Like Tree285Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Also, has anyone heard of people whom have been disqualified? Would they tell you if you did not pass the background?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tmpc2007 View Post
    Also, has anyone heard of people whom have been disqualified? Would they tell you if you did not pass the background?
    If you didn't pass the background you would of known by now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy2007 View Post
    ...and I know thereís guys in the 100's and 200's who were passed over mainly due to going A-Z on the backgrounds plus some of you never went to medical and # 450 is in the academy. I was told by medical that I would be in the next class but I don't believe anything that comes from them anymore. I really hate bitching but Iím starting to get real ****ed I was passed over.
    i'm in the same boat as you. had an issue with my medical, got it all cleared up, and was told "i will be in the next class."

Forum Member

Default more waiting

just spoke to someone down at city hall. and guess what they give you vague information. she did say that two batches of cards were sent out and that each batch was 500. so they are up to 1000. god only knows what plans they have. im so tired of waiting and might just go the route of police officer and see what happens

Forum Member

good luck to all the bro's, i hope the city sees its way through the financial crisis.

Forum Member

Keep your eye on the prize. If the game changes, i.e., going from your lotto number to the date and time of your medical, so be it. If you really want the job, wait it out.

That said, it would be nice to hear something soon, as I am in the mid 100's and have read that there are people in the 300's+ in the academy now.

Just part of the game.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RyBaK477 View Post
    Keep your eye on the prize. If the game changes, i.e., going from your lotto number to the date and time of your medical, so be it. If you really want the job, wait it out.

That said, it would be nice to hear something soon, as I am in the mid 100's and have read that there are people in the 300's+ in the academy now.

Just part of the game.
    dude- something is not right with that. you have a number in the 100s and you heard nothing? are you not a little worried, id be down at city hall like a madman wondering what is going on.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by flexit19 View Post
    just spoke to someone down at city hall. and guess what they give you vague information. she did say that two batches of cards were sent out and that each batch was 500. so they are up to 1000. god only knows what plans they have. im so tired of waiting and might just go the route of police officer and see what happens
    I'm in the 980's and I haven't gotten any cards in the mail from Chicago. Has anyone from 850-1000 gotten anything in the mail yet?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mersman View Post
    I'm in the 980's and I haven't gotten any cards in the mail from Chicago. Has anyone from 850-1000 gotten anything in the mail yet?
    i heard they only went up to number 850, from pretty reliable sources.

Forum Member

Sounds pretty accurate. I know of someone in the mid to upper 800's who hasn't recieved an interest card yet.

Forum Member

a close family friend is in personel and he did tell me they got up to #1500 in the cards. no joke, id be worried. the are halfway to my number 3100. he show me on his computer at city hall, so it is legit.

Forum Member

a close family friend is in personel and he did tell me they got up to #1500 in the cards. no joke, id be worried. the are halfway to my number 3100. he show me on his computer at city hall, so it is legit.
    Try not to be so obvious when you post BS next time.

Forum Member

Really?????????? What a nice guy that family friend can be!!

Forum Member

Default Example

You went from "I spoke to someone and she was vague" in this post to "he showed me on his computer so it's legit" on your next post. Up to 1,000 then 1,500. Almost all your posts say "I'd be worried if I were you"

I don't think anyone on this board will take you seriously.

Forum Member

flexit-

you may be right (in a way). you are saying that you are talking to somebody in the "city's" personnel department. from what i have heard...the "city of chicago personnel department" keeps the master list of the "qualified candidates." when cfd personnel decides they need to hire, they ask for the next X number of candidates (usually 500) off the list (supposed to be another way to eliminate any shady stuff). so, YES...there is a chance the CFD personnel department has requested the names of the first 1500 "qualified candidates." the only thing is...the CFD personnel has only sent interest cards to the first 850 on the list. i'm saying they (cfd personnel) may/probably have another 650 names ready to send those interest cards to.

just a theory, from what i've heard.

Forum Member

on top of that if you read off the city's webiste they plan to test every 3 years now. which means a new list, a new "random number", and a lot more waiting

Forum Member

Default Have No Fear

I just figured it out fellas. We will be getting called within the next week for processing on Saturday, September 6th. How do I know this? Well, I am going out of town that weekend, so undoubtedly that will be when the city decides to process us. Just like when we were processed April 5th. I make plans to go out of town for the first time in two years, and the call comes in. All plans cancelled. That, my friends, is what is called "The Luck of the Irish."

Forum Member

Default Still waiting

I am under 300, finished and cleared on BI but haven't done medical yet. There were some clarification points in my BI (mainly due to military service and a speeding ticket in 2004 that i didn't report). This was back at the end of may. My investigator informed me that I would probably be passed over for the coming class (this was the July class) because the packet would have been due that Friday to schedule medical and sh wouldn't be done with reports and things until the following week. The CFD people were grabbing all finished BI's for the July class and if yours was still processing or waiting for info, you would have been skipped temporarily in an effort to quickly get a class ready. This tells me that I will be in this next class, be it October, November or next February. I'm ok with waiting. When i get called for my medical I will post and let everyone know that the process is starting again.

Question for academy guys.....are people getting kicked out because they can't hang with PT or are they quitting? There have got to be some people that thought they were in shape but are not and are struggling. I would imagine those that are still trying to push and work hard aren't getting thrown out because they are a little out of shape, hell you got 3 months of EMT to get in shape for the fire portion.

I've been slacking the workout a bit. I need to ramp it up, could potentially be called for medical within the next 4 weeks!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jason96B View Post
    Question for academy guys.....are people getting kicked out because they can't hang with PT or are they quitting? There have got to be some people that thought they were in shape but are not and are struggling. I would imagine those that are still trying to push and work hard aren't getting thrown out because they are a little out of shape, hell you got 3 months of EMT to get in shape for the fire portion.

I've been slacking the workout a bit. I need to ramp it up, could potentially be called for medical within the next 4 weeks!

All I will say is....It's no joke. If you aren't working your balls off now, you're ****ed. And yes, to your question.

Forum Member

Default United...

United, was that a yes to they are quitting or a yes to they are being kicked out?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TRCO2H View Post
    I just figured it out fellas. We will be getting called within the next week for processing on Saturday, September 6th. How do I know this? Well, I am going out of town that weekend, so undoubtedly that will be when the city decides to process us. Just like when we were processed April 5th. I make plans to go out of town for the first time in two years, and the call comes in. All plans cancelled. That, my friends, is what is called "The Luck of the Irish."
    I hope you're right.

Forum Member

We won't receive any letter for Sept 6th since the info cards are not due until Sept 8th. Most likely two weeks later.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tower4 View Post
    We won't receive any letter for Sept 6th since the info cards are not due until Sept 8th. Most likely two weeks later.
    He's talking about taking his medical. We turned our cards in last Oct.

Forum Member

Are there a lot of people who have taken the medical and are not in this current class? I wonder if they already have enough people completely processed to fill the next class. For my sake I hope not.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tmpc2007 View Post
    Are there a lot of people who have taken the medical and are not in this current class? I wonder if they already have enough people completely processed to fill the next class. For my sake I hope not.
    I completed everything so far and I'm just waiting for the next class to start. I hope they don't screw you guys waiting for the medical. I know what it feels like to be passed over and some of you have low numbers who haven't been to medical. I don't think they will have people passed over twice while people in the 400's are in the July 1 class. I really don't see that happening. Hopefully soon you guys get into medical.

I don't think there is enough fully processed people for a class. I bet we are waiting for they rest of you to go to medical.
    Last edited by bugsy2007; 08-28-2008 at 12:24 PM.

Thread Information