Thread: The race card

Forum Member

Exclamation The race card

I recieved this article this morning, and agree:
    Subject: THE TRUTH

by Rabbi Aryeh Spero
    Posted Sep 7, 2005

In New Orleans, beginning Tuesday morning, August 30, I saw men in helicopters risking their lives to save stranded flood victims from rooftops. The rescuers were White, the stranded Black. I saw Caucasians navigating their small, private boats in violent, swirling, toxic floodwaters to find fellow citizens trapped in their houses. Those they saved were Black.

I saw Brotherhood. New York Congressman Charlie Rangel saw
    Racism.

Yes, there are Two Americas. One is the real America, where
    virtually every White person I know sends money, food or clothes to those in need now and in other crises -- regardless of color. This America is colorblind.

The other is the America fantasized and manufactured by Charlie Rangel, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, who constantly cry "racism!" even in situations where it does not exist, even when undeniable images illustrate love, compassion and concern.

These three men, together with today's NAACP, want to continue the notion of Racist America. It is their Mantra, their calling card. Their power, money, and continued media appearances depend on it.

Often, people caught up in accusing others of neglect and sin need to undergo their own personal introspection. They begin to think they alone inhabit the moral high ground. It is high time these men peered into their own hearts at the dark chamber that causes this unceasing labeling of their fellow Americans as racist." They may find in that chamber their own racism -- against Whites.

There is only one real America. Beginning Friday morning in Houston, thousands of regular citizens poured into the astrodome offering water, food, clean clothes, personal items, baby diapers and toys, love and even their homes to the evacuees who had been bused in from New Orleans. Most of the givers were White, most of those being helped were Black. But there was Jesse Jackson, busy on TV, accusing the country of not putting Blacks --i.e., him -- on some type of Commission he is demanding. Where was he early in the week? Not sweating with others from around the country who had scraped their last dollar to come help. With Jesse, it's always about Jesse.

After decades of hearing accusations from Jesse, Al, Charlie, the NAACP and certain elitists about how racist America is, it would have been refreshing to hear them for once give thanks to those they for years have been maligning. These self-anointed spokesmen for the Black community lead only when it comes to foisting guilt and condemnation, and not when it comes to acknowledging the good in those they have made a career in castigating.

As a Rabbi I have a message I wish to offer to my fellow members of the cloth, Reverends Jackson and Sharpton: It is time to do some soul searching. Your continued efforts to tear this country apart, even in light of the monumental goodness shown by your White brothers, is a sin.

There are no churches in the world like the American churches. And there are no better parishioners and members of churches anywhere in the world. These churches are saving the day. Their members -- infused by the special and singular teachings of our unique American Judeo-Christian understanding of the Bible -- are, at this moment, writing an historic chapter in giving, initiative, and selflessness

They are opening their homes to strangers. They are doing what government is incapable of doing.

America works because of its faith-based institutions. It always
    has. That is what makes it America.

So next time the ACLU tries to diminish and marginalizes the
    churches, saying there is no role for religion in American public life, that an impenetrable wall must be erected separating the citizens from their faith, cry out "Katrina."

Next time the ACLU goes to court asking that U.S. soldiers not be allowed to say Grace in the Mess Hall and that communities be forbidden from setting up a nativity scene, ask yourself: without the motivation of Goodness sourced in Faith, would people offer such sacrifice? Where else does this Brotherhood come from but the Bible which teaches "Thou Shall Love Thy Neighbor as Yourself."

I saw brotherhood on Fox News, where 24/7 reporters used their perch as a clearing-house for search-and-rescue missions and communication between the stranded and those in position to save. In contrast, the Old-line networks continued with their usual foolish, brain-numbing programming.

Those who always preach "compassion" chose profit over people.

The New York Times has utterly failed America. Its columnists
    could have used their talents and word skills to inspire and unite a nation. Columnists such as Frank Rich and Paul Krugman, however, revealed their true colors by evading their once-in-a-lifetime chance to help and instead chose to divide, condemn, and fuel the fires and poison the waters of Louisiana. In them, I saw no Brotherhood. The newspaper always preaching "compassion" verifies Shakespeare's "They protest too much."

Similar elitists here in the northeast and on the west coast have
    over the years expressed their view of the South as "sophisticated" and Texans as "cowboys." Well, the South has come through, especially Houston and other parts of Texas, hereas, as I write this on Labor Day, the limousine oralizers are lying on east and west coast beaches thinking they're doing their part by reading Times' editorials and calling George Bush "racist."

How sanctimonious life becomes when proving you are not a racist depends not on living in a truly integrated neighborhood, but by simply calling others racist.

Like so often in history, facts trump platitudes. Reality reigns.
    Those who always preach brotherhood, thus far have acted devoid of it.
    Those who for decades have been accused by elitists of not having compassion are the ones living it. They are: the churches, the military, and the sons and daughters of the South.eved this morning, I think it hits the point:

Permanently Removed

bush is a racist - he won't even watch a colored TV. good old Calypso Louis Farraken said whitie blow up the levies to kill the poor people. has he been hitting the pipe again.

Forum Member

This is way off topic...but here is one pointed question. The NAACP stands for the national association for the advancement of colored people...right? I wonder why african americans "plight" dominates the NAACP's stance...I mean red is a color right? If I am not mistaken Native Americans were "classified" as red men...right? I don't understand how the people of the NAACP fight for african american rights when Native Americans are in much worse shape, shortest life expectancy, hightest infant mortality rates...sorry, I have to rant, because I can't show any pity towards a group of people who claim they are being so "oppressed" when they aren't the worst off...I just had to get that out...I am sick and tired of hearing rich african americans claiming to be doing good for there communities when all they are doing is riding a dead horse...I feel even sicker of the fact that people actually pay these folks to run there mouth...rant off
    This we do so others may live

Forum Member

Default since we are on the race issue

I had to come here and vent a little. First off before anyone says anything, I am mexican. I just saw on the news on how Greyhound is not going to sell tickets to illegal immigrants, so now you have LULAC(=to mexican version of NAACP) saying that Greyhound is profiling and discrimanating against latinos. Give me a freakin break, you are here illegally. Dont get me wrong i am all for advancement but do it the correct way, not the lazy way. I hate when these groups ask for all these rights for people that are here illegally!!!! Or like the post above rich black people pretending to be like lower income minorities. If I recall I havent anything on the news about Sharpton or Farrakah going to NO to help and pull people out. Typical arm chair quaterbacks.. Man just had to release some frustration. Sorry if I posted this on the wrong section.

Forum Member

nomex0067...I would totally agree with you...and I respect your position. I am all for equality among all people (be it race, religion, sex, ect) but I am by no means ever going to endorse superiority...what these "black community leaders" are doing these days would make MLKjr puke non-stop for 3 days. I won't dispute anyone on the idea that there is racism in the united states...we try to discourage the practice and have come a long way...but now I see that the oppressors (historically white people) are now being asked to pay for the mistakes of generations before (affirmative action ring a bell). I better put the keyboard away now...I might get myself in trouble

Permanently Removed

Default from andy rooney - sixty minutes

Andy Rooney said on "60 Minutes" a few weeks back:

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...
    Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.
    Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?

I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the Law of Probability.
    I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours. I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry *** if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor.
    I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn't stop you from watching them.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better, and put your name on the building.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say "NO!"

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me French fries!

I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be "African-Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else.
    And if you don't like my point of view, tough...
    THEN DON'T PASS IT ON!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hoseheadmaps
    Andy Rooney said on "60 Minutes" a few weeks back:

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...
    Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.
    Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?

I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the Law of Probability.
    I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours. I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry *** if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor.
    I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn't stop you from watching them.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better, and put your name on the building.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say "NO!"

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me French fries!

I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be "African-Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else.
    And if you don't like my point of view, tough...
    THEN DON'T PASS IT ON!!
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney4.asp
    Andy Rooney never said that border line racist crap.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

MembersZone Subscriber

How on earth is that racist ?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Not buying the race card.

To hear the liberal Democrats, Farrahkan and Charlie Rangel, you would think that Bush conjerred up the forces of nature, because LA was a blue state.
    And THEN, kept the federal assistance on hold for a few days.
    These people make me sick.
    They need to get a real job.
    Or, just get real.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member

What was quoted as being said on 60 minutes sounds very similar to something robin williams said a little while ago...and I totally agree. We have enough problems with feeding our poor, and people keeping jobs, why do we offer breaks for people from other countries to come in and steal american jobs. I have the hardest time in finding a small bit of logic in that sort of thinking. If I had any say on the issue of immigration, which I doubt I ever will, I would just say the borders are closed, for a minimum of 5 years so we can get things straightened out for the people who are already here. Another thing that comes to mind in that quote that sorta ticks me off...racial profiles, I mean the color of someone's skin is an identifier, just like the color of your hair. In days of old, yeah, skin color could make you a target, and thats true today...except now white is a targeted color (compare a white male getting into college and getting scholarships as to a black female)...I have said it before and I will say it again...a group of people (be it race, religion, sex, ect) should not be expected to pay for the mistakes of there ancestory...I mean I don't hate all white people (being that I am native american) because of what general custer did (or whoever you want to say here)...its time to get over it, just plain get over it, don't expect a free ride on the race card express...

Forum Member

I can not find the news link to the article that I was refering to. It was on NBC5i in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. If I find it on the web I will post it. It gets on my nerves when people always use race,sex and religion to yell "I am being discriminated against due to....." Get over it!! There is discrimination but sometimes this is brought on by themselves by stupidity(not race, sex or religion etc..)

Joe FF/Paramedic

Forum Member

Since I am on my rant. They also did a article yesterday where they interviewed several "evacuees" that were being housed at the Dallas Jail(not sure if county or city). These people were complaing of the living conditions that they were having to put up with. Can you believe this!!!! The newsman asked one of the persons being interviewed "what would you say to those viewing that are saying "Dallas is trying to help you out in your time of need by providing you shelter". You want to know her reply, "if this is what Dallas has to offer they should of just left me in New Orleans". I swear some people you will never make happy. They showed video of the jail, it was clean and people were staying 4 to a room, were as if you were at Reunion arena you are sharing a place with thousands. Its not a Hilton but at least I would be greatful to have somewhere to stay. People like this just **** me off. I better stop now before I get yelled at,lol..

Take care out there.
    Joe FF/Paramedic

Forum Member

Default Jailhouse Blues???

I'm for helping everyone needing help, or wanting help of course. That's why I'm in this business. I am not happy with anyone that expects everyone else to help them...but I'm gonna help as it's right to do so. They have to answer for their own attitudes.

But when I hear about the complainers, having a secure shelter at a "jail" facility...I want to quickly swap them for the evacuees we have in our other Sites, that are causing all the problems. These "victims" of nature I refer to are requiring a constant Police/Fire presence in a few locations. This week, a few had to removed from a local hotel, due to the mayhem.

Thread Information