Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default anyone know about efundraising.com

i sure everyone has had a world finest chocolate candy bar, but is anyone familar with the magazine subscription sales program they have.
    they set up a website for you and donate a portion of the profits to you're group.
    you have to do a little work on you're side but it seems like a good program.

anyone have any information about this group good or bad?

thanks
    tim h
    baskett vfd

MembersZone Subscriber

Tim,
    I can vouch for the WFC people. As a PTO President (one of my other non-paying jobs... ) I am dealing with them right now at my boys school. I have received info from them several times about other programs they run, such as the webite you mentioned.

Also, I know they are owned by Reader's Digest, which I believe, is a decent company, and not going to shaft anyone. Our WFC man treats every child in the school as his own, and we have been very pleased with their attention to our needs.

The only reason we haven't done a magazine sale with them, is we had an existing contract with another company for that prior to my becoming PTO President and prior to us working with the nice 'candy man' (as he's known at the school).

We make a HUGE profit on the candy sale, and last year a very small measly amounts on the magazine. However, I renegotiated with the other company over the summer (threatening to go with someone else) if we didn't see a percentage of the profits AND a price per book for a submission of all the names and addresses. SO, moral of the story, make sure you have explored every option of payment to your FD. We would have made another $4000-$5000 if our PTO President last year would have gotten the percentage deal last year. A nice chunk of change for some addresses and magazine sales.

Good Luck! (And if no school in your area was doing chocloate, man, I'd think about that! We clear almost $20,000 in about 3 weeks time at the school. I know a school has more incentives to offer, but candy is an easy sell!)
    Alana Tomlin Denton
    Freelance Grant Writer/Consultant

Forum Member

dixiechicknc,
    thanks for the info. we will give the magazine deal a try and see were it leads.

thanks again
    tim h

Thread Information