Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Searching for help to be firefighter

I would like to be a Firefighter in the Boston area.
    My Grandfather[44yrs old] and Great Great Grandfather[29yrs old] both were firefighters killed in the line of duty in Boston.
    Any help would be very much appreciated.

I think your best course of action would be to determine what the requirements of departments in the area are, and then working toward obtaining what is necessary. The best way to find this information is to contact the departments directly. I don't know how it works down there but departments here have "hiring information packages" that tell you exactly what is needed. When you want answers, go directly to the source, taking an indirect route doesn't always guarantee correct information.
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

former FH.com member

This should help, start here. http://www.ci.boston.ma.us/bfd/info/hiring.htm

Ever think that maybe your family is jinxed when it comes to the boston fire brigade?

Good luck with joining and good on you for following in their footsteps. Hopefully you will return home from every call with the rest of your crew.
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PattyV
    Ever think that maybe your family is jinxed when it comes to the boston fire brigade?
    I'm glad you said it first...

Anyways, your family's sacrifice is noble indeed, but perhaps product tester at a pillow factory is the better bet.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by mcaldwell
    I'm glad you said it first...

Anyways, your family's sacrifice is noble indeed, but perhaps product tester at a pillow factory is the better bet.

What you and patty said was uncalled for!

Given where you both are from, I can understand.
    OUTSTANDING

Make It Happen

Never forget 9-11-2001
    343 Brothers Who Were MURDERED!!

Quote Originally Posted by allineedisu
    Given where you both are from, I can understand.

What is that supposed to mean? You wouldn't be making a generalized assumption of someone based on what country they are from would you?
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Getting back the to the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyG79
    I would like to be a Firefighter in the Boston area.
    My Grandfather[44yrs old] and Great Great Grandfather[29yrs old] both were firefighters killed in the line of duty in Boston.
    Any help would be very much appreciated.

If you haven't yet looked at the web site SAFD46Truck posted, do so.
    Also do you only want to be with Boston, or are you also interested in the villages around Boston? I do recommend testing for departments you can test for, at least get the experience.

FireHouse also gives job listings if you pay for membership. There are also other web sites that do the same thing. Look in the newspaper"S" and postings in fire stations and in school(most likely the ones with Fire sciense). You could also request to be put on a mailing list for the cities you are really interested in.

GOOD LUCK AND BEST WISHES!
    Jorie
    An education is only wasted when the taught individual chooses not to recognize the value of the lesson.

Unhappy

I have to agree with allineedisu on this. The guy has lost several members of his family on the job. No one wants to see any Brother or Sister get killed or loose their lives on the job, doing what they love as their chosen profession. Why any of these members would be jinxed?

To say, that if they were garment makers and the garments some way covered them up and they died making them, one wouldnít say, then you should have been a fisherman for a living.

We all take this career seriously and know that it losses upwards to over 100 members each and every year on the job. There isnít one of these fine Brothers or Sisters that have given the extreme sacfrice would have worked in any other profession, knowing that the one they chose is the most dangerous one. Having know and seen at least 20 members loose their lives, in my time in the fire service, I still remember them and know that they gave their lives going the job that they loved.

Good luck TommyG79, I hope that you can pass all the hurdles and become a member of the Boston Fire Department.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by JorieH
    If you haven't yet looked at the web site SAFD46Truck posted, do so.
    Also do you only want to be with Boston, or are you also interested in the villages around Boston?
    Villages? Plenty of cities and towns in the metro Boston area, but no villages!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Thread Information