Forum Member

Default E-One in Canada...T/U

So the rumor that E-One Canada is going out of business is actually true.
    We have a piece of apparatus in Red Deer being built and it would appear that it will be the last or close to the last one on the production line. Sounds like the combination of bad managment and not enough skilled labour killed the company. Anyone hear anything different? I would like to think it not to be true.

Forum Member

We just recieved (Teusday) a tender package for a new tanker from them. That would be news to us, but then again we heard from employees that work there and they said they didnt know anything of them closing - but they are usually last to know anyway!

Hey Capt - you know Graham Clarke? - He put the tender in as he is the new MD chief for the Foothills.
    -I have learned people will forget what you said,
    -People will forget what you did,
    -But people will never forget how you made them feel!

Forum Member

Dave404, although Chief Clarke was with Leduc County Fire I do know him well. This move for him will no doubt be a good one.
    As for E-One going T/U, I got that info from a very reliable source. E-mail me and I will let you know. deldon@telusplanet.net

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Dave,
    Foothills finally hired a Chief? Wow that has been on the burner for a while. Are the other two Deputy's there as they were before?

Have a good one.
    Dave Burn
    (EMT-P Student)
    Effort only fully releases it's reward on someone who refuses to quit!

Forum Member

Dave404,

Who did you receive the bid from, as in dealer?

I know that Rocky Mountain Phoenix is now the Western Canada Rosenbauer dealer, no longer E-One. That's not a rumour, it's a fact.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VanIsleEVT
    Dave404,

Who did you receive the bid from, as in dealer?

I know that Rocky Mountain Phoenix is now the Western Canada Rosenbauer dealer, no longer E-One. That's not a rumour, it's a fact.

I work with Dava404, we recived the quote from Rocky Mountian Phoenix not E-one. We had heard that they were looking for another company to come in when E-one left we just had not heard who it was. Thanks for the info

MembersZone Subscriber

I just have received an e mail the other day from Rockey Mountain Phoenix out of Red Deer which is the dealer for E-One. They said due to the way E-One conducts business Rockey Mountain Phoenix could not continue to the relationship. E-one has a few vehicles on order from a few FD's and they will build them but will not take any new orders. The new fire truck company will be Rosenbauer for which R.M.P will be the dealer for. I don't know alot about the comapny or what kind of quality product they make. I think there's a E-One out of B.C. and Ont somewhere.

Forum Member

Rocky Mountain Pheonix indeed has entered into a dealer agreemant with Rosenbaur. We pulled the truck that was being built by E-one off the line as soon as the chassi got to Red Deer and are in the process of shipping it down to Rosenbaur in Minnisota. I don't beleive that E-One has any other dealers in western Canada and the only plant they have in Canada is in Red Deer Ab. From what I have heard about Rosenbaur, they are a top notch fire apparatus manafacturer. A few of our members went down to the plant in Min. last week and checked out the place and their feeling was that Rosenbaur was heads above the other company. I think this is a good move for both RMP and Rosenbaur and the fire service in western Canada in general.

Forum Member

You think the alleged closing of E-One Canada is good for the Fire Service?! Or, that Rosenbauer now has a dealer in Western Canada?

In either case, you are sadly, sadly mistaken and uneducated it seems.

#1: I have been with E-One Canada/Superior, for nearly 2 decades, since Bob Mather, Butch Barthel and Barry Skinner owned the place.
    What the hell good can come from the loss of potentially 100+ jobs IF there is a closure?

We may not all be firemen, but we all stood around the television and cried when the World Trade Center came down.
    We pour our hearts and souls into the trucks we build, We understand the jobs you do, and the need for our trucks to work to the best of there ability.

We are pros, just like you.

#2: There was already a Rosenbauer dealer in Western Canada when RMP signed on. I have known most of the RMP management and staff for a good long time, and I wish them all the luck in the world as Rosenbauer dealers, they like you, are True Professionals.

Forum Member

LC1500, I guess I did not make my statement very well. Yes I agree with you it truely is sad that E-One is pulling out for whatever reason, and my heart goes out to those affected by the pullout. Our fire department have been Superior/E-One customers since before I became a firefighter and are proud to say we have been. Superior/E-One have been fabulous suppliers of fire apparatus in western Canada and a top notch service provider, second to none. Having said all of that, if the rumor is true, then I believe that RMP teaming up with Rosenbauer is indeed a good move for both RMP and the fire service in western Canada. I was not aware of any other Rosenbauer dealers in western Canada. With the fine people at RMP and the quality of fire apparatus that Rosenbauer produces I think is a good match. Don't get me wrong my friend, I for one am dismayed to hear of any impending closer of E-One in Canada, hell all our rigs came from them. Have a great Christmas.

Forum Member

LACAPT,

Yes, there was already a Rosenbauer dealer for Western Canada. It was Tony Jumeau of Fireforce Apparatus and that is who we purchased our two Engines from. Tony is now with Rocky Mountain and they are the Western Canada dealer. You are correct about Rosenbauer's General plant in Minnesota. They are leading the industry right now. Their Engineer, Mike Lemeux originally designed the E-One extruded body. The General extruded body is an E-One on steriods, hense the 20 year warranty.

It is sad that E-One has done to Superior what they did with Saulsbury.Good job management, ruin two top notch builders of Fire Apparatus.

Thread Information