Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

lets keep this on the first page of the job forums....i know it sounds corny, but i just want to keep hearin the rumors and all the scuttle butt about chi town!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by capt107efd
    lets keep this on the first page of the job forums....i know it sounds corny, but i just want to keep hearin the rumors and all the scuttle butt about chi town!!!
    Well, the lastest rumor is that nobody has written results yet...

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Latest and Greatest

Does anyone have any idea as to when we may hear something regarding the written examination? Any word/rumors floating around from da Dept. of Personnel?

Forum Member

I'm going to assume that everyone that took the test in this thread passed, the reason for this is because if you are smart enough to figure out how to turn a computer on and register for the forums you could pass that test :P.

Anyways only thing we can do is continue the wait, as much as that sucks.

Forum Member

I forgot to add...

I do have a family member in the CFD whom took the '85 test, I talked to him about his thought on this test from what he understands the '06 appilicants will start going to the academy most likely next year, he thinks that there will be one more class from the '95 test.

However these are just his thought, don't count them as facts.

MembersZone Subscriber

The last class of the 95 list will go through in November.

And the new list will be effective January 07
    Last edited by BIGBOS1; 07-30-2006 at 05:02 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Its August 1st...anyone heard anything?

MembersZone Subscriber

nope, i'd say everyone should realistically start getting anxious for results in september or october.

Forum Member

Question

Any other Females on here waiting on CFD as well as I? I haven't heard too much concern from the Ladies about this..............or maybe i'm just one of the few women who really want this.

MembersZone Subscriber

i know whats going on....te company that put on the test needs areason to keep its employees, so they are dragging this out until the next big test they are contracted for.......i mean come on man, it was a computer score sheet, i could see if they had to hand grade the things but this is ridicuolous, all we want is our scores!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

I copied and pasted this from someone in the CPD forums:

A couple of CFD instructors came to the academy to teach today, and during the break, I ask one of the instructors about the results. He stated that the results will be mailed out by the end of Aug or the middle of Sept. Good Luck everyone who took the test.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes, and the offical new list will be in effect January 07

Forum Member

Default Info from Personnel office

I called the Personnel office and asked if they had any idea as to when the written examination results would be available. The woman informed me that the results would be made available in October. No specific date or idea if it will be earlier or later in the month. Thanks for the updated info. guys!

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

I cant wait....i am getting impatient! LOL

Forum Member

What's up everybody. New to the forum, and like everyone else that tested, i'm patiently waiting any hint of a sign of advancing to the next step to come my way.

Forum Member

Anyone hear anything or get anything in the mail?

MembersZone Subscriber

Not to be a jerk here but I think if anyone has heard anything or got anything in the mail, this forum would be errupting in replies

Forum Member

We should put CFD on our backburners, and concentrate on getting jobs with other depts . It may be years before any of us see a job with CFD.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Any luck?? I shouldnt even get my hopes up!! Its pretty bad when Columbus Ohio is already into the physical part and they tested after us!! By the way, is everyone ok from the ambulance wreck?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default people let it go!

its not even close to being "bad".... CFD has to process over 25000 test. Columbus might have 500 to process.
    I said it once and i will say it again... all you did by taking the CFD test was buy a lottery ticket. Do you sit at home watching for the lottery results 24/7? i doubt it.
    my advice, let it go...move on. If you get lucky, CFD will call you.

best of luck on the columbus test.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pedalinmedic
    its not even close to being "bad".... CFD has to process over 25000 test. Columbus might have 500 to process.
    I said it once and i will say it again... all you did by taking the CFD test was buy a lottery ticket. Do you sit at home watching for the lottery results 24/7? i doubt it.
    my advice, let it go...move on. If you get lucky, CFD will call you.

best of luck on the columbus test.
    Actually, Columbus had over 5,000 applicants.

Forum Member

Default New Exam?

There is a rumor, and rumor only, that 72% of white people passed the last exam and only 12% of minorities passed. This supposedly is not sitting well with cerain individuals with the CFD and now I hear that they may be giving everybody a refund and compiling a new test. I don't know if anybody has heard anything remotely close to this, but if this is true it would be quite interesting to see how much easier the next test will be. Remember that this is not official information by any means. I heard it from a firefighter with CFD.

Forum Member

TFF in a head rubbing kind of way. I guess we will find out for sure in Oct. Though I can't imagine only 12% of the minorities taking it passed. It was a pretty easy test . I feel bad for CFD if this true, I can't imagine the hell that will be raised.

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry

Well, ill tell you what....if Chicago 1 is right, thats a bunch of HORSE HOCKEY!! Why is it that evryone else is getting punished for what the "minorities" did? I am a Puerto Rican, so that makes me a minority...I know I did good on the test, because I made an effort to study, concentrate on the material, buy study guides, take my time, read the questions, traveled from out of state, took pride in my work, actually want to become a fireman, and i wasnt forced to go take a test by the unemployment office to show I am looking for a job.....if this is the case, City of Chicago watch out for a huge lawsuit..The next thing you know...the caucasion male will be taking the test for us minorities(Puerto Ricans included!!!)

Forum Member

I think that if CFD decided to follow through with this re-test they would be dealing with lawsuits up the WAAZOOO from every race imaginable. This is why I am having a hard time believing they would re-test. I also think that over 12% of minorities passed this test. Like I said earlier everybody knows that firefighters are the best at starting goofy rumors, so who knows.

Thread Information