Forum Member

I sincerely doubut Ambulance Girl will do for Volunteer EMS, what Emergency! did for EMS as a profession. It was directed at the wrong generation.

I watched it, but I wasn't overly amused.

*Stats: Emergency! is thought to have brought thousands of people into EMS from the 1970's well into the 1980's.

As for her POV, I've never seen a POV with a SOL on the hood.. And I've seen some big whackers. I, myself am a whacker.. I've responded to the ambulance garage, in an ambulance... That is, I was driving my restored cadillac around when a call came in. "Only a true whacker owns an ambulance".

But then again, I don't have a big blue light or have my POV decked out in Stars of Life.
    Last edited by blueeighty88; 10-04-2005 at 12:27 AM.

Forum Member

There's a book called"Fighting Fire"by Caroline Paul(her sister Alexandra was on "Baywatch"if that interests you)and she tells about being a San Francisco woman firefighter,vegetarian and more socially concious than her peers if she says so herself.
    Good read,even if I don't agree with her politics.It takes all kinds to fill a firehouse,you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Golzy12
    The only thing I've ever watched on lifetime was a movie about the first female firefighter in LA County, the movie sucked but it had it moments. The lady's chief made her cut her hair all short and she looked like a dude and cried about it, gotta love lifetime.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JHR1985
    two things why I did not or would not watch it

#1: It has Kathy Bates

#2: Its on Lifetime
    We don't even get Lifetime... so those would be my 2 reasons as well.
    2005 Pontiac Wave 5 Hatch
    Pontiac... built for drivers

capfiremedic
    Firehouse.com Guest

Quote Originally Posted by blueeighty88
    As for her POV, I've never seen a POV with a SOL on the hood.. And I've seen some big whackers. I, myself am a whacker.. I've responded to the ambulance garage, in an ambulance... That is, I was driving my restored cadillac around when a call came in. "Only a true whacker owns an ambulance".
    Yer own Caddy, huh? Only thing I wonder is if yer old enought to have worked it... All kidding aside, happy to see another person that cares about the old rigs. Those Caddy's, Olds', and Buicks saved alot of lives.

Whacker? Not in my book... Would ya settle for "antique prevervationist and historian"?

Forum Member

Talking

One of the guys on my shift was talking about about a tv show he and his wife were watching....

It sounded a lot like what wifey was watching downstairs on what I call the "Lying, cheating, murder and mayhem newtork".. aka Lifetime....
    so I asked him what channel it was on....

"Lifetime"...

To which one of my firefighters, and female stated "you watch that crap"?

He hasn't lived it down since!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Thread Information