Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default LA City is now Testing Monthly!

100's Of Firefighters to be Hired!

LA City will conduct back to back academies until they hire at least 250 new firefighters. Since one hundred percent of your score to get hired for LA City is in the oral board itís time to get ready! Just a point or two one way or the other will make the difference in you going forward in the hiring process. Your goal is to score high enough in your oral board so when you leave the interview room they will hand you a background packet.

The next test is scheduled for October 22, 2005. You can find out more about the LA City testing process here: http://www.lacity.org/per/Safety.htm

The LA City information states that if you fail the any step of the process you can't be eligible to take the again for another 2 years. You want to be ready for every step of the testing process the first time out.

Iíve talked to many of our candidates have scored high enough to go forward in the hiring process. Some had few if any previous oral board experience. At first their buddies with far more credentials, experience, paramedic and years of testing didn't believe them. Then they were angry because it wasn't them going forward. What ever happened to that "Good Luck to All stuff?"

One candidate wrote: Hey Captain Bob!
    I am 24, and have been trying to get this far since for about two and a half years.I just took my oral for Los Angeles City. When I came out of my oral THEY HANDED ME MY BACKGROUND PACKET! (Which got me teary eyed when I got to my truck). By the way the confidence from your postings made me feel years ahead of everyone there, well that and the new underwear! Thanks to the tips and all from you and Rob.

Youíre going to love this:

The only guy that did intimidate me at the interview as far as competition ran into the bathroom when I was checking the bottom of my shoes and my hair and threw up. So after that I felt pretty good about it. Keith

WAIT! Before you apply by filling out the Preliminary Background Application (PBQ) first read this and the other tips on the LA City Hiring Process here: http://eatstress.com/la_city_test.htm

How to Apply to LA City: http://www.lacity.org/per/psb/lafd_applyHow.htm
    Last edited by CaptBob; 09-26-2005 at 07:30 PM. Reason: update
    ______________________________ _______________

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Thread Information