1. #26
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    N.E. Iowa
    Posts
    179

    Default Slick Willy

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86
    When did that happen? Willey was found to be an uncredible witness by Ken Starr, Paula Jones settled with the accused not admitting guilt, and Monica has always claimed the relationship was consensual.

    But you knew all that....right?
    Slick Willys sexual escapades go much further than that.

    But you knew all that....right?

  2. #27
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrIrons
    Slick Willys sexual escapades go much further than that.

    But you knew all that....right?

    Since you're near Missouri I have two words, "show me".

    And why would you care anyway?
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  3. #28
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    N.E. Iowa
    Posts
    179

    Default Missouri??

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86
    Since you're near Missouri I have two words, "show me".

    And why would you care anyway?
    Actually I am much closer to Illinois, Wisconsin and Minnesota. I guess it is allright for you to bash President Bush at will but heaven forbid someone say anything about Slick Willy. The Prince of liberals has a long trail of treating women like pieces of meat. If you are such a staunch supporter of Willy why dont you look it up?

    And why would you care if I cared anyway???

  4. #29
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrIrons
    Actually I am much closer to Illinois, Wisconsin and Minnesota. I guess it is allright for you to bash President Bush at will but heaven forbid someone say anything about Slick Willy. The Prince of liberals has a long trail of treating women like pieces of meat. If you are such a staunch supporter of Willy why dont you look it up?

    And why would you care if I cared anyway???

    How do you know all this to be true? And you're a lot closer to MO than I. I don't care if people bash Clinton. The comment that started this accused him of a crime. Which as it turns out isn't true. But idiot conservatives keep spouting it as fact.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  5. #30
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by medicmaster
    [SNIP]
    Even if the guy can't speak correctly,
    So he didnt go to toastmasters - speaking ability realtes to running a country how? Bill Gates is not what he is becasue of his public speaking.



    hires his unqualified friends, denies any involvement in something that makes him look bad
    Are you hinting at FEMA?




    , or any other million things he does to prove that he has no business running the country
    Could you list those please
    Warm Regards,
    Shawn Stoner
    EMT-B

  6. #31
    Forum Member
    medicmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SSTONER
    So he didnt go to toastmasters - speaking ability realtes to running a country how? Bill Gates is not what he is becasue of his public speaking.
    Gee, I don't know...meeting with international diplomats, delivering addresses to Congress...I'd hate to see Bush try to talk his way through the Cuban Missle Crisis. Bill Gates may be the richest man in the world, and he is who he is because he created windows software. Bill Gates is not the leader of the free world.

    Quote Originally Posted by SSTONER
    Are you hinting at FEMA?
    Sure, that would be an example....


    Quote Originally Posted by SSTONER
    Could you list those please
    Oh, lets see...where to begin, where to begin....
    Jack of all trades, master of none.

    Live Green, Go Yellow!

    Join the forums at www.ambulass.com!

  7. #32
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Nevada, TX, U-S-A!!
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by medicmaster
    Bill Gates may be the richest man in the world, and he is who he is because he created windows software. Bill Gates is not the leader of the free world.

    Oh, lets see...where to begin, where to begin....
    He "created" a little more than Window's.

    And of course you duck the question... I would like you to list them too...

  8. #33
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by medicmaster
    Gee, I don't know...meeting with international diplomats, delivering addresses to Congress...I'd hate to see Bush try to talk his way through the Cuban Missle Crisis. Bill Gates may be the richest man in the world, and he is who he is because he created windows software. Bill Gates is not the leader of the free world.

    Sure, that would be an example....


    Oh, lets see...where to begin, where to begin....
    It's a good thing wars aren't won with talk. Clinton "talked" through Somalia. A real high point in US History.

    I'll take a Pres. committed to action every time.

  9. #34
    Forum Member
    medicmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    It's a good thing wars aren't won with talk. Clinton "talked" through Somalia. A real high point in US History.

    I'll take a Pres. committed to action every time.
    I'll agree with you for the most part, but to use my example of the Cuban Missle Crisis...I don't think that Kennedy would have done us much of a favor if he had fired off a few nukes to prove a point instead of talking that one out.
    Jack of all trades, master of none.

    Live Green, Go Yellow!

    Join the forums at www.ambulass.com!

  10. #35
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by medicmaster
    I'll agree with you for the most part, but to use my example of the Cuban Missle Crisis...I don't think that Kennedy would have done us much of a favor if he had fired off a few nukes to prove a point instead of talking that one out.
    I have a great deal of respect for the Presidency of JFK. In the CMC, there was no doubt that the talk was going to be backed up. When Kennedy talked, more came out of his mouth than "blah, blah, blah".

    Pres. Bush didn't just "fire off" a few missiles in Iraq w/o trying diplomacy first. Every possible diplomatic avenue was explored before the invasion began. Same in Afghanistan.
    Last edited by GeorgeWendtCFI; 01-06-2006 at 07:43 AM.

  11. #36
    Forum Member
    ThNozzleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Jefferson City, TN
    Posts
    4,339

    Default

    So he didnt go to toastmasters - speaking ability realtes to running a country how? Bill Gates is not what he is becasue of his public speaking.
    However, Bill Gates is an outstanding public speaker, which belies his intelligence and charisma. Bush...well now, he ain't too good at nuthin', including public speakerismry.

  12. #37
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    So as long as the world kept turning, ruining women's lives via sexual assault is not something that bothers you about a President, huh?
    Where was the assault? Paula Jones setteled out of court. Kathleen Willey was determined (by Ken Starr) to be unreliable. And Monica has always claimed the relationship was consensual.

    More conservative talking points that are blatantly untrue. Even though that never stopped them.

    Sorry about being so late. Harriet Miers resigned so the whole episode ended up being moot.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  13. #38
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by medicmaster
    I'll agree with you for the most part, but to use my example of the Cuban Missle Crisis...I don't think that Kennedy would have done us much of a favor if he had fired off a few nukes to prove a point instead of talking that one out.
    JFK did a lot to avoid war, however, it came a lot closer than most people think to actually having a resolution via military action. Someone became ver y smart very quickly on the Russian/Cuba front.
    Warm Regards,
    Shawn Stoner
    EMT-B

  14. #39
    MembersZone Subscriber
    WaterbryVTfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    547

    Talking

    I'll keep stirring this a bit longer...Hey its what I do!

    But here is a simple equation..

    Liberals(see Democrats)= Zealot

    And for those of you that don't know zealot means some who is VERY committed to a cause. And as with most Libs/Dems, its what ever is annoying them that day. Bush, Alito, war in where ever, the pudding at school was vanilla instead of butter scotch. So basically, the dems will have a distaste for whomever the President picks or what ever the Republicans say or do.

    Remember, these are the people that say Bush and his cabinet were racist about the delay in the Gulf. But, if memory serves me Condolezza Rice is....GASP a black woman!! And the most powerful one in the world (except for Oprah!! ). And the mayor of N.O. was black, the governor is a woman. But, they had NOTHING to with the ball getting dropped! Why..because of course they were democrats!
    And one more...why are republicans so bad, because we want some people to work for their welfare. Yet the democrats just want to "give it to them". who is holding who down here?

    There I strained my arm stirring!!

  15. #40
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Flanders, NJ
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Because by "giving it to them", they create a class of people who are beholden to them for their existence. That translates to votes.

    They don't like the Republican equation:

    Success = Education + Ambition.

    An ambitious person with education has never failed in this country.

  16. #41
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    An ambitious person with education has never failed in this country.
    And how do you know this? Another platitude with no way to determine its validity.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  17. #42
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WaterbryVTfire
    I'll keep stirring this a bit longer...Hey its what I do!

    But here is a simple equation..

    Liberals(see Democrats)= Zealot
    Like all conservative talking points this one is nothing more than mythology. I can say safely in our state it is conservatives who constantly attack the institutions that will give people with ambition and without means the opportunity to compete in the work force. Here in CA it is the conservatives who are constantly carping about charging ever higher fees for higher education that would in effect give less opportunity for those from lower socio economic class backgrounds.

    Also. Every conservative (or their ancestors) I've ever met who talks about fairness and egality never had to worry about being on the wrong side of slavery, segregation, suffrage or any of the other social ills that has afflicted our nation during the course of its history.


    And here in OC, the fire service is a particular target of the conservative media as employing folks who are overpaid and overbenefitted. They would filet out firefighters in a heartbeat given the chance. In the course of their writings during the years I've worked here they have made it clear the only thing they hate more than firefighters employed as a public employee are unions. So we are hit with a double whammy of blind hatred.

    You could be ambitious and well educated and will get tossed in front of the bus.

    Turn off the AM hate radio talk shows.
    Last edited by scfire86; 01-09-2006 at 10:04 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  18. #43
    MembersZone Subscriber
    WaterbryVTfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Typical liberal, throw out some big words and fancy talk, and fool the lower class of voters into thinking that you actually care about them!

    Do you know why Bush won the last election in such an overwhelming manner?
    He appeals to the "common man".
    Did you see Kerry out clearing brush on his property? Nope....
    And lets not get started on Kerry's money...ketchup anyone? Who picks the vegetables for all those items they make? GASP!! Undereducated and under paid immigrants I would assume. Where was the outcry from that?

    Did GW stammer and stumble in speeches? Yep...just like most people would in front of a large crowd.

    So, if you want to "beat" the conservatives/republicans, find someone that appeals to the average American. Not a over educated "stuffed shirt".

    (McCain in '08)

  19. #44
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WaterbryVTfire
    Typical liberal, throw out some big words and fancy talk, and fool the lower class of voters into thinking that you actually care about them!
    Sorry if you believe words with more than two syllables are BIG.


    Quote Originally Posted by WaterbryVTfire
    Do you know why Bush won the last election in such an overwhelming manner?

    Bush won the popular vote by a whopping 2.5%. Given how you believe that figure is overwhelming, then Clinton's victories are landslides.

    Quote Originally Posted by WaterbryVTfire
    He appeals to the "common man".
    Like which one's? Bush is the son and grandson of billionaires. Any "common man" who believes Bush thinks about them is a fool.


    Quote Originally Posted by WaterbryVTfire
    Did you see Kerry out clearing brush on his property? Nope....
    And lets not get started on Kerry's money...ketchup anyone? Who picks the vegetables for all those items they make? GASP!! Undereducated and under paid immigrants I would assume. Where was the outcry from that?
    And how do you know this? Did you get another email in your Inbox?


    Quote Originally Posted by WaterbryVTfire
    Did GW stammer and stumble in speeches? Yep...just like most people would in front of a large crowd.
    I don't.


    Quote Originally Posted by WaterbryVTfire
    So, if you want to "beat" the conservatives/republicans, find someone that appeals to the average American. Not a over educated "stuffed shirt".

    (McCain in '08)
    God forbid we elect a President who is well educated and acts accordingly. Conservatives continually blast away at the public school system then deride someone who actually bothered to learn and use the english language correctly.

    No wonder they are walking disasters.

    And remember.....reading....it's FUNdamental.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  20. #45
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southern Ct
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by medicmaster
    I'll agree with you for the most part, but to use my example of the Cuban Missle Crisis...I don't think that Kennedy would have done us much of a favor if he had fired off a few nukes to prove a point instead of talking that one out.
    The US was very lucky with that, as history shows us. The Cubans had battlefied nukes on the beaches(fortunately in control of the Russians), had they used them the world would be much different today.
    IACOJ Lt-Eng32ine

  21. #46
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southern Ct
    Posts
    58

    Default Dereliction of Duty by Lt Col Robert Patterson

    This is a quick and good read. It really says alot about Clinton. This comes form a military officer, not some political hack. That being said, I am a member of the vast right wing conspiracy!
    IACOJ Lt-Eng32ine

  22. #47
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFCLTE32
    This is a quick and good read. It really says alot about Clinton. This comes form a military officer, not some political hack. That being said, I am a member of the vast right wing conspiracy!
    I read it. It is baloney. Interesting how no one substantiates any of his claims.

    I've read articles just as critical of Bush and Cheney and I give them all the credibility they deserve....which is none.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  23. #48
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    I grew up poor. Under the poverty line. I did everything in my life, no governmental help beyond the GI Bill. I still would have gone to college to get 2 AS, a BS, and now my MHSc. I did it. People told me along the way that I couldn't do it. Not a dime, not a single cent came from any member of my family.

    There SC, you have met a conservative that lived on the wrong side of "social ills." The only thing that I will say made it easier was PERHAPS my skin color, but even then I only give a very little leeway. Especially when I see black trauma surgeons working with me in the hospital. When I see poor people succeed and get out of the ghetto.

    While many government programs are noble and great ideas, the federal government is not the appropriate place to fund or employ those programs.


    And public schools are deplorable. It is always a scream about money. Money this, more money for that. We need this, we need that. I have to say this: when you turn out a quality product, I will give you money. The public schools in the United States are a disgrace. I will bash them every chance that I get because I expect good results from my money and since I pay my local, state, and federal taxes and see the pathetic result that schools turn out from an educational standpoint I want my money's worth.


    And while I may not support the current President on much any longer, do you really think that any politician really, truly cares about you?
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

  24. #49
    Forum Member
    scfire86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HB
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie
    I grew up poor. Under the poverty line. I did everything in my life, no governmental help beyond the GI Bill. I still would have gone to college to get 2 AS, a BS, and now my MHSc. I did it. People told me along the way that I couldn't do it. Not a dime, not a single cent came from any member of my family.

    There SC, you have met a conservative that lived on the wrong side of "social ills." The only thing that I will say made it easier was PERHAPS my skin color, but even then I only give a very little leeway. Especially when I see black trauma surgeons working with me in the hospital. When I see poor people succeed and get out of the ghetto.

    While many government programs are noble and great ideas, the federal government is not the appropriate place to fund or employ those programs.


    And public schools are deplorable. It is always a scream about money. Money this, more money for that. We need this, we need that. I have to say this: when you turn out a quality product, I will give you money. The public schools in the United States are a disgrace. I will bash them every chance that I get because I expect good results from my money and since I pay my local, state, and federal taxes and see the pathetic result that schools turn out from an educational standpoint I want my money's worth.


    And while I may not support the current President on much any longer, do you really think that any politician really, truly cares about you?
    Well Sharkie. The conservatives here in OC would do away with the GI Bill. Right after they do away with the public education that enabled to at least gain rudimentary learning skills. Irrespective of your skin color.

    And NO. I stopped believing any politician truly cares. But I wasn't the one claiming one did because he does the yardwork.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

  25. #50
    Forum Member
    DaSharkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Posts
    4,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86
    Well Sharkie. The conservatives here in OC would do away with the GI Bill. Right after they do away with the public education that enabled to at least gain rudimentary learning skills. Irrespective of your skin color.

    And NO. I stopped believing any politician truly cares. But I wasn't the one claiming one did because he does the yardwork.
    You are right about the yardwork comment. But I have to say that John Kerry has always come off as quite snotty and aloof. I live in Massachusetts for probably 26 of my 31 years and he has always seemed that way. Bush I can at least relate to a bit more, even if he did have a silver spoon in his mouth. Can't explain it, maybe it is just appearances.


    I would fight anyone on the GI Bill. It is a way of helping out Warriors for their service and commitment to this country.

    Personally, I think that the teacher's unions and public schools in general could do well to have a bit of competition to produce a good student that is well prepared for the world. Back in Massachusetts the Democrats (who control both houses of legislature) and the teachers unions fight tooth and nail agains "Charter Schools" which more and more parents are happier with than the public schools and feel are better preparing their children.

    Not that I want children, but if we have them I have already told my wife that they will not go to a public school. This belief is even more enforced by sister in law who is an elementary school teacher. Absolutely shameful the stuff she informs me of.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

    The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

    "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

    "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

    www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. God Bless all of YOU Firefighters.
    By ted1 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2002, 04:47 AM
  2. save the baby or save the fireman?
    By exsilio in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 07-10-2002, 10:31 AM
  3. Save the Toad! Save the Toad!!
    By FFTrainer in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-08-2002, 07:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register