Forum Member

Default Frozen Grant Money??

Hello,

I heard a rumor throught the fire industry that some of the grant funds already awarded have been frozen due to the devastation in the gulf coast.

Has anyone else heard anything like this?

Thanks for your help.
    Chris

MembersZone Subscriber

Forum Member

Thanks for the help. firehouse.com is a great resource of information.

Thanks,
    Chris

MembersZone Subscriber

Those sales people....gotta think of some way to make ya hurry and spend it...LOL.

MembersZone Subscriber

Absolutely 100% false rumor. NO GRANT MONEY FOR 2005 IS FROZEN!
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Angry Still hearing the "Frozen Grant Money" rumor

Quote Originally Posted by dixiechicknc
    Those sales people....gotta think of some way to make ya hurry and spend it...LOL.
    Last week, toward the end of the bidding process for our new tender, one of the manufacturers told us that DHS/FEMA/AFG was calling all of the 2005 apparatus winners and asking if they had entered into a contract yet...and if not, their grant would be frozen for about 1 year until more money became available. The manufacturer went on to suggest that we would be best off telling FEMA that we had already signed a contract...(even if we hadn't yet...since FEMA probably wouldn't look any further than a phone call).

I HATE RUMORS! If we all just put forth a little effort to confirm stories before we pass them on, or at least preface by saying "This may just be a rumor, but I heard that....", rumors would die quickly and be less harmful.

Wolf

MembersZone Subscriber

Its just a ploy to get you to sign the contract!

MembersZone Subscriber

You know manufacturers like that should just shut their doors and blow away. Creating panic in the marketplace is just not an ethical, or good way, to do business. If they would lie to you about that, what else are they lying to you about?

Please share the name of this manufacturer with us so we can all steer clear of them. Someone should contact the CEO for that company and have that salesperson's head on a platter for lunch!

Outrageous!
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf8552
    Last week, toward the end of the bidding process for our new tender, one of the manufacturers told us that DHS/FEMA/AFG was calling all of the 2005 apparatus winners and asking if they had entered into a contract yet...and if not, their grant would be frozen for about 1 year until more money became available. The manufacturer went on to suggest that we would be best off telling FEMA that we had already signed a contract...(even if we hadn't yet...since FEMA probably wouldn't look any further than a phone call).

I HATE RUMORS! If we all just put forth a little effort to confirm stories before we pass them on, or at least preface by saying "This may just be a rumor, but I heard that....", rumors would die quickly and be less harmful.

Wolf
    Wolf,
    My home department was awarded a Tanker first round, and we just went through a bid process, I was surprised at some of the things the sales people tried to tell the Chief or different people they spoke with at the FD. Some of the info they even tried to claim was 'factual' about fellow competitors, which is pretty appalling to me, and certainly didn't win them any 'brownie points' during the process.

I guess there are people and FDs that fall for their lines, or believe what line they are selling...Maybe those Departments don't have a computer or access to the forums?

Forum Member

Default I feel lucky!!

Man do I feel lucky after reading this thread! We are in the process of bidding on a new brush / first response min-pumper and it has been fairly painless. We have decided on a Rosenbauer with a Central body. We are dealing with Advantech in Midvale, OH and Scott (the sales rep) has been absolutely terrific to deal with.
    Scott has made himself available pretty much 24 hours/day and has been a straight shooter from day one about everything. He even extended our response time on the quote when we made one small change on the spec....there was none of the usual "hurry up and sign a contract" crap that it sounds like a lot of the reps are pulling...
    If anyone has any other questions about the truck or our dealings with the dealers/manufacturers we've dealt with drop me an email @ TimCollins42@aol.com.

Thread Information