Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Angry Drunk needs lid to prevent spills!

A Southern Kentucky man is in jail for filling a toddler's sippy cup with alcohol!

Police say the 18-month old was at a babysitter's home when she drank from the whiskey-filled sippy cup. Police say 23-year-old John Boone chose the sippy cup to put alcohol in when he couldn't find anything else with a lid.

"Alcohol was placed in the sippy cup Friday afternoon, the gentleman, Mr. boone was going to take it home with him Friday afternoon but he forgot and left it in the refrigerator. Someone else comes in on Sunday afternoon, not knowing that the alcohol was in the sippy cup and gives it to the child, not knowing that it wasn't a beverage for a child, " said Trooper Dwaine Barnett with the Kentucky State Police.

Boone is charged with wanton endangerment. The babysitter, Kathryn Miller, was not charged.

The toddler has been released from Kosair Children's Hosptial in Louisville.
    Always a day late and a dollar short!

Hillbilly Irish!

I have to admit that it sounds pretty friggin' lame.

It will probably never be seen in court. I mean what is the evidence to support any sort of intent?
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Why would you just dump an unknown cup of unknown substance down a baby's throat? Sounds like he needs a new babysitter rather than to be arrested.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

So let me get this straight. You don't think it should be safe for a babysitter to assume that something in a child's sippy cup is safe for them? Not too many people I know (wait, make that none) store dangerous chemicals in sippy cups in the fridge.

Forum Member

Wanton endangerment....sounds like somthing the police would charge you with, when not eating chinese correctly..
    FF/NREMT-B

FTM-PTB!!

Brass does not equal brains.

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default A sippy-cup, maybe, but...

who keeps whiskey in the refrigerator?

Still looking for Waldo. Have you seen him?

Quote Originally Posted by WebFire
    So let me get this straight. You don't think it should be safe for a babysitter to assume that something in a child's sippy cup is safe for them? Not too many people I know (wait, make that none) store dangerous chemicals in sippy cups in the fridge.
    10-4! I'm getting the impression that nobody here has kids. My son always has a sippy cup in the fridge. Not once have I come home from work and wanted some liquor - so I look in his sippy cup!

I don't think the babysitter should be Monday morning quarterbacked on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by baileydonk
    who keeps whiskey in the refrigerator?
    i prefer the freezer if its soco
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Quote Originally Posted by WebFire
    I'm not saying it's normal to store chemicals and booze in a sippy cup. The point is you still don't know how long it's been there and if it's any good or even if the baby should be having it at that point. You don't just dump something down a baby's throat like that.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

You are right, I do not have kids. Don't want them.

However, I think I would still at least think about looking in an opaque container (assuming that is opaque) and ensuring that whatever was put in it is enough and hasn't spoiled.

In either event, I still see that the guy did nothing wrong. A lapse in judgement maybe, but there was certainly no malace or forethought to harm the child. Just think it is a waste of law enforcement and lawyer's time. Nothing that a stern talking to wouldn't take care of, it doesn't require a criminal charge or conviction on a person's record.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Thread Information