Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Member

Default "Rescue Me" The New Orleans Reality Show

I was sitting down at lunch 3 days after Katrina hit. Fox news was talking about FDNY going down to N.O. I said to my self and the rest of the guys thatís great that they are sending down all of those guys. They know how it feels. Thatís what makes the USA so great, in a time of need we all work together. A day later watching CNN I hear a reporter calling FDNY the greatest Fire Department in the world. I said ok thats just stupid. We all are great from the vol. up the "full-time". About a week later I start hearing from the friends of mine that they are doing good. It was very hot, the work was hard and the guys from FDNY are not the greatest. Stories of breaking in to stores for cigarettes and beer. Wrecking NOFD fire trucks. No respect for the other out of state FF's, NOFD and the city. I guess they thought they where at home. Is that something to be proud of? I wouldn't be. We are all brothers and in a time of need you help your brothers. Now I'm not saying all FDNY FF's are that way I'm sure most are not but with FF's acting that way how can you be called "The Greatest Fire Department in the World" Maybe "Rescue MeĒ is closer to real then we thought.

FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Sounds like a "Who do they think they are?" story.

MembersZone Subscriber

asorryfdny,

First if you are going to make accusations such as the ones you have leveled here in an open forum...be a man and have some b@lls and ether post under your real name (in lieu of creating a name only intended to flame others) or register a normal name.

If not your BS rummors and complaints fall on deaf ears...you should perhaps have a nice glass of STFU if you are going to make second hand accusations about some half truths you heard about. There is a saying on the job here..."Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see.

It must be real tough hiding behind that name while shooting your mouth off. Sounds like your bitterness has gotten the best of you.

I and many others know what really happened down there including how "other" FDs operated and behaved. While I'm sure we had some knuckleheads..your Dept. no doubt had many as well. I'm not going to drag their names through the mud...and neither should you.

FTM-PTB

(You apparently don't even understand the meaning of the closing you've chosen for the bottom of your post...you clown.)
    Last edited by FFFRED; 09-27-2005 at 06:50 AM.

My cousin's ex-wife knew a guy who had a brother that said that he met a guy from FDNY that was mean!

We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Eyewitness reply

I think the one thing we all need to think about is that OVERALL, all the brothers were down there for the right reason and every group down there had a few degenerates, it comes with the territory. Being one of the guys who spent 2 weeks there made me truly realize what a great thing we are able to do for our country. Being home now... I dont think about the bad things I saw, I met some great guys from all over the country, and those are the memories that will NOT be replaced.

MembersZone Subscriber StLRes2cue's Avatar

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by asorryfdny
    I was sitting down at lunch 3 days after Katrina hit. Fox news was talking about FDNY going down to N.O. I said to my self and the rest of the guys thatís great that they are sending down all of those guys. They know how it feels. Thatís what makes the USA so great, in a time of need we all work together. A day later watching CNN I hear a reporter calling FDNY the greatest Fire Department in the world. I said ok thats just stupid. We all are great from the vol. up the "full-time". About a week later I start hearing from the friends of mine that they are doing good. It was very hot, the work was hard and the guys from FDNY are not the greatest. Stories of breaking in to stores for cigarettes and beer. Wrecking NOFD fire trucks. No respect for the other out of state FF's, NOFD and the city. I guess they thought they where at home. Is that something to be proud of? I wouldn't be. We are all brothers and in a time of need you help your brothers. Now I'm not saying all FDNY FF's are that way I'm sure most are not but with FF's acting that way how can you be called "The Greatest Fire Department in the World" Maybe "Rescue MeĒ is closer to real then we thought.

FTM-PTB

What a ****-poor post.

Perhaps instead of trying to bash the FDNY guys, you could spend your time in a more productive manner... like learning how to formulate a decent paragraph.

After your done with sixth grade english, go figure out what "FTM-PTB" REALLY means.

Forum Member

You know I should have phased it as a question. Like I said I'm sure most of the guys are great.

I have also heard these stories but they are just stories. It's like that old game where people pass stories to each other until they find out how different it is at the last person. I'm sure each time it got told someone added their own little drama to it.

Like the previous post said, I'm sure there were knuckleheads but what department doesn't have knuckleheads. I don't think it's an FDNY thing, it's a guy thing. When you put 800 guys together a couple aren't gonna like each other. I don't care if it's FDNY or podunk nebraska....I have the utmost respect for every guy that does this job. If we don't stick together than we've lost one of our greatest fire service assets. Brotherhood!

Forum Member

Default Storytime?

Hmmm, I have only seen that reported herein and not in the news. We know that some in our forces do pick up things at some scenes. It's bound to happen with this many personnel in different places.

True each of us know who in our Department needs someone to watch them at all times, haha.

Fred, please unblock your private message box...
    Remember KQJ943

.......I'm sure most are not but with FF's acting that way how can you be called "The Greatest Fire Department in the World" Maybe "Rescue MeĒ is closer to real then we thought.

FTM-PTB

Put down your crack pipe....and show who you are.......if you are going to make accusations.....be a man and show your yourself.......even if this is REMOTELY true....it represents less than .1% of the FDNY.

...show yourself....and then tell your story....don't jump on the band wagon and sh*t on the memory over 1000 members who gave the supreme sacrafice....(2 of which are family to me......)......
    Last edited by VinnieB; 10-01-2005 at 12:57 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doo600
    I have also heard these stories but they are just stories. It's like that old game where people pass stories to each other until they find out how different it is at the last person. I'm sure each time it got told someone added their own little drama to it.

Like the previous post said, I'm sure there were knuckleheads but what department doesn't have knuckleheads. I don't think it's an FDNY thing, it's a guy thing. When you put 800 guys together a couple aren't gonna like each other. I don't care if it's FDNY or podunk nebraska....I have the utmost respect for every guy that does this job. If we don't stick together than we've lost one of our greatest fire service assets. Brotherhood!

Hey, I resent that "podunk Nebraska" comment.

But then only a true Nebraskan would use the word "podunk."

Stories of breaking in to stores for cigarettes and beer. Wrecking NOFD fire trucks. No respect for the other out of state FF's, NOFD and the city. FTM-PTB

Stories... I just got back and heard none of the things you allegedly heard. Yes, there was an accident with 8 Engine NOFD. If you say it was intentional then stop taking those drugs and get the truth from someone that was there. We are guest of The New Orleans Fire Department. All FDNY personnel know this. So don't spread rumors. Oh by the way
    FTM-PTB
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by StLRes2cue
    After your done with sixth grade english, go figure out what "FTM-PTB" REALLY means.
    Uhhh .......... what does it mean? Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoFF
    Uhhh .......... what does it mean? Seriously.
    FTM-PTB
    FU@K THE MUTTS - PROTECT THE BROTHERS
    Last edited by E40FDNYL35; 10-01-2005 at 06:01 PM.
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

I was wondering what that meant also. and is there a story behind it.?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by E40FDNYL35
    FTM-PTB
    FU@K THE MUTTS - PROTECT THE BROTHERS
    Thanks for the answer
    Also, what the hell is a taxpayer????

Thanks for the answer
    A 1 to 2 story store....its called that b/c they funded the towns tax base....

Thanks for the answer
    TAXPAYERS-- There is no legal description of the term taxpayer as used in the FDNY. It's meaning is derived from the practice of real estate investors who, while holding parcels of land for speculation, constructed cheap buildings that could house multiple tenants. The rent collected would be used to pay the taxes on the land. This type of building commonly houses multiple commercial tenants. Outside of New York City the closest comparison I've seen are buildings called strip malls. Modern taxpayers are not constructed so cheaply but they do contain some of the inherent dangers of their older counterparts. For example: little or no fire stopping between subdivisions over the ceiling, common cellars or cocklofts that run the length of the building, etc.
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40

Charleston 9

Seeing that asorryfdny posted the motto of the FOOLS, and he fits exceptionally well into the category of a mutt, will he use "protection" when he attempts the physically impossible?
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Thread Information