Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie
    You are right about the yardwork comment. But I have to say that John Kerry has always come off as quite snotty and aloof. I live in Massachusetts for probably 26 of my 31 years and he has always seemed that way. Bush I can at least relate to a bit more, even if he did have a silver spoon in his mouth. Can't explain it, maybe it is just appearances.
    I guess I require more than just appearances. Just weird that way.

I would fight anyone on the GI Bill. It is a way of helping out Warriors for their service and commitment to this country.
    The conservatives in this county don't believe any tax dollars should go to anything that helps another person. They subscribe to the Ayn Rand philosophy. There should be no public investment of any type. Not education, infrastructure, etc.
    Last edited by scfire86; 01-12-2006 at 10:28 AM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    An ambitious person with education has never failed in this country.
    Ambition and education has gotten many a person put in jail.

Sometimes it would be preferable for society to have some of the ambitious folks in the world fail.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86
    Some conservatives in this county don't believe any tax dollars should go to anything that helps another person. They subscribe to the Ayn Rand philosophy. There should be no public investment of any type. Not education, infrastructure, etc.
    fixed
    Most Conservatives inside of our governement want to limit government, not eliminate it. They want the help to be constructive and not just a crutch or band-aid, or even worse an enabler. Kind of the same goals as the Liberals in government, only difference is the philosophy on how to achive the goals. The fight for power unfortunately has allowed the media to portray the differences in the how as differences in the what, and this has rubbed off on many of those involved. Only the fringes have different end goals, the majority on both sides are closer then most realize.
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace
    Only the fringes have different end goals, the majority on both sides are closer then most realize.
    I would agree.

One of the very few times I have listened to Rush Limbaugh and agreed. His soundbite was (regarding social programs), "it's supposed to be a net, not a hammock".
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

The last 12 years or so of politics have disgusted me on both sides of the coin.

It has driven me to disenroll from the Republican party.

Since both parties are equally full of cheats, scumbags, twits, losers, criminals, philanderers, and all around bottom-feeding scum-sucking whores.

Neither party cares about the Constitution, rights, liberties, or the little man. I have allowed myself to be shamefully mislead these twits. Live and learn.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

The last 12 years or so of politics have disgusted me on both sides of the coin.

It has driven me to disenroll from the Republican party.

Since both parties are equally full of cheats, scumbags, twits, losers, criminals, philanderers, and all around bottom-feeding scum-sucking whores.

Neither party cares about the Constitution, rights, liberties, or the little man. I have allowed myself to be shamefully mislead these twits. Live and learn.
    You exagerate a little too much. Not much that you can say bad about the GOP until 8 years ago, not 12. The GOP's return to the majority started out effeciently and on its stated target, but once the original goals were achieved many in the upper levels of power and leadership got "mad" with the power and allowed the power to corrupt them and make them reach for more then their legit share, same thing that brought down the Dems in 1994. Over all the officials represnting us in both parties are honorable and hard working folks, unfortunately they have allowed themselves to be lead by folks with less then statesmen like goals, who have brought the bad media light upon themselves. Don't let the bad apples that floated to the top taint your view of the positive folks that mistakenly held them up.
    -Big Russ

MembersZone Subscriber

Ambition and education has gotten many a person put in jail.

Sometimes it would be preferable for society to have some of the ambitious folks in the world fail.
    You know what? You're probably right. I would have to add morals to that equation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    You know what? You're probably right. I would have to add morals to that equation.
    Ethics too, Tom DeLay feels that he was doing the morally correct things with his Texas Political games, the problem is the question about the ethics of the actions in supporting HIS morals.

Life is tough, best thing anyone can do is try to play fair and nice.
    -Big Russ

Forum Member

You exagerate a little too much. Not much that you can say bad about the GOP until 8 years ago, not 12. The GOP's return to the majority started out effeciently and on its stated target, but once the original goals were achieved many in the upper levels of power and leadership got "mad" with the power and allowed the power to corrupt them and make them reach for more then their legit share, same thing that brought down the Dems in 1994. Over all the officials represnting us in both parties are honorable and hard working folks, unfortunately they have allowed themselves to be lead by folks with less then statesmen like goals, who have brought the bad media light upon themselves. Don't let the bad apples that floated to the top taint your view of the positive folks that mistakenly held them up.
    No Dennis, they are all bad. For those scumbags that do the dumbest things get all the press. But the others who do not step up to the plate, call a spade a spade, and actually vocally fight for change I have no respect for.

You are there to represent the individual citizen. No company, fund, group, or whatever. You are there for the PEOPLE of your state. If you either do not represent them, or do not speak out against those who are acting untoward - then you are just as useless.

To a point, you are right about the GOP, but it has gotten so viscious. The whole Clinton thing was blow overboard. The guy was a twit and I lost what little respect I had for the man, but they let politics get viscious and now both sides are just vile and the individual is lost in the arguments that are battled out by the extreme sides of both parties.

For this reason, I do not vote for anyone that has been in office for more than 8 years. It used to be 10 but I had to tighten my standards. After 2 terms, you become the problem because you do nothing to stop the problem and you perpetuate the corruption.

This is how you get twits like Schumer, Kennedy, McCain, Specter, Kerry, Leahy, Rangel, Pelosi, and others. People who are so entrenched in the quest for political power that none of them care for the individual citizens that elect them. Yet we are stuck with millionaires from both parties who do not care.

I think that from now on I will just write in the person that I think is best qualified and appropriate for office.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

MembersZone Subscriber

Shark, you bring a tear to my eye, brother. If onyl you could talk some sense into the citizens of the great state of Massachussetts.

You can't however, paint all politicians with the same broad brush. Here is one example: Curt Weldon.

Need I say more?

Forum Member

There is no talking sense into the sheeple of Massachusetts. So long as there is a person with the last name of Kennedy that wants to run for office they will be led down whatever path is chosen.

This is why I have left Massachusetts and I have told my wife that I will not move back there when school is done - and I mean it.

I can paint them with a broad brush, and I will. I have no faith in politicians (in case that wasn't made clear earlier ) of any party any longer. I even gave up my membership in the Republican Party last year because I was a little slow on the uptake that there might be some hope from somebody out there - but alas I was too close to the crack pipes of Durham and got a few fumes.

Thread Information