Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 552 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 11028
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by UnitedWeStand View Post
    Yeah, no idea...that doesn't really help me - i'm not from around here...East, left, right up down...haha, no idea.
    Get there early, go to Dominick's. Buy a bottle of water and the paper or whatever you may need or want. Leave the reciept on the dashboard and get tested. It worked everytime for me. I never had any problems what so ever. Good luck guy's!!

And if anyone needs a house in the city, you can reach me at jcrewsx6@aol.com. You won't be sorry.

Forum Member

Yeah, no idea...that doesn't really help me - i'm not from around here...East, left, right up down...haha, no idea.
    AND IT'S A GOOD THING! I went to the Taylor street station where we did the PAT. Hopefully you bought water at Dominicks and parked there.

I still beat a lot of people there and was able to find parking on the street.

Good luck everyone,

RyBaK

Forum Member

so... who was who?

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Room A back row

Default background check- DUI

Does anyone have any information regarding the departments stance on DUI's? I got a DUI six years ago and I know the police department only counts offenses within the past five years. I'm wondering if the fire department has the same policy.

Forum Member

so... who was who?
    I was the guy wearing the assless chaps, and the sleeveless shirt.

Forum Member

so... who was who?
    I was the one whose pee clogged the toilet in the men's room

I thought everything went relatively smooth. If I'm not mistaken there were 5 rooms filled (A-E), about 27 people per room, so about 150 people processed?

RyBaK

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    I was the guy wearing the assless chaps, and the sleeveless shirt.
    which one??? there were three guys in our room wearing that.

i was in room b...we had 50-60 guys in that room...seems like 200 people were there from what i was hearing.

Forum Member

I was in room A and somehow managed to get out of there by 10:00. When I got in line for the fingerprints there was four people in front of me, and when I was done there was about 100 waiting in that line. I lucked out.

We were told in room A that there was over two hundred for processing and that they never processed that many on a Sat. I don't know if that means anything but that is all we were told.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy2007 View Post
    I was in room A and somehow managed to get out of there by 10:00. When I got in line for the fingerprints there was four people in front of me, and when I was done there was about 100 waiting in that line. I lucked out.

We were told in room A that there was over two hundred for processing and that they never processed that many on a Sat. I don't know if that means anything but that is all we were told.
    There was a guy in Room A that had a dorky hair cut, parted down the middle, and a funky tooth...haha. Oh well, there was somethig more like 40 people in Room A - and yes, the IAD lady told us that 300 people were processing, and they had never processed that many people period.

Forum Member

There was a guy in Room A that had a dorky hair cut, parted down the middle, and a funky tooth...haha. Oh well, there was somethig more like 40 people in Room A - and yes, the IAD lady told us that 300 people were processing, and they had never processed that many people period.
    Oh, and FYI - for all of you morons who can't spell, it is correctly spelled: goverNment. That should throw you out of the running, if you don't know how to spell goverNment.

Forum Member

I saw that dude too. I think he was in the second row.

Forum Member

Oh, and FYI - for all of you morons who can't spell, it is correctly spelled: goverNment. That should throw you out of the running, if you don't know how to spell goverNment.
    If they won’t throw you out for not following directions like the guy who filled in letters “A” and “B” on the **** test strip when only told to fill in letter “A” or the guy who decided not to listen and started filling the FBI form out on his own, filling in sections that you were not supposed to fill out and had to get a new FBI form, they won’t throw anyone out for a misspelled word. Is anyone out here any of those two guys? For the record I spelled it correctly.

Forum Member

not sure about numbers...but one of the women taking hair samples said they were processing 200 people on the 5th (the most ever done at one time).

and to add to the confusion factor...we had a guy in the mid-500's in our classroom.

MembersZone Subscriber

yeah i was in room d we where waiting there in that room for over 3 hours till you guys got done with the fingerprints. I think most of us left at around 3-4 pm, well i did and before we left the IAD lady said they processed 180 people so thats right from her mouth and i was one of the last ones to leave. what is the starting pay for cfd? some where saying 40-48 but no one really knew. I cant remember myself.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by 233wacker View Post
    not sure about numbers...but one of the women taking hair samples said they were processing 200 people on the 5th (the most ever done at one time).

and to add to the confusion factor...we had a guy in the mid-500's in our classroom.
    oh yeah we had a guy that said he was in the 1500s i told him he was full of it but thats whats he swore that he was in the 1500s

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 233wacker View Post

The guy I was sitting next to told me his number, 600-650. Maybe he was smoking crack? Maybe there was a large number of people who did not return the postcard in October (or was it November?).

Did we do a drug test in December? I can't remember but there were a number of nervous looking faces from people when it was explained what the forms were for.

We had at least 5 guys in my room who would start filling out forms or not follow directions. Too bad they were given another form it would have expedited the ones who were patient enough to hear and follow all BASIC instructions.

RyBaK477

Forum Member

I spelled it correctly too. How about the guy who stood up and asked how many times you were allowed to take the National Registry test before you would flunk out??!! What kind of question is that, you're really showing them that you are a worthy candidate!!
    Last edited by UnitedWeStand; 04-06-2008 at 01:26 PM.

Forum Member

Well considering only the first 500 on the list were called, and that's an official number, i don't see how that's possible at all. I know a guy who is in the 1300's and never got anything further from the City. One thing i've certainly noticed so far - is that every one has a different rumor, alot of people are full of crap, and most of them just say things to say them. It's pretty much impossible to believe anything people say at those things...

I was in room A too, and there must have been at least 10 people who did not follow directions. No one cared, the people instructing us didn't care, and there was no consiquence for it. Oh well.

Forum Member

No one cared, the people instructing us didn't care, and there was no consiquence for it. Oh well.
    You misspelled consequence

Iz funee just lyke the govermint

Thread Information