Forum Member

Default Does anyone make........

Metal or plastic IAFF logos like these fop logos?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Obsolete-Fratern...QQcmdZViewItem

I want a metal or plastic IAFF window decals...Not a flimsy vinyl sticker...One of these sturdy badge looking things...I see them for FOP and Shriners all the time...

Been looking the net up and down, cant find anything IAFF

Anyone know where I can find something like this?
    Last edited by Herrin821; 10-11-2005 at 11:46 PM.

Forum Member

http//www.iaff.org
    IAFF

Forum Member

nope!!

only vinyl stickers...not what I'm looking for

MembersZone Subscriber

Those shields are issued to members of organizations such as FOP, PBA, etc. Despite the fact that this shield is described as "obsolete", I am certain that it voilates every FOP rule governing these shields to offer it for public sale.

Some police organizations even go so far as to have "blackout" periods, when their members take the shields down. During the blackout, any vehicle moving with a shield is pulled over. You would be surprised as to the number of stolen shields that are confiscated.

In short, these shields are not meant for non-members.

Forum Member

UUUHHHHHHH................OOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I just want a heavy plastic or metal decal to replace my flimsy and faded sticker.......About 4" by 4"...........And I cant find them anywhere on the net

Leather Forever

Default IAFF Badges

Check out www.oregonfire.com They sell a ton of IAFF logo items

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Herrin821
    UUUHHHHHHH................OOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I just want a heavy plastic or metal decal to replace my flimsy and faded sticker.......About 4" by 4"...........And I cant find them anywhere on the net
    You asked a question about the shield on ebay. That is what I am discussing.

Forum Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Herrin821
    Metal or plastic IAFF logos like these fop logos?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Obsolete-Fratern...QQcmdZViewItem

I want a metal or plastic IAFF window decals...Not a flimsy vinyl sticker...One of these sturdy badge looking things...I see them for FOP and Shriners all the time...

Been looking the net up and down, cant find anything IAFF

Anyone know where I can find something like this?

Do you belong to the IAFF?

If not you can't legally have one.

I am the kind of guy who would report you.

Been a member for over 30 years!
    OUTSTANDING

Make It Happen

Never forget 9-11-2001
    343 Brothers Who Were MURDERED!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by allineedisu

I am the kind of guy who would report you.

Been a member for over 30 years!
    Seems to me if he was a member, he wouldn't have to post the question.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    That's the nice thing about http://www.oregonfire.com . They require that you send your order in on Union letter head and pay for the merchandise with Union checks.

Forum Member

Exclamation

Maybe he is a whacker or wannabe! I saw the link he provided from e-bay. Displaying a FOP emblem on your vehicle, is like displaying an IAFF or IAFC emblem and giving everyone the impression that he is a member of these organizations.

I say if he is a member, go through the local which he belongs to.

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Early Adopter

Arrow Ummm...

I'm a member and I wouldn't know where to get something like that.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by cozmosis
    I'm a member and I wouldn't know where to get something like that.
    Maybe they don't have them down there because you can't see them through the Confederate Flag and the gun rack?

IT WAS A JOKE!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by allineedisu

Now wait a second, When did it become Illegal to support the IAFF whether or not you were/are a member ?

While not a member of any local, I will not display the standard Red IAFF logo sticker on my vehicle. I will and do wear Union logo shirts. These shirts have been purchased by me or for me, and was led to beleive that the purchase would support the union.

Are you one of the folks who will call me a whacker for wearing them ?

And if you could show me the laws preventing those of us not in a union from displaying these logos.

MembersZone Subscriber

Some police organizations even go so far as to have "blackout" periods, when their members take the shields down. During the blackout, any vehicle moving with a shield is pulled over. You would be surprised as to the number of stolen shields that are confiscated.
    Pulled over for what? Is it illeagal to display a union sticker/badge if you're not in a union? That seems pretty rediculous.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Firetacoma1
    Pulled over for what? Is it illeagal to display a union sticker/badge if you're not in a union? That seems pretty rediculous.
    It's not ridiculous at all. These shields are sold by the police organization only to members. They are not transferrable and they identify the vehicle displaying the shield as being owned by a member. All members are advised of the blackout and are advised if the shield is displayed during the blackout period the vehicle will be pulled over.

If the vehicle is pulled over, one of two things is true. The member screwed up and forgot to take down the shield, or the shield is stolen property. That equals probable cause.

Forum Member

It's not ridiculous at all. These shields are sold by the police organization only to members. They are not transferrable and they identify the vehicle displaying the shield as being owned by a member. All members are advised of the blackout and are advised if the shield is displayed during the blackout period the vehicle will be pulled over.

If the vehicle is pulled over, one of two things is true. The member screwed up and forgot to take down the shield, or the shield is stolen property. That equals probable cause.
    Probable cause? Would NEVER stand up, might for a minute or two in court, but better not let the media get out that the cops are protecting their private little fraternity. They would have to trail the folks until they got a legit moving violation, but then again the way the books are written that would not have to take too long.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace
    Probable cause? Would NEVER stand up, might for a minute or two in court, but better not let the media get out that the cops are protecting their private little fraternity. They would have to trail the folks until they got a legit moving violation, but then again the way the books are written that would not have to take too long.
    And which particular law school did you graduate from?

It will and it has stood up. And there isn't a thing wrong with it.

Forum Member

And which particular law school did you graduate from?

It will and it has stood up. And there isn't a thing wrong with it.
    Tell me what law makes a union badge/lable an official seal? What you suggest can easily cross the line between official and union business, it can be a SERIOUS ethics violation. I appriciate the "professional courtsey" provided to me by the boys in blue, but taken to far it can be serious trouble, legally and politically for all of us.
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

MembersZone Subscriber

Or it was bought on ebay by a member looking to make a quick buck... like here. but it also seems highly unlikely that that's acutally true.

MembersZone Subscriber

Tell me what law makes a union badge/lable an official seal? What you suggest can easily cross the line between official and union business, it can be a SERIOUS ethics violation. I appriciate the "professional courtsey" provided to me by the boys in blue, but taken to far it can be serious trouble, legally and politically for all of us.
    Sorry for taking so long to answer, but I have been searching and searching this thread for where I said it was an "official seal". I am pretty certain, correct me if I am wrong, that I said it was an issue of stolen property.

Show me one law where it says these shields are an ethics violation...because there are tens of thousands of violators out there.

Forum Member

"It's not ridiculous at all. These shields are sold by the police organization only to members. They are not transferrable and they identify the vehicle displaying the shield as being owned by a member."

Not fighting with you personally George, but I see these police shields on cars around here all the time. The shields usually obstruct at least one letter or number on the license plate. I thought that in itself was not legal. So I guess I just wanna say it irks me a little to see the "police" having these on their cars in a way that seemingly says they are allowed to break the law. When they are displayed properly and on the vehicle in a manner that does not obstruct the license plate, I personally have no problem with that. That is a little off topic, but I had to say it.

Forum Member

Sorry for taking so long to answer, but I have been searching and searching this thread for where I said it was an "official seal". I am pretty certain, correct me if I am wrong, that I said it was an issue of stolen property.

Show me one law where it says these shields are an ethics violation...because there are tens of thousands of violators out there.
    How is it stolen property if it was passed on by a friend or a family member, or not removed by the vehicles previous owner? The logic of trying to say that mere possession can be used for probable cause because a union president declared that the badges should be hidden for a period of time is preposterous. So if at best it is the policy/bylaws of the FOP to not allow any member to pass on a badge, what business would an officer have trying to enforce what would really be at best a contractual civil matter?

The ethics of it all comes down to the implication that having the badge on your car identifies you as a cop, and the purpose of such identification is to solicit “professional courtesy”.
    -Big Russ

MembersZone Subscriber

How is it stolen property if it was passed on by a friend or a family member, or not removed by the vehicles previous owner? The logic of trying to say that mere possession can be used for probable cause because a union president declared that the badges should be hidden for a period of time is preposterous. So if at best it is the policy/bylaws of the FOP to not allow any member to pass on a badge, what business would an officer have trying to enforce what would really be at best a contractual civil matter?

The ethics of it all comes down to the implication that having the badge on your car identifies you as a cop, and the purpose of such identification is to solicit “professional courtesy”.
    OK. So you're simply arguing for the sake of arguiing. This will be my last post in response to you on this thread.

1. The shield is completely removable. It bought and paid for by the member. Any member with a modicum of personal responsibility, that would include all of them, would never "forget" to remove it.

2. It is against the rules and regulation of the organization to "pass it on" to a family member or friend.

3. The only thing that is preposterous here is your obvious desire to argue about this subject. Bitter over some speeding ticket, pal?

4. Professional courtesy, as you have pointed out, is given to other people besides law enforcement officers. It is routinely provided to doctors, nurses, fire fighters, EMT's and every member of the community who has a decent driving record and doesn't treat the officer like crap. That is why it is not an ethics problem in any way, shape or form.

Forum Member

OK. So you're simply arguing for the sake of arguiing. This will be my last post in response to you on this thread.

1. The shield is completely removable. It bought and paid for by the member. Any member with a modicum of personal responsibility, that would include all of them, would never "forget" to remove it.
    You are really going to stand by that blanket statement of "all of them"? I thought that you prided yourself on a little more objectivity then that.

2. It is against the rules and regulation of the organization to "pass it on" to a family member or friend.
    So why have i dated sisters of cops with them in their windows? Why have I bought a vehicle with the FOP membership sticker still in the window?

3. The only thing that is preposterous here is your obvious desire to argue about this subject. Bitter over some speeding ticket, pal?
    Not bitter at all, thankful for when I have been let off, but I know when getting off has been very border line to being the right thing for the cop to have done or not.

4. Professional courtesy, as you have pointed out, is given to other people besides law enforcement officers. It is routinely provided to doctors, nurses, fire fighters, EMT's and every member of the community who has a decent driving record and doesn't treat the officer like crap. That is why it is not an ethics problem in any way, shape or form.
    When an officer takes all those thing into account fine, but many rather just have the attitude of "never hanging paper on a fellow officer", in that case the ethical line is seriously blured when it comes to their duty and trust placed upon them by society and their community.
    -Big Russ

Thread Information