Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TRCO2H View Post
    Flexit,

Are you processing for CPAT or background? Just wondering.
    As Judge Judy says "If it doesn't make sense it's not true".
    Last edited by bugsy2007; 09-11-2008 at 03:09 PM.

Forum Member

Anyone else get processed or just you? Anyone else hear anything similar? I hope you are telling the truth, otherwise please don't waste anyones time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tmpc2007 View Post
    Anyone else get processed or just you? Anyone else hear anything similar? I hope you are telling the truth, otherwise please don't waste anyones time.
    I haven't heard anything and I think I'm in the same boat you are.... waiting for the medical.

Forum Member

Default more good news in the suntimes

'Kiss my royal'
    CITY HALL | Budget director asks them to lead by example
    September 12, 2008

BY FRAN SPIELMAN City Hall Reporter fspielman@suntimes.com

It's one thing when the Civic Federation demands that aldermen forfeit their cost-of-living pay raise to lead by example during tough times. It's another when the request comes from Mayor Daley's budget director.

Budget director Bennett Johnson has sent a letter informing aldermen of an impending 6.2 percent increase in their annual salary -- from $104,101 to $110,556 -- and asking them to return signed affidavits by Sept. 15 if they're willing to give it up.

RELATED STORIESAldermen urged to give up pay hike

A second enclosed affidavit asks them to take three unpaid furlough days.

"Kiss my royal. Under no circumstances will I give up my pay raise," said Ald. Bernard Stone (50th).

"I gave him three [furlough] days. It cost me $832. The mayor didn't do it. He didn't do it last time, either. Two pay cycles ago, we got a $10,000 raise, and I didn't take it. That's enough money from me."

Noting Chicago has a $420 million deficit that could trigger more than 1,000 layoffs, Ald. Tom Allen (38th) said, "We've got systemic problems that are a lot deeper than a few grand" from a pay raise.

The 2006 ordinance that ties Council salaries to the inflation rate requires aldermen to accept or forfeit the raise by Sept. 15.

Sources said Daley is approaching the budget "in the context of a four-year plan."

He's also looking at "three or four" departmental mergers, consolidation of leases and overtime cutbacks that could eliminate the Fire Department's special events response team.

"We're looking at pulling them out and putting them back on fire trucks" to save up to $1.2 million a year, a top mayoral aide said.

Sources said the layoff figure has not been finalized. Asked if police officers and firefighters would be included, the aide said, "The mayor's priority is public safety. We need to make sure we're adequately staffed at all levels with police and emergency responders. [But] there are a lot of folks in a lot of these agencies who are not first responders."
    Last edited by 233wacker; 09-12-2008 at 10:46 AM. Reason: bold the important text

Forum Member

Thumbs down

That sucks....anyone know how many people are on the Fire Departments Special Events team? I can't imagine its enough to eliminate new hires.

Forum Member

nnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    Last edited by tmpc2007; 09-13-2008 at 03:36 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default ??????

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy2007 View Post
    As Judge Judy says "If it doesn't make sense it's not true".
    no one on here got a call???? anyone have plans for saturday???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fireman22 View Post
    did you get one.....i hear thats whats going on.

i hope so...lets get the ball moving

Forum Member

I received a call to head down Sat as well. To sign up for medical

Forum Member

My Judge Judy post was for someone saying their # 3100 and he got a interest card to report on Monday.

Congrats to you guys going down Sat., let us know if they tell you anything.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tmpc2007 View Post
    I received a call to head down Sat as well. To sign up for medical
    TMPC-
    who called you and when? I am waiting for my medical too and hoping to be in this next group. Did anyone else on this board get a call and what number range are you in?
    Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 233wacker View Post
    did you get one.....i hear thats whats going on.

i hope so...lets get the ball moving
    Are you waiting for the medical? Have you been called for this Saturday?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fireballer View Post
    I think 233wacker is in the same boat as me (took medicals in May and did not get in the last class).

I was called on a Thursday to report to Clinton Street, so I wouldn't worry. They may even have a group this week and next week.

Forum Member

bugsy is right. i took my medical in may, but didnt make it into the july 1st class. in may.... i was called on a tuesday morning, to report on that saturday.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

man only if you guys had some pull. i am sorry to say i used it and clout still exists in the fine department. if you guys are looking for this to move faster let me know. maybe ill be standing next to you at the fire house. just quit my full time cpa job cuz im starting in jan or feb and can afford a few months off. good luck hahahahaha

Forum Member

Default Complete Loser!!

Quote Originally Posted by flexit19 View Post
    man only if you guys had some pull. i am sorry to say i used it and clout still exists in the fine department. if you guys are looking for this to move faster let me know. maybe ill be standing next to you at the fire house. just quit my full time cpa job cuz im starting in jan or feb and can afford a few months off. good luck hahahahaha
    Here’s a news flash “WE KNOW YOUR FULL OF %^*)”.
    Are you that much of a loser that you would waste your time to post unbelievable B.S.? Now go change your screen name and come back with something different.

Forum Member

Flexit(?nice name)

Although your annoying, you do make our wait go a little faster. It's kinda amusing. Something else is also amusing like about year from now most of us on this forum will be working for the CFD, in the academy or in processing. You will not. Now thats funny. You will be under another screen name saying this and that while pulling your pud. Keep your posts coming so we can all have a good laugh. Thank you.

MembersZone Subscriber

what ever happened to ashtray? maybe ashtray is back from the dead and flexit is his new sn, and unitedwestand can we get a rough Estimate of how much running you do in the academy and # of push-ups.

Forum Member

Nice just what this job needs......ANOTHER CLOUT BABY!!!
    Maybe you can use it to stay outta the airport!

Forum Member

[QUOTE=AlKalineTrio;989383]what ever happened to ashtray? maybe ashtray is back from the dead and flexit is his new snQUOTE]

Thats exactly what I thought.

Forum Member

TMPC-
    who called you and when? I am waiting for my medical too and hoping to be in this next group. Did anyone else on this board get a call and what number range are you in?
    Thanks.
    I was called on Monday afternoon by a woman (can't remember name). A very short conversation. My number is 300-350 range. I hope you get a call as well. Also, can someone confirm the time on Saturday. Thanks
    Last edited by tmpc2007; 09-17-2008 at 12:56 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default time

she told me 8:00am

Forum Member

she told me 8:00am
    They told us to be there at 8:00 also and guys were showing up up 7:45 and got bitched out. Be there before 7:30 at the latest. I got there at 7:00.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default .....

that's my plan 07:00, bugsy your going to let us tknow when they contact you next, right??

maybe we will do our medical and then all get the same letter for the last part of this game????

Forum Member

that's my plan 07:00, bugsy your going to let us tknow when they contact you next, right??

maybe we will do our medical and then all get the same letter for the last part of this game????
    Make sure you guys check and see what the last date for medicals is. When I went to Clinton St. there was only one page and one place to take our medicals. If there is two pages we will know guys will be called for the following week.

Thread Information