Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boat Grant

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Don't forget folks that "Fire Boat" under AFG means exactly that: it must be able to put out fire. AFG has not funded rescue boats, and unless they completely changed focus for 2006, they won't this March either. No pump, no master streams, not a fire boat.

Quote Originally Posted by neiowa
    If you're a fast talker not much money is required. I have a deal worked out with our state Fed surplus property office. I locate it, and transport it and they charge us $75 to process that paperwork. Takes them maybe 20min of time and they fax us the paperwork. I locate/arrange truck and pickup the equipment.
    Neiowa,

Don't know of any places that we could get that kind of deal around IL do ya? I'm looking for a tow vehicle for our Fire Safety Trailer and don't want to spend too much. $75 sounds just about right.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Not2L84U2
    Neiowa,

Don't know of any places that we could get that kind of deal around IL do ya? I'm looking for a tow vehicle for our Fire Safety Trailer and don't want to spend too much. $75 sounds just about right.
    Contact your state forester. This is the org that can obtain DOD or GSA surplus for final loan to you. Or contact your state Fed Surplus Property office if you want to own it. Every state in the US has both offices. Some are worthless some actually do something.

There are many vehicles available at Great Lakes (Chicago) and Scott AFB (St Louis). Most are snapped up by the Chicago area cops (thru the LESO program). "Reportedly" they then sell them to raise cash (they get title under LESO). Nice slush fund opportunity. Most/all vans, crewcab pickups, SUVs disappear down that blackhole. Reportly GAO/DOD is conducting an investigation as this is illegal.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Example of DOD surplus boat

Example of DOD surplus boat

See: http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auctio...&convertTo=USD
    22' BOSTON WHALER BOAT W/ 70HP JOHNSON MOTOR & 1983 MAGLINER BOAT TRAILER

You need a boat? You could have obtained this outfit thru your state Federal Surplus Property office. As previously stated price arrangement subject to what you can negotitate with them. No one requested this boat so is being auctioned off to the public. Not new, not perfect but I'll bet a begger could do a lot with this unit.

MembersZone Subscriber

Kurt, the link you posted is incomplete and doesn't work.
    http://www.chiefsupply.com/grants/f...er04_11_19.html

My VFD applied for a fireboat in 2005 and not surprisingly the grant was denied.

I have lots of fireboat related information on my website:

Fire boats
    http://forums.delphiforums.com/PMFD/messages/?msg=419.1

Our department did get a state grant for a portable pump which we can use from a boat or the shoreline.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Need a boat

To followup on previous discussion.

Available Jacksonville FL Navy base. 3ea From Willard Marine

I have not inspected or talked to Jacksonville. Rated in decent condition and photos look promising. With trailer. Go to:

http://www.drms.dla.mil/htbin/govern...ond1=H&cond2=9

Click "more info" link at the left margin for photos and telephone contact info.

Looks to me like to have potential for fire service craft. This is a commerical craft not recreational/toy. Large rear deck for med or equipment storage. Fore deck for monitor (or on pilot house). Enclosed pilot house. Large inboard engine/out drive. Evidently a large below deck space (for fire pump) as can collect/hold 1000gal of spillage. Only 8 yr old and this it the type of equipment that gets little use.

Note the draft is 24" to 34". Not going to beach it.

Mfg link: http://willardmarine.com/9mseaforceoilskimmer.html

Contact your state fed surplus office now if interested. Last day to request is <b>Friday<b>. My advice is call your state office and tell them you need a boat, you have located it and will transport, what will you charge to process the paperwork. THEN tell them where/what it its.

Info they will need to req. from DOD is
    BOAT AND PACIFIC TRAILER 194000BOATWTR
    and DTID or N4223752982101 or N4223752982102 or N4223752982103

If you don't know who your state off is go to
    http://www.gsa.gov/Portal/gsa/ep/con...Id=10055&noc=T

Thread Information