MembersZone Subscriber

Default Reassignments for Rita

Got a call from our 2-man "clerical team" in Baton Rouge this morning. They're being reassigned from Community Relations to Operations today. Getting gear issued along with a 4 wheel drive vehicle and heading up an 8 man team that will be deployed for initial damage assessment where ever Rita makes landfall.

They sounded pretty stoked. We did not get any indication of how many groups will be reassigned. Not sure when we'll hear from them again, but i'll update when we learn more.
    earl

MembersZone Subscriber

Looks like FEMA might be heading in the right direction.
    Jeremy Quist
    Chief
    LVFD
    Laurel, NE

Not the end of the earth, but you can see clods falling off from here.

**THIS SPACE FOR RENT**

Quote Originally Posted by lenny91
    Looks like FEMA might be heading in the right direction.
    Yup, that's what happens when you put a firefighter in charge of FEMA

Forum Member

Default How do you get reassigned??

I am part of a two person FF team along with about 15 other people that were sent to the Maryland National Processing Service Center to answer phones. We were told in Orlando, FL that there was a great need for help up here and the decision was pretty much volunteer or go home. We volunteered and we have been sitting around for a week waiting for the phones to ring. IF ANYONE KNOWS WHO TO CONTACT TO GET ANOTHER ASSIGNMENT, PLEASE E-MAIL OR CALL ME. sean.devine@pierrefiredept.org--832-851-3476 or 605-280-4232 Thanks.

Forum Member

Default Reassigned

It's more a case of when they're "your" assets (and IF you recognize them, haha) it's easier to re-deploy them.

Forum Member

Default Report From Austin Texas

My friend (who had to move from Louisiana after Katrina) left Houston at 0800 on Thursday. It took 27 hours to make it to Austin. The problem of course was gridlock and running out of gas. The State did do a good job of getting fuel to stranded people. Austin is sunny and warm. I am in contact with a friend in Baton Rouge who said they are getting roughed up. Louisiana seems to have taken the brunt once again. Texas seems to have there act together pretty well.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Thread Information