MembersZone Subscriber

Default Questions for Colorado FFs/Paramedics

I have some questions for CO FF/Paramedics if anyone could email me please. Thanks,
    David
    FL FF/Paramedic

davo455@aol.com

MembersZone Subscriber

wanted to keep this active....anyone out there able to help a FL FF/Paramedic interested in CO?

MembersZone Subscriber

I may be able to help you with some questions. Ask your questions on the board, so others may benefit from them. Also, putting your email address on a public forum is a bad idea, it is a great way to get spam. There are computer programs that just scan public forums all day for email addresses for spamming.

If I can't answer the question, I can probably direct you to an answer.

Eric

Forum Member

Default Medic Jobs?

Hey I am going to be getting my NREMT-I/99 next fall and am looking to move to Colorado that winter/early spring. I am planning a visit this winter with my family and I am looking to talk to a few medics out there...Im not honed in yet on one specific town/county. but being from Maryland where everything is county Fire based EMS, I am a bit lost. Any advice/links would be great. I have already googled and just went in circles.

Katie

Forum Member

Exclamation Sheridan Fire Department, Colorado

The Sheridan Fire Department application period for Reserve Firefighter is open. Please return City application and certification copies by 12-31-2006. Please feel free to contact Lieutenant Mike Blanco for more information. 303-762-2222. City of Sheridan c/o Fire Department 4101 S. Federal Blvd. Sheridan , CO 80110.

Sheridan hires from the volunteer and reserve firefighters. The department will be looking to put on a few more full time firefighters in the furture, due to new development in the city.

Good Luck,

Greg

Forum Member

If you are National Registry all you need to do is apply to the State of Colorado and I believe you will need to take a practical but I could be wrong on that. If you do not have NR then it gets messy. I will post a link below for you but it would be best for you to contact the state EMS office for information.
    It depends on the county you work in but some have a probationary period under the Physician Advisor until they are satisfied that you can perform to your level of certification.
    Be aware that our state can be very, very slow at processing applications so prepare well in advance of when you will need the active certification. It is not uncommon for it to take up to 3 months for a renewal.

http://www.cdphe.state.co.us/em/cert...ion/index.html

Thread Information