Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Lets Go Sabres!!!!!!!!!
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Well, when you Detroit boys get down eating that crow, pass it over here, I guess it's my turn

If I had a beer I'd be crying in it

The Flames have flickered out and have joined the Dead Wings, they can hang out on the Dead Mile in Calgary together

What's up with all the top seeded teams getting knocked off in the first round this year?

Thanks for showing up for the last two games, Calgary .....

So I guess it's GO OILERS GO!

How freakin' sad is that! LFMAO!

I'm convinced the hockey gods got ****ed off when everyone started talking about a Battle of Alberta after Edmonton won, as if it was already fact. Dumbasses jinxed my Flames!!!!!! LOL

*SIGH*
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Default OUCH! That's gotta hurt!

Some of the talk here is that the regular season is to long and doesn't really mean that much. I'm still in denial, so I have to wait for acceptance until I can think clearly.

What's up with all the top seeded teams getting knocked off in the first round this year?
    Just goes to show the only purpose of the regular season is to see who gets the chance to continue. Other than that, it means NOTHING. They'd be better off just pulling the rankings from a hat.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Quote Originally Posted by RspctFrmCalgary
    Well, when you Detroit boys get down eating that crow, pass it over here, I guess it's my turn

If I had a beer I'd be crying in it

The Flames have flickered out and have joined the Dead Wings, they can hang out on the Dead Mile in Calgary together

Thanks for showing up for the last two games, Calgary .....

So I guess it's GO OILERS GO!

How freakin' sad is that! LFMAO!

I'm convinced the hockey gods got ****ed off when everyone started talking about a Battle of Alberta after Edmonton won, as if it was already fact. Dumbasses jinxed my Flames!!!!!! LOL

*SIGH*
    I'm still in mourning...........
    9/11/01 Never forget Never forgive

Dusty, working on Crusty IACOJ

Welcome to my world. No re-match from the 04 finals. At least you still had most of the same team. This new CBA/salery cap gutted my Bolt's.

Anyway, what was up with the Flames last night? They looked like crap. The Ducks were all over them from the opening faceoff. Everything on the line and they were never in that game.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Lynn, ya wanna drown your sorrows with me? LOL

Dave, I hear ya man! I don't even think they had ONE good chance on goal last night. Never seen such a pitiful performance before. Even worse than the game before. I know kudos have to be given to the Ducks, but to tell you the truth, I didn't think they played spectacularly or anything. Sure, they played their game, but they didn't do anything all that exciting. In my opinion, it isn't that the Ducks won, more that the Flames LOST the game by not showing up. Can't even blame it on the penalties this time.

And Bonesy, you are absolutely right! And you aren't the first to say it, nor will you be the last. I think it gets mentioned every season.

Oh well, life will go on.

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Lynn, ya wanna drown your sorrows with me? LOL

Dave, I hear ya man! I don't even think they had ONE good chance on goal last night. Never seen such a pitiful performance before. Even worse than the game before. I know kudos have to be given to the Ducks, but to tell you the truth, I didn't think they played spectacularly or anything. Sure, they played their game, but they didn't do anything all that exciting. In my opinion, it isn't that the Ducks won, more that the Flames LOST the game by not showing up. Can't even blame it on the penalties this time.

And Bonesy, you are absolutely right! And you aren't the first to say it, nor will you be the last. I think it gets mentioned every season.

Oh well, life will go on.
    One word of advise Sheri, The Flames will be back. The hardest lesson to learn is how to win the big one and I've seen so many times where teams come close only to fall apart the next year, then come back and win it all. If I was in Vegas when they post the early odds, you would probably get a pretty good return on a bet on the Flames for 2007.

You heard it here first.

GO OILERS GO!!!!

Yeah, I'm not worried about my Flames. Just a minor hiccup

Did you stay up to watch all three OT's last night? I didn't! LOL

Hopefully that will give the Oilers the spark they need ... what strange happenings around the league during these playoffs

Buffalo?? SJ??? Anaheim?? sheesh No Ottawa, No Colorado, who's in the other series ... oh yeah, NJ and um Carolina? Can you tell I haven't paid much attention since the Flames got bumped? LOL

Sens need to win tonight.

Oh who cares, Survivor's on tonight

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Hey manofire, did you get tickets to any of these Oiler games?

Managed to catch the 3rd period tonight. Didn't know it was going to start so bloody early. Here it is not even 8pm Pacific and the game is over

But hey, wooohoo Oilers! Must be the couple of drinks I had, was that out loud?! hehehe

Bye bye Avs, what the heck happened there??

I heard the Sens won last night too. Only care because they're Canadian. Rather go for the Oilers for the Cup than the Sens though.

Haven't seen any of the Eastern games, so I have no idea how anyone is playing, except from the results.

If I had to, at this point I'd say it appears to be Buffalo/Anaheim in the finals.

Weird.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Better take a picture, you won't hear (see) me say this too often ...

GO OILERS GO!!!

I must say, there have already been 2 questionable penalties called against Edmonton, and it's early in the game. I hope that a game like this won't be decided by bad reffing.

Promises to be an exciting game, either way! Action-packed for sure!

Hey manofire, where the heck are ya?

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Just got home from the bar and everything is oilright.

Great game, great fans, great result.

Also great to see the huge ovation geven the US anthem before the game. That's the way it should be.

HELLO??!! CAN YOU HEAR ME???

I doubt it, because the roar from Edmonton is SO LOUD it can be heard all the way in Victoria!!!

Oh, bummer, as I was typing this the Ducks finally scored ....

BUT HOLY CRAP!!!! YOU'RE IN OIL COUNTRY NOW BOYS! 3 goals in 2 minutes .... SWEEEEET!!!!

Oh, did I mention I'm firmly on the Oiler's bandwagon. Hey, I'm allowed! I was a long long long-time Oiler's fan, and like I said before ... if it can't be my FLAMES, the Oilers are the next best thing!!!!

soooooooooo

GO OILERS GO!!!

*whispers* SWEEP SWEEP SWEEP! (maybe?)

***** Ducks just scored again

Either way, this is SOME KINDA HOCKEY!!

Hey manofire? You at the bar again? hehehe
    Last edited by RspctFrmCalgary; 05-23-2006 at 10:33 PM.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Gonna be a nail-biter to the end, I see!

4-3 now.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

[QUOTE=

Hey manofire? You at the bar again? hehehe[/QUOTE]

Not this time, I'm too old to go out on a Tuesday night, saving it up for Thursday. Got my broom ready to sweep up all the feathers.

Ducks just can't fly with oil on their wings.

GO OILERS GO!!!!!!!

Came across this poll while I was checking some info regarding a letter I'm proofing at work ....

Who are you cheering for at this point in the NHL playoffs?

Buffalo 12%
    Carolina 7%
    Edmonton 78%
    Anaheim 3%

Total Votes for this Question: 3934

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/Jun...95325-sun.html

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

I'm sticking with the Sabres right to the end. Good game last night...AWESOME second period. Our defensemen, however are dropping like flies!! That Oilers game the other night was a WAR....haven't seen bodies flying around like that in a long time. If the Oilers can keep it up, whoever plays them, Buffalo or Carolina, will have their hands full....like walking into a buzz saw.

GO SABRES!!
    In Arduis Fidelis
    Faithful in Adversity

Quote Originally Posted by TCFire
    I'm sticking with the Sabres right to the end. Good game last night...AWESOME second period. Our defensemen, however are dropping like flies!! That Oilers game the other night was a WAR....haven't seen bodies flying around like that in a long time. If the Oilers can keep it up, whoever plays them, Buffalo or Carolina, will have their hands full....like walking into a buzz saw.

GO SABRES!!
    Lets GO Buffalo!

Awsome game last night! Thought I was going to have to give out sedatives to some of the guys at the station during the last half of the 3rd period. Couple of guys from my station actually got tickets to the game last night, I didnt find out how much fun they had, but I am sure it was LOUD.

Lets GO Buffalo!
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Forum Member

In a perfect world, Edmonton will complete their sweep of the Ducks tonight and Buffalo will take Carolina in 7, giving the Oilers a chance to get a bit of a rest heading into the finals.

Bottom line is that I'm hoping for the 2 "Northern" teams to meet for the cup. It just doesn't seem right to play the Stanley Cup anywhere that doesn't get snow.

GO OILERS GO!!!!!

Oilers In 6

Thread Information