Forum Member

Default Fundrasiing via Dept Website

Are there any volunteer departments that solicit donations via their website? If so, do you provide an address to send checks or do you accpt online donations?

All advice appreciated.

Thanks!

Forum Member

When we relaunched our new website, we added a section under our Fund Drive catagory where people can pay via PayPal directly to an account we have setup.

No hits on it yet - but we think it's a beneficial way to try for more help.

(www.westwoodfire.com)

MembersZone Subscriber

I hope you set up a seperate checking account for use with the paypal twits. paypal has unlimited, unrestricted access to the account you gave them when you signed up. They will no doubt credit your account with any funds donated but they also can yank $ out of the account with no notice or authorization at any time for any reason they decide. This includes due to human or computer errors at paypal or fradulent activity by one of their users.

And getting it fixed will be like trying to restore your credit record after having your identity stolen. Have had several customers go down that road with paypal after they mistakenly tryed to transfer $ to us (and we have never used/been a paypal member). paypal will take anyone's money that is offered but aren't in a hurry to give it up.

Forum Member

Paypal does not have any of our account info.

Forum Member

how do they get the money to you?

Forum Member

Back again to revisit it. I have been doing some research on various 3rd parties aside from PayPal that assist in collecting online donations. Can anyone highly recommend any of these 3rd parties or suggest others? Here are the ones that I have been looking at:

http://www.acceptiva.com/
    http://www.clickandpledge.com/

Any other suggestions?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I haven't looked at any of them, but whoever charges the least amount to handle the transaction and not hose anything in the process. Some of the cheaper online payment processing places sell information, and are lacking in the nerd department so things don't always work well.

If you want another thought Sams Club Business Services handles credit card transaction services. We looked at them for my wife's t-shirt business.

And if you know any teachers with a sense of humor: www.vsteacherrelief.com. The coffee cup goes to every morning meeting I have. My boss bought the t-shirt.

Forum Member

Default website for t-shirt fundraiser

We use a cafepress website - www.cafepress.com/qsfdbooster and make $10 per shirt - set up in our store - www.qsfd.com/store.htm it is another approach to the fundraiser.

Sean
    Quaker 49

Thread Information