Like Tree288Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

anybody have any luck getting any info out of ms ghant latley?

How do you think I feel. I'm 34 years old passed everything 100% processed (medical,backround,all the bs drug tests, got the conditional letter) just waiting to get into the acadamy was told by the same people that your speaking to that I was to be in the next class. Never happened dumped about 60 of us. Went off the 2006 list. It just sucks that I would have been 31 or 32 entering the academy. So I was'nt to old maybe some of the others would have been but not me. You guys should be alright since they just started off the list but just remember they don't give a f-ck about you. What happened to me could happen to you.
    P.S they also told us not to take the 06 test because
    1. You can not be on 2 lists for the same job.
    2. The white shirts told us why would you take a test for something when you are already here(being processed). What makes you think if you fail any portion of this process that we would call you again for a new test

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 233wacker View Post
    anybody have any luck getting any info out of ms ghant latley?
    That's a negative Ghostrider.
    I can't even get in touch with her to find out if my cell phone contact has been updated.

I was on the 95 list passed everything (medical, backround,conditional letter)
    100% processed. was told by the same people your dealing with that I was in next class over and over again never happened. It really sucks i would have been 33 entering academy. Just remember they don't give a f-ck about any of you. But since the list is so new you guys are in good shape

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by stppilot9 View Post
    Just remember they don't give a f-ck about any of you.

and that is NOT a rumor. sorry to hear about the ordeal you guys went through. the lack of "reliable" communication (from personnel) is a huge problem, that needs to be fixed.

Forum Member

Default 95 Guys Got a Raw Deal

No arguing that fact. My brother-in-law had his heart set on the job, took the test in 95, PAT in 2006, and received a letter shortly thereafter that he was out. He took the 2006 exam and received a high number. He will age out in October. I guess I can't blame him when he shoots me a dirty look once in awhile.

Forum Member

If my dates are correct, the first day they called guys in to schedule their medical for the last class was 5/03 and the class started 7/01. Knowing they were in a rush to get the class going it still took 2 months. If there is going to be a 11/01 class you'd think they need to get going within the next week or so. Although some guys are already done with the medical so maybe it won't take as long.

Default training

T I Fitness offers strength and conditioning programs that suit the needs of the Chicago Fire Department physical agility tests. If you are looking to enhance your fitness level to ensure passing the tests T I Fitness offers personal training as well as group training at a special rate. These are specialized workouts that focus on the needs of the Chicago Fireman and EMTs. Rate is $25 for an hour of one-on-one personal training and $15 per hour, per person for 2 or more. For more information call 708-707-0233 or visit www.trainerincluded.com. T I Fitness is located in Palos Heights.

Forum Member

General impression of the instructors is: no more classes this year...

Forum Member

I go from being in the 2nd. class to being passed over then to who the hell knows if any of us will ever get in the academy. Life is so fun.

Thanks for the info United even though it wasn't what many of us wanted to hear. We do appreciate it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by UnitedWeStand View Post
    General impression of the instructors is: no more classes this year...
    That makes me swear a lot.

Forum Member

That dosen't mean it's true, like i said it's an impression. Alot of the instructors are talking about this being their last class, and then they'll be back on the street. And someone made a comment about starting over next year...so who really knows. One this i've learned so far, is that things change literally day by day. Don't get down, it'll happen...be positive! Oorah!

Forum Member

Nah, I understand. I just wanted an excuse to swear.
    Thanks for the updates United.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackpack View Post
    T I Fitness offers strength and conditioning programs that suit the needs of the Chicago Fire Department physical agility tests. If you are looking to enhance your fitness level to ensure passing the tests T I Fitness offers personal training as well as group training at a special rate. These are specialized workouts that focus on the needs of the Chicago Fireman and EMTs. Rate is $25 for an hour of one-on-one personal training and $15 per hour, per person for 2 or more. For more information call 708-707-0233 or visit www.trainerincluded.com. T I Fitness is located in Palos Heights.
    Great info......Thanks for your help jackpack

Forum Member

Just go running, run and do pushups, lots of running and even more pushups. Oh, and do pushups.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Any info would be helpful

I flew all the way from Cali to take the last test. Chicago has always been my dream career. I am wondering if anyone who is willing to answer a few questions for me could pm me. I have been hired with another FT dept but would still go with Chicago if the chance ever came. Let me know if you could help with some questions. Thanks alot guys.

micpca_khawl@hotmail.com

or just PM me thanks.

Forum Member

I hope the CFD isn't waiting to hand pick a few people again (with clout, ect.) from 500-850 range for the next class. If they are, we will be waiting for a long time.

Forum Member

Default got it

sitting pretty! got my card today and start processing on monday. tought though since im already a medic in a neighboring suburb. good pay, but chicago has the atmosphere.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by flexit19 View Post
    sitting pretty! got my card today and start processing on monday. tought though since im already a medic in a neighboring suburb. good pay, but chicago has the atmosphere.
    Is this for the fire side or paramedic side. Congrats by the way!

Forum Member

the fire side

MembersZone Subscriber

a close family friend is in personel and he did tell me they got up to #1500 in the cards. no joke, id be worried. the are halfway to my number 3100. he show me on his computer at city hall, so it is legit.
    Did your close family friend who is in personel give you a card? Nice try.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy2007 View Post
    I hope the CFD isn't waiting to hand pick a few people again (with clout, ect.) from 500-850 range for the next class. If they are, we will be waiting for a long time.
    Is that just a general worry, or did you hear something Bugs?

Forum Member

no he didn't hand it to me but sure as hell pushed my name up!!!!!!! thanks for the concern

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TRCO2H View Post
    Is that just a general worry, or did you hear something Bugs?
    I didn't hear that from anyone it's my gut feeling. Since we are in limbo and more cards were sent out it wouldn't suprise me.

Forum Member

Flexit,

Are you processing for CPAT or background? Just wondering.

Thread Information