Kitchen fire damages apartment in Murray

A kitchen fire caused about $50,000 damage to a Murray apartment early Friday.
Fire crews were called to an apartment near 4700 South and 200 East just before 6 a.m. They found a third story unit on fire and quickly extinguished the flames, said Murray Deputy Fire Marshal Jesse Valenzuela.
The fire started after a stove was turned on and left unattended.
Smoke detectors alerted the apartment's occupant as well as tenants in five other units. All were able to escape.
No one was injured.