Page 102 of 552 FirstFirst ... 2529299100101102103104105112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 11028
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RyBaK477 View Post
    You misspelled consequence

Iz funee just lyke the govermint
    o Wel its not a bhg deayl tho bekauze i wont be towld 2 go home if i don't spel thiinkgs wrong

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by adamib View Post
    yeah i was in room d we where waiting there in that room for over 3 hours till you guys got done with the fingerprints. I think most of us left at around 3-4 pm, well i did and before we left the IAD lady said they processed 180 people so thats right from her mouth and i was one of the last ones to leave. what is the starting pay for cfd? some where saying 40-48 but no one really knew. I cant remember myself.
    You can go to the city of Chicago website and then go to he Human Resource dept link and then the Municpal Pay Schedule link and it has all the city job salaries. Firefighters start at about 46 and go up to about 56 after one year. They have the entire pay schedule for all positions and seniority for the fire department. Not bad pay at all.....
    Last edited by bigern79; 04-06-2008 at 08:16 PM.

Forum Member

Does anyone know what number they got up to in order to fill the first class? Or how many they might want for the next class? I heard so much BS on Saturday I don't know where to begin!

Forum Member

with a 'random' number like 16,000 i think i'm pretty much SOL

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by formerbuckeye View Post
    with a 'random' number like 16,000 i think i'm pretty much SOL
    well I think they might have another writen in a couple of years so if you dont get called this time hurry up and wait.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Did anyone notice the 9/11 poster in the fingerprinting room? It was titled "Giants of New York". I tried finding it online today with no success. Does anyone remember the artist's name.

Thanks,
    RyBaK

Forum Member

Did anyone notice the 9/11 poster in the fingerprinting room? It was titled "Giants of New York". I tried finding it online today with no success. Does anyone remember the artist's name.

Thanks,
    RyBaK
    Don't remember the exact name but I do remember it was an artist from Illinois. From the burbs. Which one.... I forgot. Sorry.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigern79 View Post
    You can go to the city of Chicago website and then go to he Human Resource dept link and then the Municpal Pay Schedule link and it has all the city job salaries. Firefighters start at about 46 and go up to about 56 after one year. They have the entire pay schedule for all positions and seniority for the fire department. Not bad pay at all.....
    Thanks for the info bigern.

RyBaK

Forum Member

Thanks for the info bigern.

RyBaK
    the whole 10K raise after 12 months is nice - don't really get that at too many other places. THen again, it slows down, in terms of raises, after the first year - but almost a 10K jump after a year is nice. Take about .24% off of the monthly pay and that's what you'll be at, take home...so ABOUT $1425.00 per check.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by UnitedWeStand View Post
    the whole 10K raise after 12 months is nice - don't really get that at too many other places. THen again, it slows down, in terms of raises, after the first year - but almost a 10K jump after a year is nice. Take about .24% off of the monthly pay and that's what you'll be at, take home...so ABOUT $1425.00 per check.
    There is a raise after 6 months and again after one year. Not to mention equiptment pay and duty availability pay. Also don't forget that you get paid twice a month on the 1st and the 16th I believe.

Anyway Good Luck to all!!!!

Forum Member

I want to say there is a cost of living raise yearly as well but I could be totally mistaken.

RyBaK477

Forum Member

I want to say there is a cost of living raise yearly as well but I could be totally mistaken.

RyBaK477
    No cost of living but there are raises negotiated through your union contract.

Good Luck To All!!!

Forum Member

Anybody know what the work schedule is? I know the 24 on 48 off thing but I've heard about Kelly days, does the city do that? And how much vacation time?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigern79 View Post
    Anybody know what the work schedule is? I know the 24 on 48 off thing but I've heard about Kelly days, does the city do that? And how much vacation time?
    1(24) on 2(48) off 1 on 2 off 1 on 5 off(daily day) plus there are the furloughs

Good Luck To All!!!

Forum Member

24 on 48 off, 24 on 48 off, 24 on 48 off, 24 on then off 5 days. So after your 4th day working you get 5 off. You also get 3, 17 day furloughs. If they have a class starting May 16th we will only get 1 or 2 furloughs next year.

Forum Member

I think the chances of starting a class in mid May are getting smaller by the day. I know we were only down there a couple of days ago but if we don't hear anything in the next couple weeks I would assume there will not be a class. Unless some of you have heard about scheduling stress test and other and other background info. Also, they have a video in the CFD website, just click on the icon "CFD on Call" its pretty informative

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jcrewx7 View Post
    No cost of living but there are raises negotiated through your union contract.

Good Luck To All!!!

You can thank old Mayor Jane Byrne for that one. She cut all COLA raises for city employees/municipalities. When I worked for CTA we did not get them. I am a postal employee now and they have been pretty generous, considering the rise of inflation, which raises the COLA. On the federal side, we always get our contracts settled on time, unlike CTA, cops, firefighters, who are always years behind. The only advantage of being behind, was that you get a big check for the years of back pay.

Forum Member

hey guys, let's not get ahead of ourselves here - no one even has the job yet...

Forum Member

just out of curiosity does any one know when the medic list will be opened next?

Forum Member

Default Medic List

Quote Originally Posted by KJL1088 View Post
    just out of curiosity does any one know when the medic list will be opened next?
    For the medic lists: they are still on the old list. There are people who have yet to be called off the old list. I am on the new list which was open for a week or so about 14 months ago. No processing has been done to ANYBODY on the new list yet. There are not too many people left on the old list and the new list has between 200-300 people on it. They may open the medic list again sometime soon, but it will probably be 2-4 years before they get to it. Hopefully this info helps. I've been waiting in what seems like forever. Good Luck

Thread Information