MembersZone Subscriber

Default Spend our 10% before award?

I know I saw something on this before but I tried a search and came up empty. Our department put in for a AFG grant this year for SCBA's PPE and Radios. We have not heard a peep yet and we are really needing to get some new turnouts. Is it ok to use the 10% match money we have set aside to purchase some gear? If we do this will it hurt anything in the paperwork? Sorry if this has been answered before, but I appreciate any input anyone can provide! Keep up the great work everyone we really appreciate it!

MembersZone Subscriber

The Program Guidance is pretty clear that purchases prior to award will not count except for a few dire, desperate circumstances. Somebody will be able to quote the PG or provide a link to a prior thread.

We seem to be a little over three weeks to the end, so hang in there.

earl

MembersZone Subscriber

Page 32 of the PG states:

"(5) Pre-award Costs:Generally, grantees cannot use grant funds to pay for
    products and services contracted for, or purchased prior to, the effective date of the grant. However, expenses incurred after the application deadline but prior to award may be eligible for reimbursement if the expenses were justified, unavoidable, consistent with the grant ís scope of work, and specifically approved by us. We will consider requests for reimbursement for pre-award costs on a case-by-case basis. '

FH Mag/.com Contributor

They have made exceptions for PPE and SCBA that I know of. Which makes sense, they can't quite preach FF safety being a priority and then deny a known awardee trying to do what they can to keep their people safe. Call your FGS and give them the low-down, they'll bend over backwards for people as long as it doesn't cross the magic line.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Portion of Money

Brian,

What portion ,if any, can we get on the AFG for Pumper award. I have been told everything and I thought I knew the answer but I can't find it.

Elwood

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Up to 50% of the federal monies can be used for a deposit when awarded a truck. It was in one of the other threads, can't remember which one.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jake2415
    We have not heard a peep yet and we are really needing to get some new turnouts. Is it ok to use the 10% match money we have set aside to purchase some gear? If we do this will it hurt anything in the paperwork? Sorry if this has been answered before, but I appreciate any input anyone can provide! Keep up the great work everyone we really appreciate it!

to me if you havent heard a peep,gotten the 10 questions or 1199a then i would hold off because you are not for sure that you are going to even get the award...hope you do but you know how it goes.....

Thread Information