Like Tree288Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Are there any military vets that are being processed faster than others? Also, does anyone know for sure how many passed everything and were offered to join out of the first 500 interest cards sent out? Number around 4,000 anyone have an idea what my chances of hearing are?

Default Interest Cards

Interest cards have been sent out to the first 850 people......to date. That includes the latest round sent last week.

Forum Member

All I know is that they got up to the 470's for the July 1st class.

Default interest cards

The City has sent interest cards to the first 850 people to date. That includes the latest round sent last week.

Does anyone have quick reference to the contact number for a change of address? Thanks guys, Yes I know I could just look it up but I tried and wasnt sure which one it was and instead of making 5 long distance calls I could make one.

I would greatly appreciate it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nsFIRE421 View Post
    Does anyone have quick reference to the contact number for a change of address? Thanks guys, Yes I know I could just look it up but I tried and wasnt sure which one it was and instead of making 5 long distance calls I could make one.

I would greatly appreciate it
    312-746-6920. Ask for Ms. Ghant.

Forum Member

Have any of you who completed your BI but not your medical called Ms Ghant to find out whats going on?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy2007 View Post
    Have any of you who completed your BI but not your medical called Ms Ghant to find out whats going on?
    i guess not.

Forum Member

I was told she was on vacation. I hope to get called for the medical soon. Any one else hear anything??

Forum Member

All I get is her voice mail. I talked to her last month and as usual she couldn't give any info. If the next class is Nov. we should schedule our medicals real soon hopefully.

Forum Member

i was thinking that you would have to hear something this week (and that would be really rushing things)...or we can forget about oct 1. although my gut's telling me the chance of an oct 1 start is long gone.

hopefull oct 16th???

Forum Member

Default far fetched

i doubt we will ever hear a dam thing. last i heard of now is that the city put a hiring freeze on and wont be touching that list for quite a while. funny cuz they are spending more in overtime than to hire a new guy. and what about the 1980 strike class in which 3000 ff's were hiring. well they are almost at 29years and a day and max pension benefits. so i won't benefit them any longer to stay. i am a emt b, along with 2 bachelors degress and a master's. what more can they want. im sitting at #3100 on list.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Congrats to all the graduates today!

Forum Member

Default hey jackpack!!

jackpack-

you need to go into usercp and "allow private messages."

i tried to reply to your pm, but it wouldnt allow it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by flexit19 View Post
    i doubt we will ever hear a dam thing. last i heard of now is that the city put a hiring freeze on and wont be touching that list for quite a while. funny cuz they are spending more in overtime than to hire a new guy. and what about the 1980 strike class in which 3000 ff's were hiring. well they are almost at 29years and a day and max pension benefits. so i won't benefit them any longer to stay. i am a emt b, along with 2 bachelors degress and a master's. what more can they want. im sitting at #3100 on list.
    Keep your spirits up. Think positively. The hiring freeze is true, and there are rumors that it might affect the next class....but who knows. Just focus on the prize, and wait and hope...and pray.

Forum Member

...oh, and the comment of the 29 & a day thing...not EVERYone does this job for the paycheck - some people stay longer, even though it doesn't "benefit" them money-wise. C'mon now.

Forum Member

it just stinks that the city keeps our hopes up when some of the most qualifed recruits just wait and wait and wait. granted i have been testing all over town and have been in the top 20 on most exams but usually the burbs only hire one or two guys. i think they could do a better job of telling us where we stand and how are numbers may have moved up or down with the military test they gave and the number of people that have already been processed. i mean cant they do a website and have a way to post it by social security number?

Forum Member

Default What happened?

I'm in the 300's, my BI was back in April. I was never called for the medical and now they are sending out more interest cards??? What happened here?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fireballer View Post
    I'm in the 300's, my BI was back in April. I was never called for the medical and now they are sending out more interest cards??? What happened here?
    Normally I would say to not worry. But from what I was told from Ms. ____ and to what actually happened was two different things. I was told by Ms. ______"you will go into the academy by your assigned #" "I have to sign the Shackleman decree that states there was no monkey business going on, thatís why you will go into the academy by your assigned #" "#400 will not get in before #399". Everything she told us turned out to be not true. I learned real fast that this is the City and if I want the world greatest job I'll have to deal with the BS that comes with it.

I'm in the 100's and I know thereís guys in the 100's and 200's who were passed over mainly due to going A-Z on the backgrounds plus some of you never went to medical and # 450 is in the academy. I was told by medical that I would be in the next class but I don't believe anything that comes from them anymore. I really hate bitching but Iím starting to get real ****ed I was passed over.
    Last edited by bugsy2007; 08-21-2008 at 11:21 PM.

Forum Member

you must have not passed your background check. cuz that would be lawsuit written all over that one and im sure chicago doesn't want to deal with that again. i think the whole process is corrupt and bull****. its who you know, who can move your name, what family you have in, etc. it all bs

Forum Member

Normally I would say to not worry. But from what I was told from Ms. ____ and to what actually happened was two different things. I was told by Ms. ______"you will go into the academy by your assigned #" "I have to sign the Shackleman decree that states there was no monkey business going on, thatís why you will go into the academy by your assigned #" "#400 will not get in before #399". Everything she told us turned out to be not true. I learned real fast that this is the City and if I want the world greatest job I'll have to deal with the BS that comes with it.

I'm in the 100's and I know thereís guys in the 100's and 200's who were passed over mainly due to going A-Z on the backgrounds plus some of you never went to medical and # 450 is in the academy. I was told by medical that I would be in the next class but I don't believe anything that comes from them anymore. I really hate bitching but Iím starting to get real ****ed I was passed over.

I don't blame you Bugs. I'm frustrated as it is never having gone to medical. If my medical was done with the stuff that is happening now i.e. Hiring Freeze, etc., I would be ballistic! But, like you say, this is the City, and we have to deal with it. Let's keep our cool and hope things turn out alright.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TRCO2H View Post
    Let's keep our cool and hope things turn out alright.
    I agree.........

Forum Member

I agree.........
    shi* yeah!
    I hope things turn out alright for a bunch of us.
    08 is a good f'n year, we will make the next class!! Keep the faith brothas'!!!

Forum Member

Hang in there guys...at least we know we are in the next class which is a pretty damn good feeling. Whether its sooner or later we'll be in there.

Forum Member

Bugsy,
    I am gettin very frustrated as well and I haven't even been called for the medical yet. I really don't think the hiring freeze will effect us. Has anyone been able to speak to personnel? Keep your heads up guys it will all be worth it in the end
    Last edited by tmpc2007; 09-08-2008 at 05:19 PM.

Thread Information