Forum Member

Dude, I don't know where you are from and really don't care. Take your toys and go home.
    YGBSM!
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

If all you have is a hammer, then your problems start to look like nails.

IACOJ
    Southern Division.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by spearsm
    Dude, I don't know where you are from and really don't care. Take your toys and go home.
    Huh? Who/What are you talking about?
    -Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Adversity: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

-Despair: Its always darkest before it goes Pitch Black.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Illinois Mabas Group

Well maybe he met some real "idiots" when he was down there in New Orleans, but here is what I will say. Being in the fire service for about 14 years I have met a variety of people, some "clowns" some real winners that "think" that they know everything. What I will say is that out of all the FDNY brothers I met, I was only snubbed by a few. Most were respectful and knew what the job was that had to be done. After talking with a FDNY Chief he explained it like this:

"everyone has cowboys in the fire service, and after 9/11 and more hiring by the FDNY, they all have something to prove"

Now right or wrong we all have the department horses butt, however we have them in Illinois also, along with about every other state in the Union. What I will say is that I met alot of nice FDNY, New Orleans, Maryland brothers while on deployment, and I also witnessed some "bad" behavior by others besides those from New York, some from our very own Illinois contingent.

What would be the solution? In my eyes this was a missed opportunity of training to all, if we would have intergrated our guys with, FDNY, New Orleans, Maryland, ect. we all would have been better firefighters and came away with not only the feeling of helping our brothers, but learning, and meeting some good friends.

In regards to the Illinois contingent, all I can say is that it was a pleasure working with the Chicago, Lisle Woodridge, Downers Grove, Naperville, Cherry Valley, North Park and others, but the Illinois Top Dogs (not Chief Hoff or Chief Brooks who were outstanding) need to learn how utilize paid on call, volunteer, and full time and treat everyone equally and fairly.

Fire does not have the capability of knowing the difference, but training does.

MembersZone Subscriber

FDNY employs the population of a large city in the ranks of its department. In any large group of people there are sure to be a number of scumbags... What do you expect? That everyone of the hundreds, thousands of FF's in NY are going to be what everyone of us expects a FF to be? Thats preposterous.

Not to say that there aren't great people in FDNY, I'm sure the vast majority are, but if there can be a few sh*theads in my 17 man department, how many are you going to find in departments that compare to FDNY?

Forum Member

not to split hairs, fostah, but I do believe FDNY has like 14,000 or so uniformed members...is that a somewhat accurate number? Even so, out here in the great PNW, you need 30,000 citizens to be labeled as a city. a small city at that. Maybe you know something I dont...FDNY has over 30,000 on its payroll?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by seabas
    not to split hairs, fostah, but I do believe FDNY has like 14,000 or so uniformed members...is that a somewhat accurate number? Even so, out here in the great PNW, you need 30,000 citizens to be labeled as a city. a small city at that. Maybe you know something I dont...FDNY has over 30,000 on its payroll?

OK... so not exactly a small city... but a hell of a lot larger than any other department on the East Coast...

Also... what the hell is a "Mutt"?

Forum Member

Default Rcostain Lieutenant/emt

First Of All!

After The Courage Displayed On 9-11 How In The "hell"
    Can You Use The Name Asorryfdny? You My Friend, Are A "sorryexcuseforaman"! I Agree With Everyone Else. Dont Run Your Jibbs If You Cant Sign Your Ral Name. I Myself Did Not Go Down South So I Cant Say What Really Happened Down There But If You Ask Me, I Am Sure Glad That There Was Such An Outpoor Of Support For Our Brothers In The South.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SamsonFCDES
    Huh? Who/What are you talking about?
    Not you Samson. I was talking to asorryfdny.
    YGBSM!
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

If all you have is a hammer, then your problems start to look like nails.

IACOJ
    Southern Division.

Thread Information