Forum Member

Default the sat doesnt mean anything

I just got vindicated. I had a friend of mine that scored a 1500 on the SAT. Well he just flunked out of a 4 year university. Well I am sitting quite nice at one of the best community colleges in the country with a very good 3.0 And I scored a 990something on the SAT.
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Forum Member

First thing someone should tell you, you just have to work hard to get into university, once you are in its easy as pie.
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

Forum Member

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMikey
    I just got vindicated. I had a friend of mine that scored a 1500 on the SAT. Well he just flunked out of a 4 year university. Well I am sitting quite nice at one of the best community colleges in the country with a very good 3.0 And I scored a 990something on the SAT.
    If you are so intelligent... why don't you grow up?

We don't give a fat rat's rump what you scored on the SAT or your GPA.

We don't know the reasons your "friend" flunked out, but a true "friend" wouldn't come on an international forum and gloat about it.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Remember, 3.0 out of 4.0 is a whopping 75%.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

In admissions testing as in the rest of the world, a test score does not paint the entire picture.
    ullrichk
    a.k.a.
    perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Forum Member

The new high score for the SAT is a 2400...not the 1600 anymore
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Forum Member

the sat doesnt mean anything
    I know.

That's why I took the ACT.

Forum Member

I wouldn't brag about 3.0 through a community college. University classes are typically more challenging than community college courses. Why don't you try to find the best in your "friend" and support his efforts rather than use his unfortunite situation to boost your ego. There are different forms of intelligence that standardized test scores and grades don't show.

We don't know the reasons your "friend" flunked out, but a true "friend" wouldn't come on an international forum and gloat about it.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

Forum Member

I didn't take either test, and I don't really intend to...
    -Bozz

Air Force Medic

Early Adopter

Question And?

Sounds like you should call your "friend" and share this with him... not us.

I stumbled twice at two different universities before I got my act together and graduated with my bachelor's degree. I assure you that a lack of intelligence wasn't my problem either time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by emtbff927
    I wouldn't brag about 3.0 through a community college. University classes are typically more challenging than community college courses. Why don't you try to find the best in your "friend" and support his efforts rather than use his unfortunite situation to boost your ego. There are different forms of intelligence that standardized test scores and grades don't show.
    I don't know, I took several courses at a couple of CCs and the classes were known to be more rigorous than at many of the private and state run schools in the area. Besides, many 4 year professors teach at 2 year schools in the evenings. This is not necessarily the truth as much as it was years ago.

As for the SAT/ACT/GRE they are standardized measuring points. I never took the SAT or ACT. Only took the GRE because I had to for my PA program to get my Masters degree. They are mostly a useless exam. Just like the MCAT to become a DO or MD. No predicting value for how one will perform as a physician.

I still wouldn't gloat either.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Whoever posted that 3.0 is 75% Do the math the way that the schools do it. Plus that kid is not my friend anymore.

A-4
    B-3
    C-2
    D-1
    F-0

A 3.0 is a 80% average.
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Forum Member

Its not gloating about the facts, its pointing out that the Standardized testing is flawed and completley useless. The facts about gpa and scores were just evidence in the fact that the tests are useless in determining acceptance into school and how someone will perform later in life.
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B

Forum Member

Plus that kid is not my friend anymore.

You need to grow up
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Forum Member

When I saw the subject I thought this thread was gonna be about the O2 Sat!!! LOL

Forum Member

Well, you are entitled to your opinion and I will respect that.
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dougman
    When I saw the subject I thought this thread was gonna be about the O2 Sat!!! LOL
    Silly boy...that would be in the EMS forum.
    Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
    RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
    Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Forum Member

Whoever posted that 3.0 is 75% Do the math the way that the schools do it. Plus that kid is not my friend anymore.

A-4
    B-3
    C-2
    D-1
    F-0

A 3.0 is a 80% average.
    Easy school you attend, every school I have attended has required an 84% for a B.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

Its not gloating about the facts, its pointing out that the Standardized testing is flawed and completley useless. The facts about gpa and scores were just evidence in the fact that the tests are useless in determining acceptance into school and how someone will perform later in life.
    They are in GENERAL a GREAT indicator of capability, but of course there are still exception, NO ONE claimes that testing is an indicator of future performance, that is what GPA's, recommendations, and interviews are for.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

Default Wow

With friends like you....
    Sounds like a jealousy issue to me.

Thread Information