Forum Member

Default Thinking of becoming and EMT

I have a question about becoming an EMT. I'm considering making a career change and do something I have always wanted to do. I'm thinking of getting training as an EMT-B here in AZ and work my way up from there. I'm curious to know about salary ranges and potential in the field. If anyone could let me know about different salary scales and such, it would be appreciated.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well I don't know salary ranges in your state, but in Texas working for a private EMS company it is in the ballpark of 26,000 - 28,000. I hope that you have a good time with it if you decide to persue that. I myself was in college for three years knowing that I wanted to be an EMT. I did go to EMT-B school eventually. I am now a paramedic, firefighter and loving every second of it. Good Luck !!

Forum Member

I just got on as an EMT in Flagstaff. They only offer relief positions to new people so there is no salary range really. They start at $9.07 per hour up here with no benefits. About 25 people tested and 6 got on this hiring process.

Thread Information