EMT
    IACOJ
    ftm-ptb-rfb-egh-ktf-dtrt!

September 11, 2001 - NEVER FORGET!

BETTER TO DIE ON YOUR FEET THAN LIVE ON YOUR KNEES!

Quote Originally Posted by Golzy12
    The only thing I've ever watched on lifetime was a movie about the first female firefighter in LA County, the movie sucked but it had it moments. The lady's chief made her cut her hair all short and she looked like a dude and cried about it, gotta love lifetime.

I saw that one a few months ago. I was flipping channels early one morning and came across it. I thought it was bad. Very bad. Trainwreck bad. One of those things you can't stop watching it is so bad. Thanks for bringing back the painful memories.
    We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering.

Forum Member

I sincerely doubut Ambulance Girl will do for Volunteer EMS, what Emergency! did for EMS as a profession. It was directed at the wrong generation.

I watched it, but I wasn't overly amused.

*Stats: Emergency! is thought to have brought thousands of people into EMS from the 1970's well into the 1980's.

As for her POV, I've never seen a POV with a SOL on the hood.. And I've seen some big whackers. I, myself am a whacker.. I've responded to the ambulance garage, in an ambulance... That is, I was driving my restored cadillac around when a call came in. "Only a true whacker owns an ambulance".

But then again, I don't have a big blue light or have my POV decked out in Stars of Life.
    Last edited by blueeighty88; 10-03-2005 at 11:27 PM.

Forum Member

There's a book called"Fighting Fire"by Caroline Paul(her sister Alexandra was on "Baywatch"if that interests you)and she tells about being a San Francisco woman firefighter,vegetarian and more socially concious than her peers if she says so herself.
    Good read,even if I don't agree with her politics.It takes all kinds to fill a firehouse,you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Golzy12
    The only thing I've ever watched on lifetime was a movie about the first female firefighter in LA County, the movie sucked but it had it moments. The lady's chief made her cut her hair all short and she looked like a dude and cried about it, gotta love lifetime.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JHR1985
    two things why I did not or would not watch it

#1: It has Kathy Bates

#2: Its on Lifetime
    We don't even get Lifetime... so those would be my 2 reasons as well.
    2005 Pontiac Wave 5 Hatch
    Pontiac... built for drivers

capfiremedic
    Firehouse.com Guest

Quote Originally Posted by blueeighty88
    As for her POV, I've never seen a POV with a SOL on the hood.. And I've seen some big whackers. I, myself am a whacker.. I've responded to the ambulance garage, in an ambulance... That is, I was driving my restored cadillac around when a call came in. "Only a true whacker owns an ambulance".
    Yer own Caddy, huh? Only thing I wonder is if yer old enought to have worked it... All kidding aside, happy to see another person that cares about the old rigs. Those Caddy's, Olds', and Buicks saved alot of lives.

Whacker? Not in my book... Would ya settle for "antique prevervationist and historian"?

Talking

One of the guys on my shift was talking about about a tv show he and his wife were watching....

It sounded a lot like what wifey was watching downstairs on what I call the "Lying, cheating, murder and mayhem newtork".. aka Lifetime....
    so I asked him what channel it was on....

"Lifetime"...

To which one of my firefighters, and female stated "you watch that crap"?

He hasn't lived it down since!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Thread Information