Thread: More Comments

Forum Member

Default More Comments

At the risk of appearing vincictive or of settling or rehashing a career-vollie grudge, I'd like to suggest that all the members of the forums take a second or two and analyze the advice they're giving and taking on these message boards.

Several colleagues and I have noticed the trend, and this BVFD1983 character has stepped on his d!ck more than once. We called him on it publicly. We got our d!cks slapped for haranguing and berating the guy (gal?). Well, so be it. My colleagues and I don't need to prove anything to anyone, but so the rest of you guys, especially young guys out there just getting into the job, don't believe everything everyone on these boards tells you. Sometimes there is way too much B.S. and too little truth in what a guy says, and there's no way to know for sure. Well here's some proof to back up this theory of ours---if it looks like B.S. and smells like B.S., it's probably B.S.:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    on May 12 2003 at 5:08am, BVFD wrote:

"South Pekin and Morton got nailed hard. Multiple houses were destroyed, and at least a few were found dead.
    We were really hoping they would call us for aid... but they didn't"

What were you hoping to be called out for? Bodies hanging from tree limbs? Cars upside down on a baby's crib? Are you so starved for attention that the glory-boy syndrome has overtaken your common sense and compassion? This job is, and should remain, about helping people in need, not wishing for disasters, fires and train wrecks so you can turn on your blue light and play with your siren, genius. Oh, and, by the way, as for the 'a few were found dead' comment, you're wrong about that. There were no tornado deaths anywhere in Illinois in 2003.

see the true tornado death statistics for Illinois in 2003 at:
    http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ilx/2003tornadoes.htm

For all you Department Heads and Chiefs out there, is the following post better filed under youthful enthusiasm, or a deep pile of bull*****, or the "shut your mouth before you get us all in trouble" file?

on May 24 2004 at 4:52pm, BVFD wrote:

"We have had our one-ton rescue past buried (85) but I am not sure what the limit is on the others."

How many of you would ride with an idiot like this? How many of you will honestly sit there and say he's justified, I did't answer the call he was on, I've got it in for him? You're right, I do have it in for him...any 'brother' of mine that brags about doing something ridiculous, and who endangers my other 'brothers,' my wife and kids, or me while doing it, needs kicked off the department. 85 mph in a squad car is ridiculous, but in a one-ton? How fast does this guy drive his department's 42,000 pound Engine company?

Are any of you guys out there going to step up and admit that you know the type of character this guy is? That you have one on your department, paid or vollie? That you're going to acknowledge his driving, or his wrecklessness, or his pompousness is going to get him or someone else hurt? Because if you don't, you're as complicite in the ongoing problems of the fire service today as the guy behind the wheel.

I've been in the fire service almost longer than BVFD1983 has been on the planet, and I still feel like a rookie, learning something from someone every single day I go to work. Back where I come from, we have a name for loud-mouth know-it-alls like this....

skcurterif

MembersZone Subscriber

Who are you?

MembersZone Subscriber

DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

You didn't sound vindictive, but we agreed to drop this whole thing. So, let's drop it.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

MembersZone Subscriber
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

Quote Originally Posted by skcurterif
    At the risk of appearing vincictive or of settling or rehashing a career-vollie grudge, I'd like to suggest that all the members of the forums take a second or two and analyze the advice they're giving and taking on these message boards.

Several colleagues and I have noticed the trend, and this BVFD1983 character has stepped on his d!ck more than once. We called him on it publicly. We got our d!cks slapped for haranguing and berating the guy (gal?). Well, so be it. My colleagues and I don't need to prove anything to anyone, but so the rest of you guys, especially young guys out there just getting into the job, don't believe everything everyone on these boards tells you. Sometimes there is way too much B.S. and too little truth in what a guy says, and there's no way to know for sure. Well here's some proof to back up this theory of ours---if it looks like B.S. and smells like B.S., it's probably B.S.:

on May 12 2003 at 5:08am, BVFD wrote:

"South Pekin and Morton got nailed hard. Multiple houses were destroyed, and at least a few were found dead.
    We were really hoping they would call us for aid... but they didn't"

What were you hoping to be called out for? Bodies hanging from tree limbs? Cars upside down on a baby's crib? Are you so starved for attention that the glory-boy syndrome has overtaken your common sense and compassion? This job is, and should remain, about helping people in need, not wishing for disasters, fires and train wrecks so you can turn on your blue light and play with your siren, genius. Oh, and, by the way, as for the 'a few were found dead' comment, you're wrong about that. There were no tornado deaths anywhere in Illinois in 2003.

see the true tornado death statistics for Illinois in 2003 at:
    http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ilx/2003tornadoes.htm

For all you Department Heads and Chiefs out there, is the following post better filed under youthful enthusiasm, or a deep pile of bull*****, or the "shut your mouth before you get us all in trouble" file?

on May 24 2004 at 4:52pm, BVFD wrote:

"We have had our one-ton rescue past buried (85) but I am not sure what the limit is on the others."

How many of you would ride with an idiot like this? How many of you will honestly sit there and say he's justified, I did't answer the call he was on, I've got it in for him? You're right, I do have it in for him...any 'brother' of mine that brags about doing something ridiculous, and who endangers my other 'brothers,' my wife and kids, or me while doing it, needs kicked off the department. 85 mph in a squad car is ridiculous, but in a one-ton? How fast does this guy drive his department's 42,000 pound Engine company?

Are any of you guys out there going to step up and admit that you know the type of character this guy is? That you have one on your department, paid or vollie? That you're going to acknowledge his driving, or his wrecklessness, or his pompousness is going to get him or someone else hurt? Because if you don't, you're as complicite in the ongoing problems of the fire service today as the guy behind the wheel.

I've been in the fire service almost longer than BVFD1983 has been on the planet, and I still feel like a rookie, learning something from someone every single day I go to work. Back where I come from, we have a name for loud-mouth know-it-alls like this....

skcurterif

Dude, what is up your *****? We're not kissing BVFD's ***, but you and your little friend keep coming in here and stirring up trouble. One of the posts you have quoted is OVER TWO YEARS OLD. The other one is over a year old. As for the posts regarding his driving, okay, that is over the top. But where did you find that stuff? The explorer forums? He didn't post it here.

If he's as young as you say he is, how do you know he's driving? How do you know he's driving his department's engine? If you've got so much trouble with this guy, why don't you try talking to his chief, instead of poking around here like you're the firefighter protection police?

Yeah, I'll step up, as you said. I know that type of character. We've had them here; when they show up, we deal with them. I still haven't seen anything from BVFD that justifies that kind of character assasination that you and your buddy keep pulling off here.

The WebTeam has stated before that they will not tolerate personal attacks, so your post and those of your counterpart will be duly reported. For guests, that's pretty ballsy.

Back where I come from, we have a name for loud-mouth know-it-alls like this....
    Me too, and let me tell you, friend, you're fitting the bill so far....
    Last edited by jaybird210; 09-26-2005 at 01:26 PM.
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Several colleagues? There is you and that other guy. I would gladly like to hear from the other "colleagues".
    You have a lot of nerve. You won't even register your personal stuff in a profile, because you DON'T want us to know anything about you or who you are. If you are from the Peoria metro area and on a full time fire department, then you don't need to say anymore. There is history with the volunteer departments that surround that area of the state. I am very aware of the acrimony that exists.
    Pull my profile up. I stand behind the information that is there. I stand behind every post that I have ever made.
    What I find is B.S. is what you are trowelling here.
    "Guest" isn't the word that comes to my mind.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    jaybird210 said:
    Dude, what is up your *****? We're not kissing BVFD's ***, but you and your little friend keep coming in here and stirring up trouble. One of the posts you have quoted is OVER TWO YEARS OLD. The other one is over a year old. As for the posts regarding his driving, okay, that is over the top. But where did you find that stuff? The explorer forums? He didn't post it here.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

for Jaybird210: Yes, he most certainly did post it here. Everything I've quoted was found on these boards, in this forum. It's called research. Does the age or longevity of an untruth, no matter it's intention, make it any less an untruth?

for CR: With all due respect, because you indeed have a much higher caliber of reason and intellect with your posts: What, Peoria is the only paid department in Central Illinois?

And yes, I will continue to remain anonymous...my discretion and respect for many others on my department insist that I do. But if I've gotten any of you to scrutinize the posts of others, or any of your own, and to simply not take everything at face value, to look a little deeper, than I'm satisfied. I never meant it to be a personal attack---as I posted earlier, I don't even truly know the gender of the individual. But I do know this: If I was that person's officer on a machine, or chief of their department, they'd shape up or learn to hate me.

This opaque cloak that many in the fire service wear may fool the public, and it obviously fools many of you. But I've been on long enough to know a line when I hear it....Like my dad always told me: You can't push a chain.

Lead by doing.

skcurterif

MembersZone Subscriber

I will admit that when I made some of those posts I had only been in the fire service for a few months. The post I made was, in some people's eyes, a mistake. I removed it. End of story.

I went from a wreckless teenager to someone who strives to follow and enforce every rule in the book. Most of you guys were probably loud mouth rookies at one time, let it go...
    Last edited by BVFD1983; 09-27-2005 at 02:07 AM.
    FTM - PTB

MembersZone Subscriber

"What were you hoping to be called out for? Bodies hanging from tree limbs? Cars upside down on a baby's crib? Are you so starved for attention that the glory-boy syndrome has overtaken your common sense and compassion? This job is, and should remain, about helping people in need, not wishing for disasters, fires and train wrecks so you can turn on your blue light and play with your siren, genius. Oh, and, by the way, as for the 'a few were found dead' comment, you're wrong about that. There were no tornado deaths anywhere in Illinois in 2003."

I do not have a blue light, they are worthless and for whackers...

On the deaths: I was just guessing based on the carnage shown on TV.

There are people everywhere who run around wishing for "good" calls, but I am no longer one of them.

I grew up and got over that stage. Maybe you should grow up and drop this topic.
    FTM - PTB

MembersZone Subscriber

"How many of you would ride with an idiot like this? How many of you will honestly sit there and say he's justified, I did't answer the call he was on, I've got it in for him? You're right, I do have it in for him...any 'brother' of mine that brags about doing something ridiculous, and who endangers my other 'brothers,' my wife and kids, or me while doing it, needs kicked off the department. 85 mph in a squad car is ridiculous, but in a one-ton? How fast does this guy drive his department's 42,000 pound Engine company?

Are any of you guys out there going to step up and admit that you know the type of character this guy is? That you have one on your department, paid or vollie? That you're going to acknowledge his driving, or his wrecklessness, or his pompousness is going to get him or someone else hurt? Because if you don't, you're as complicite in the ongoing problems of the fire service today as the guy behind the wheel. "

I was not the one driving the rescue when (late 2002) it was going that fast.

I am not wreckless. I like to slow down and look at the big picture, unlike some others in the fire service be it paid or volunteer.

The bottom line is I am in the public safety sector for the same reason most people are: I love it.

So you "have it in for me?" I thought 'brothers' were suppose to be on the same side, not bashing each other.

It is sad to see someone with as much experience as you claim to have acting so childish.
    FTM - PTB

MembersZone Subscriber
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

But I do know this: If I was that person's officer on a machine, or chief of their department, they'd shape up or learn to hate me.
    Exactly. And if I was his officer, I would resent the hell out of you telling me how to handle my troups.

for Jaybird210: Yes, he most certainly did post it here. Everything I've quoted was found on these boards, in this forum. It's called research. Does the age or longevity of an untruth, no matter it's intention, make it any less an untruth?
    No, it doesn't make it any less of an untruth. But people grow and muture; it's called living. I feel really impressed by you that you've never made any mistakes, and feel compelled to dwell on those that have. Yep, if you were my officer, I would hate you.
    Furthermore, it speaks volumes about you that you have to dig back 12-24 months to find dirt on somebody that you clearly have a personal hard-on for....

Lead by doing.
    Take your own advice.
    Last edited by jaybird210; 09-27-2005 at 09:33 AM.
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Forum Member

Time to close this post.

MembersZone Subscriber

What, Peoria is the only paid department in Central Illinois?
    No; it is the biggest. You also have East Peoria, Morton and Pekin. Galesburg a little farther west.
    But I figured Bartonville may have reason to mutual aid with Pekin, Peoria or East Peoria in some instances. Not sure how your MABAS is set up.
    But, I am curious. Has something come up RECENTLY that has you upset with BVFD or are you setting the record straight from over a year ago?
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

MembersZone Subscriber

Why not just delete these pointless threads? WEB TEAM???
    FTM - PTB

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't know if its just me but I still have no idea what this is all about.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default my 2 cents...

I am sure most have seen this...but just in case. After reading this whole post, it seemed oddly appropriate.

DJ
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information