MembersZone Subscriber

Default Still have a chance?

DJ's will make it official, but if I understand correctly you usually receive the 10 questions weeks before the offfcial notice. If there are only 5 rounds left and you have yet to hear anything, are you realistically still in the running?

A quick thank you to all of you for the valuable advice offered to help us that are new at the grant writing process.

Good luck, everyone.

Forum Member

At this point it's hard telling. My dept is in the same boat... no DJ and no questions...... keeping our fingers crossed

FH Mag/.com Contributor

They are still on track to award everything by Oct 31st, so if they take a minimum of 2 weeks to send the questions and 1199As to make sure they get them back in time, the best guess I have is that all denials and prenotifications will go out on or before Oct 15th.

The first 13,000 DJs will be those that didn't make Peer Review. The 2nd round, those that got in, but didn't get out. Kinda like a Roach Motel for grant applications I guess. Then it's back to the drawing board.

Don't forget to start early and often for 2006, the PG won't change that much.

Forum Member

Question without questions?

has anyone ever been awarded without first receiving the infamous 10 questions?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Nope, it's against the rules. One of the big questions is asking whether or not you'd accept the award if they gave it to you. (Yes, people have turned them down.) And they need to verify banking information, so they can't award anything until they have all of the answers they need.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Nope, not that either. Well, not on purpose anyway. We did have a typo that resulted in a notification being given to someone that wasn't supposed to be this year, but I don't count that. No one has been given the prenotifications on purpose, then not awarded if they said they still wanted the money.

MembersZone Subscriber

brian I am aware of one department in TX ( 7-points I believe) that got questions and 1199A and then did not get their grant last year, and I spoke directly with FPS on it and he said they were just adjusting their paperwork and would recieve their grant within 2 weeks but, that is the ONLY one I have ever seen.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
    Well the good news is we got a call from Senator Schumers office last night, we should be official on Friday We got our questions August 31.
    Hmm, 10Q's at the end of August, and you get awarded this week. I think it's safe to say those of us holding our breath are done for. I'll still keep hoping till the DJ's come out, but I think now the writing is on the wall.

Just my .02
    Last edited by ENG5TRK; 09-29-2005 at 08:15 PM.

Thread Information