Forum Member

Default Conversion Van Advice and sales question.

I currently have a 1996 Chevy G10 Discovery Conversion Van.

I just sat down and figured out that it would take about $2300 to get all the stuff fixed inside and out to sell it (very good shape)

That would sell at about 7900-8800. But with an investment of 2300 the proffit would only be about 5600-6500 which you cant get a good decent car at that price. I want to get a car that gets better gas mileage and is not as expensive to maintain. I currently get 14-15.4 city and 16.5-17.5 highway. Not great but it is better than alot of what is on the road today. Has 58,000 miles on it.

I hatched another plan, customize it.
    Sell the Tv,vcr,and rear motorized couch/bed.

And put a partition just behind the captains chairs to section off the rear of the van to create more cargo room.

The quesiton is should I invest, fix and sell it and get a crapy car or customize it for my needs and use it for the next 5-8 years.

The other question is, anyone that is in the auto sales / body shop industry. What can i get for a nice motorized couch/bed?
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Forum Member

Default bump...............

Bump.................
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Forum Member

ANOTHER BUMP 1669 chevy van, 60,000 miles.
    I have gotten the figures, 1750 to fix the van. Could get 7500-8500 for it.

Should I sell it and get something else, or customize?
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMikey
    ANOTHER BUMP 1669 chevy van, 60,000 miles.
    ?

Those ( 1669 ) chevies are very rare, and would be worth more in original condition. LMAO

Sorry cap, I coundn't resist.

Actually, besides wateing your time, you probably won't accomplish much by playing around with it. Just like landscaping your home, the real estate value won't change much. If you sell it private sale, leave the repairs alone, and at the most, use them as bargaining chips for the sale. You know they'll try to beat you down anyway, and you can say ok, but you take it as is.

If you plan to trade it in to a dealer, they won't give you more for fixing it, or at least not as much as it costs to fix it up. They want the new car sale so bad, they don't usually even check out the trade like they used to. Before getting into a used rig, check on new cars. There are more and more incentives coming out( 0% financing is a biggy ), and you can sometimes get into a new rig for not much more than used. IMHO
    There goes the neighborhood.

Thread Information