bosljeff
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Best FF I Books/Vids/Etc...

Probably a repost, but I couldn't find it.

Anyways. FFI study guide and/or test prep suggestions, titles, and so on would be appreciated.

In particular, there was a book advertised a couple of weeks ago in the marketplace section, it was almost elementary in nature with really simple drawings and it was advertised for its ability to simplify a lot of the skills with simple drawings, pictures and stuff. Kinda like FFI for dummies? Ideas?

Thanks for helping an aspiring FF.

bosljeff
    Firehouse.com Guest

By the way, the current FF I class I am in is using the 4e of Essentials of Firefighting, for what it's worth.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bosljeff
    Probably a repost, but I couldn't find it.

Anyways. FFI study guide and/or test prep suggestions, titles, and so on would be appreciated.

In particular, there was a book advertised a couple of weeks ago in the marketplace section, it was almost elementary in nature with really simple drawings and it was advertised for its ability to simplify a lot of the skills with simple drawings, pictures and stuff. Kinda like FFI for dummies? Ideas?

Thanks for helping an aspiring FF.
    As far as I know, IFSTA makes a study guide for all their books, but in all reality, just read the book in the assignments you've been given by your instructor, and if there is anything you get hung up on, spend some extra time there...other than that you'll be fine for your written. I passed mine with a 98 on lecture material alone, didn't read a single thing out of the book. But I don't condone that. Just what works for me.
    FF/NREMT-B

FTM-PTB!!

Brass does not equal brains.

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

bosljeff
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thanks.

I'm normally quite confident in my scholastic achievements, but we are transitioning between training officers, so classes have been a little..."off" i.e. I should just save the several hours, sit at home and study myself, but I still go.

I've hear that if you can pass the non-practical side of the EMT-B classes (written) the FF I is cake....?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bosljeff
    I'm normally quite confident in my scholastic achievements, but we are transitioning between training officers, so classes have been a little..."off" i.e. I should just save the several hours, sit at home and study myself, but I still go.
    You should go anyway, your still very green, as am I (to a lesser extent of course, the crustiness is beginning to build), even though I've been doing this for almost six years now, I am still learning day in and day out, from very large departments, as well as small and anything in-between. You can always pick up on somthing, no matter the topic.

I've hear that if you can pass the non-practical side of the EMT-B classes (written) the FF I is cake....?
    If your talking the National Registry, then yes, the FF1 exams in most states, provided they are based off of the IFSTA curriculum, are a bunny hill. Just don't overthink anything.
    FF/NREMT-B

FTM-PTB!!

Brass does not equal brains.

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Best Study Site

Well I take it you are learning from the Essentials Guide. If so look at a site called www.firenotes.com. It cost a couple bucks (under 10) to get a membership, but is worth more than any study guide I ever saw. It also has stuff on numerous other manuals by IFSTA.

Thread Information