Forum Member

Default Streamlight Survivor (again)

Search turned up nothing along the lines of what i'm looking for. For those of you who use the survivor, do you have the Division 1 or division 2 light? Do you like the one you have? If you had a choice which division light would you rather have?

The division 1 light has a 2.1 Watt 4.8 Volt lamp with a 4.5 hour runtime.

The division 2 light has a 5.5 Watt 4.8 Volt "black dot" xenon smoke cutting lamp with only a 1.7 hour runtime.

Is the extra intensity of the Div. 2 worth the sacrafice of the run time (providing the trucks have piggy back chargers with spare batts.)?
    Service is the rent you pay for having space on earth.

Forum Member

28,I've got 2 Div 2 streamlights,one with the quik change battery and one old style. Regardless of which way you go that "run" time is based on temps above 32F. Under that they go dead considerably quicker. A decent personal light,but if you want to do much for long,think about a lightbox or a Vulcan,you'll be a lot happier.If you have the spares all charged up on the rig you'll do OK. In a warm (fire) building they work pretty well. I personally like the Div 2 better than the 1 but we only had 2 i's anyway,the last issued were 2's. T.C.

Forum Member

Every truck already has light boxes, we're just looking at smaller personal lights, something that you can clip to a coat and free up a hand from the lightbox. Even with the strap the lightbox can get right annoying, esp when trying to crawl. The only other question would be whether or not to go with AC or DC chargers on the truck, but probably the only trucks that would allow the DC would be the trucks that have station shorelines that constantly charge the battery. I was thinking AC chargers with one rapid DC charger that would only be used to rapidly recharge lights on scene.
    Service is the rent you pay for having space on earth.

Forum Member

Default Anyone have an extra cigarette lighter cord????

I use my survivor on my part time job, and keep it in my car. Last week, a passenger accidentally got the (cigarette lighter cord) wrapped around his foot, and stepped out of my car. When he closed the door, he smashed the plug that inserts into the lighter. Anyone have an extra that they dont use? Wanna swap for a patch or something???? Send me a PM.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Thread Information