Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Run Reports

Forum Member

Default Run Reports

I was wondering if another Volunteer Department could lend us their "Fire Run Report" file, so we can alter it to fit our vol. department.

Right now, we only enter Time-Date-Type of run-Run Number-Location..

We ARE IN BAD shape when it comes to a good way to LOG each run..
    We need a little help..
    Thanks!
    skyywarn@yahoo.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Tried to send you ours, wouldn't go through.
    Email me.

Could you send me one??

jhoffman358@yahoo.com
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber

Can't get it to load.

MembersZone Subscriber dmleblanc's Avatar
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

E-mailed ours to you, hope you got it....it prints out as 2 pages but we normally print it front and back of 1 page.

Now that's our Incident Report that we mostly use to gather information at the scene of fire incidents. We don't fill that one out for all calls. Back at the station we have a "Callout Attendance Log" that is filled out for every call...I'll see if I can find that one for you....
    Last edited by dmleblanc; 10-11-2005 at 03:43 PM.
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Nope, got kicked back "undeliverable"...sorry
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey PVFD -

Email me @ JaredMTFD@yahoo.com

I'll hook you up.

- Jared

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dmleblanc
    Nope, got kicked back "undeliverable"...sorry
    How are you sending it? Yahoo may have some limitations on word files and or size. It may need to be sent as a PDF file.
    Warm Regards,
    Shawn Stoner
    EMT-B

dmleblanc,

Could you please send me one as well?
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Sitting in my chair, listening to the scanner while the young kids respond

Default Question

Why are you not using NFIRS for all runs? It's easy to do with the software available. You should be reporting every run to the state who should be sending them to the feds.

The police got their act together years ago with the uniform crime reporting system. Time for the fire service to do the same.

We can't state with any certainty how many fire departments, how many firefighters or how many calls we respond to in this country. In today's world their is no excuse for any department not using NFIRS.

Stay safe,

Pete
    Pete Sinclair
    Hartford, MI
    IACOJ (Retired Division)

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pete892
    Why are you not using NFIRS for all runs? It's easy to do with the software available. You should be reporting every run to the state who should be sending them to the feds.

The police got their act together years ago with the uniform crime reporting system. Time for the fire service to do the same.

We can't state with any certainty how many fire departments, how many firefighters or how many calls we respond to in this country. In today's world their is no excuse for any department not using NFIRS.

Stay safe,

Pete

We do use NIFIRS and everyone else should too. We started out keeping blank NFIRS forms in the clipboard. Too complicated and too many codes for most incidents. We don’t have so many fires that we forget if it was a single story or multi-story, or what floor the fire started on. The Assistant Chief does all of the NFIRS reports. If he has a question he usually just calls whoever had command.

Our sheet is for collecting the basic information and who responded to the call.

Forum Member

I sent what we do for our "quick report" then everything is entered into firehouse software.

Quote Originally Posted by SSTONER
    How are you sending it? Yahoo may have some limitations on word files and or size. It may need to be sent as a PDF file.
    It's just a regular Word document.....not a big file, shouldn't be a problem....I'll try again.....

RFRDxplorer.....I'll send it to you too.
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville, LA

— C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Better yet...

This report has most of the basic information you'll need for your NFIRS report, in a more field-usable format than the blank NFIRS.......You can figure out what code to apply when you enter the NFIRS in the computer.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dmleblanc; 10-16-2005 at 08:31 PM.
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville, LA

— C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

BUMP....I know somebody was looking for this....
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville, LA

— C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Thanks Chief,

Wasn't looking for it, but have used it to modify the one that we have been using. We are now using one sheet for use on all calls. Have added separate sheets for fire/mva and medical. All together they help us fill out our software based fire incident reports. I was planning on doing this from scratch, but your sheet saved me a load of time. Thanks again.
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

MembersZone Subscriber

I agree with the use of NFIRS for ALL runs. There has been discussion about how unreliable and contradictory fire stats are, depending on what agency is collecting them. HOwever, there is a database of reported criminal activity published that includes information from UCR, which is subscribed to by an overwhelming majority of law enforcement agencies. When we go to the table with issues like funding, one of the major obstacles we have to overcome is the lack of a true picture of the fire problem in the US. The reason for this is FD's thinking they have valid reasons not to use NFIRS. They don't.

Any incident report should also include a narrative section that is filled out for every call. Sometimes it would be one sentence long. But trust me, there will come a day in court, either civil or criminal, either as a defendant or on the State's side, that you will be glad that you did.

the one we use at our firehouse was developed by a guy on our first aid squad, he also made the program for the other fire dept in town as well as the police department, and also makes something for the state police. his product info is here: its a really great program: http://www.bkinnovations.com/

Thread Information